• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1297494059' post='2630133']
/me yawns

Need new material guys.
[/quote]

What else is there though?

While I was initially concerned about this move, it has all dissipated in yet another irrelevant assault. Time was not on the side of NPO, and NpO's allies seem to have made their way out of the war just in time to free up CnG and the rest of Pandora's Box, just as NPO's allies committed to a strategy of drawing out the war as long as possible.

Most of NpO's contingency have agreed to terms of not re-entering the war on any front.

If this war was to be won, NpO's allies needed to keep Pandora's Box occupied for at least two more weeks, and NPO's allies needed to blitz immediately and try to overwhelm Doom House. Neither of those happened, so now you have the associated heckling.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1297494862' post='2630145']
What else is there though?

While I was initially concerned about this move, it has all dissipated in yet another irrelevant assault. Time was not on the side of NPO, and NpO's allies seem to have made their way out of the war just in time to free up CnG and the rest of Pandora's Box, just as NPO's allies committed to a strategy of drawing out the war as long as possible.

Most of NpO's contingency have agreed to terms of not re-entering the war on any front.

If this war was to be won, NpO's allies needed to keep Pandora's Box occupied for at least two more weeks, and NPO's allies needed to blitz immediately and try to overwhelm Doom House. Neither of those happened, so now you have the associated heckling.
[/quote]

You are running on the assumption that the NpO-VE war/front is working with the NPO-Doomhouse war/front. They aren't. I'm not sure where anyone gets the impression NpO is working to help NPO or vice versa. A lot of the alliances on the NpO front are there assisting allies who are not the NpO.

Your disappointment seems to be the product of over-hyped expectations based on a false premise.

As for the tactical assessment, I'm sure Doomhouse would have loved to see NPO and allies go full retard like MCXA did and be buried in a week.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297495412' post='2630149']
Um, he is actually positing the opposite of what you are saying he is.
[/quote]

And yet still expressing surprise that no coordination was taking place. Either that or he posted a number of paragraphs saying nothing at all.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1297495643' post='2630153']
And yet still expressing surprise that no coordination was taking place. Either that or he posted a number of paragraphs saying nothing at all.
[/quote]

I think his suprise is more based on the fact that they didn't take advantage of the situation PB was in and to give DH a run for their money while their allies are all tied up in the NpO front.

No coordination needs to take place, simply the utilization of their opponent's weaker position at the start of war and the realization that they had little time to take advantage of it. That is what I read out of it. Coordination against a common foe would be a plus, but hardly nessessary for what he suggests.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1297495320' post='2630148']
You are running on the assumption that the NpO-VE war/front is working with the NPO-Doomhouse war/front. They aren't. I'm not sure where anyone gets the impression NpO is working to help NPO or vice versa. A lot of the alliances on the NpO front are there assisting allies who are not the NpO.

Your disappointment seems to be the product of over-hyped expectations based on a false premise.

As for the tactical assessment, I'm sure Doomhouse would have loved to see NPO and allies go full retard like MCXA did and be buried in a week.
[/quote]

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297495412' post='2630149']
Um, he is actually positing the opposite of what you are saying he is.
[/quote]

True. I'm saying PB is working for a victory on both fronts and somehow NpO and NPO and their associated allies have facilitated it.

Though, I've been at best only an observer lately so I don't know.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1297496901' post='2630163']
Sparta DoWs on TOOL! Oh wait. Sorry, reflex. Finally a war we won't be fighting each other in.
[/quote]

But it is so sad. Black and white make such beautiful colors. Yin and yang! :wub:

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1297496098' post='2630155']
I think his suprise is more based on the fact that they didn't take advantage of the situation PB was in and to give DH a run for their money while their allies are all tied up in the NpO front.

No coordination needs to take place, simply the utilization of their opponent's weaker position at the start of war and the realization that they had little time to take advantage of it. That is what I read out of it. Coordination against a common foe would be a plus, but hardly nessessary for what he suggests.
[/quote]

Perhaps they assessed the situation and decided the road they have taken is the better one.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1297496668' post='2630161']
True. I'm saying PB is working for a victory on both fronts and somehow NpO and NPO and their associated allies have facilitated it.

[/quote]

Perhaps because PB opened both fronts. I'm pretty sure they would not have done that unless their spreadsheets tallied up in their favour. I'm not sure how NpO facilitated anything short of being attacked.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1297496668' post='2630161']

[/quote]

Considering that apparently they aren't coordinating at all, I can see how they are facilitating their enemies victory.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297497013' post='2630164']
Two things disappointing about this.

#1 Jarkko isnt in TOOL anymore so the chances of nuking him are gone :(

#2 the 25 times than quit guy has been gone for awhile

damn you TOOL, damn you!
[/quote]Did he nuke someone 25 times, then quit?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1297490320' post='2630065']
And our time-travelling friend chimes in with his customary "lolpeacemode" post.
[/quote]

Tyga.. I'm surprised you were able to call that a post with a straight face...

reading most of the posts from our "opponents" seems to drop our IQ points for each one we read... perhaps that's their plan.. Dumb us down to their level and break out the shrooms and ale and just forget why they are so "well liked" :wacko:

Thank you TOOL. Best friends are hard to find in a crazy world like this.. Good to know we have each others backs :)