Follow the White Light

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1297631735' post='2631419']
Apparently "defending an ally" these days means hiding 75%+ of your upper tier in peace mode.

We'll see if TOOL has them come out but I doubt it.
[/quote]
An ally who also has most of their upper tier in peace mode. ;)

-Bama

About time...

TOOL has always tried to do the best it can for friends and allies. We try to avoid pushing our agenda, thoughts or philosophy onto others and we respect highly those who act in a similar fashion. The whole notion that TOOL was/is a meatshield for our more political present friends is something that TOOL has been trying to shake off for a long time. Right back to the days where TPF and \m/ both signed the Joint Protectorate with TOOL. Even at that point we were already being called TPF "puppets" due to our size in members. We were once referred to as GOONS puppets when we hit IRON, and then IRON puppets when we hit Sparta. Fighting wars because outside influence sent someone to hit one of our friends. I do believe that is probably the reason why the likes of MK show such hostility towards TOOL. That TOOL has no presence in the fields in which they play their ball games.

And that is fine. It is largely understood, and I have attempted myself when I was leading TOOL to present both myself and the alliance to MK, to Athens, to others we have been at odds and at war with us; in an attempt not just to avoid future wars and antagonism but in an attempt to better understand the differences in approach and culture of the communities playing this game. I am delighted that we have been able to express that to number of alliances over our years. Making many friends through conflict. TPF, IRON, The Brigade, LoSS, RIA... And while Sparta have always been just a step too far removed in political terms to ever bridge, I do like Sparta and should winds of change occur maybe the chances will change to get to know one another outside of blood.

This is how I view this war with MK - to break some shackles which have come to define how MK and TOOL interact on OWF and in-game. For a long time now MK have been the most vocal detractors of TOOL. For any number of fleeting and minor reasons in my opinion. To a point where I feel it became a hatred bred to justify feeling the hatred in the first place. I have tried to connect and express this to MK, and could never find out why so many barriers existed. The only thing I could chalk it down to is that MK are a very politically orientated alliance in CN. They come across as exclusively power movers and shakers. This conflicts with the culture in TOOL, even though for a very long time TOOL were very close to those MK now calls friends.

It is CN politics which placed barriers on those friendships remaining, with hostility being shown to TOOL for simply not dropping friends of ours that they did not like. I personally have very fond memories of \m/ of old, WC et al and also GOONSv1. I enjoyed the coalition efforts surrounding the Unjust War in which TOOL fought on MKs side. Its odd how some alliances can speak so highly of friendship and camaraderie through strife and struggle, yet so readily dismiss such when it is viewed in the "enemy".

I was happy to see MK again become a friend of a friend. And I hoped the treaty with TOP was going to be a chance for TOOL to have an open gate to understand and maybe be understood by those in MK which want TOOL destroyed for the crime of existing. But perhaps this war will be the chance to end it? To bury the hatchet? I dont know, really... But TOOL are fighting for only one Order, and it is ourselves. We have never aligned for Political gain or purpose. We refused to bandwagon during the years of Q wars, and unless friends were threatened we kept clear of conflicts. I realise it is not a novel idea to defend allies, but in context I find it a rare idea that one can list all its past allies as friends.

The biggest struggle has been this for TOOL. Even in a world where those who viewed TOOL as an enemy spoke of wanting multi-poles, non politic stand-offs... those same alliances still maintained that imposing element upon TOOL where we were labeled as on the other side when in truth TOOL was always looking for friends with anyone we had contact with. We dont demand our friends are all mutual friends, and we are no more influenced in CN by TPF then by IRON or by BRIG. TOOL are independent and long may it continue regardless of the politics. If you wish to understand TOOL then please open that channel. But the hatred shown towards TOOL for reasons long lost, forgotten or fabricated makes a mockery of all involved.

With that said, this war has been on the cards for years. And hopefully with it, some element of that build up will dissipate and allow old sores to heal.

o/ TOOL
o/ MK

GK

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1297631735' post='2631419']
Apparently "defending an ally" these days means hiding 75%+ of your upper tier in peace mode.

We'll see if TOOL has them come out but I doubt it.
[/quote]
I just looked and it was under 50% so don't hold your breath.

Edit: Upper tier, read the post Jens. But yeah, I wish they would bring them out, at least to show their allies that they're willing to take a beating.

Edited by Jens of the desert

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1297715323' post='2633234']

Edit: Upper tier, read the post Jens. But yeah, I wish they would bring them out, at least to show their allies that they're willing to take a beating.
[/quote]

They've done a pretty good job of that the last two wars. haha

Dealmaster and Thomas20 at Hellas' nukes like a champ.

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1297685095' post='2632869']
About time...

TOOL has always tried to do the best it can for friends and allies. We try to avoid pushing our agenda, thoughts or philosophy onto others and we respect highly those who act in a similar fashion. The whole notion that TOOL was/is a meatshield for our more political present friends is something that TOOL has been trying to shake off for a long time. Right back to the days where TPF and \m/ both signed the Joint Protectorate with TOOL. Even at that point we were already being called TPF "puppets" due to our size in members. We were once referred to as GOONS puppets when we hit IRON, and then IRON puppets when we hit Sparta. Fighting wars because outside influence sent someone to hit one of our friends. I do believe that is probably the reason why the likes of MK show such hostility towards TOOL. That TOOL has no presence in the fields in which they play their ball games.

And that is fine. It is largely understood, and I have attempted myself when I was leading TOOL to present both myself and the alliance to MK, to Athens, to others we have been at odds and at war with us; in an attempt not just to avoid future wars and antagonism but in an attempt to better understand the differences in approach and culture of the communities playing this game. I am delighted that we have been able to express that to number of alliances over our years. Making many friends through conflict. TPF, IRON, The Brigade, LoSS, RIA... And while Sparta have always been just a step too far removed in political terms to ever bridge, I do like Sparta and should winds of change occur maybe the chances will change to get to know one another outside of blood.

This is how I view this war with MK - to break some shackles which have come to define how MK and TOOL interact on OWF and in-game. For a long time now MK have been the most vocal detractors of TOOL. For any number of fleeting and minor reasons in my opinion. To a point where I feel it became a hatred bred to justify feeling the hatred in the first place. I have tried to connect and express this to MK, and could never find out why so many barriers existed. The only thing I could chalk it down to is that MK are a very politically orientated alliance in CN. They come across as exclusively power movers and shakers. This conflicts with the culture in TOOL, even though for a very long time TOOL were very close to those MK now calls friends.

It is CN politics which placed barriers on those friendships remaining, with hostility being shown to TOOL for simply not dropping friends of ours that they did not like. I personally have very fond memories of \m/ of old, WC et al and also GOONSv1. I enjoyed the coalition efforts surrounding the Unjust War in which TOOL fought on MKs side. Its odd how some alliances can speak so highly of friendship and camaraderie through strife and struggle, yet so readily dismiss such when it is viewed in the "enemy".

I was happy to see MK again become a friend of a friend. And I hoped the treaty with TOP was going to be a chance for TOOL to have an open gate to understand and maybe be understood by those in MK which want TOOL destroyed for the crime of existing. But perhaps this war will be the chance to end it? To bury the hatchet? I dont know, really... But TOOL are fighting for only one Order, and it is ourselves. We have never aligned for Political gain or purpose. We refused to bandwagon during the years of Q wars, and unless friends were threatened we kept clear of conflicts. I realise it is not a novel idea to defend allies, but in context I find it a rare idea that one can list all its past allies as friends.

The biggest struggle has been this for TOOL. Even in a world where those who viewed TOOL as an enemy spoke of wanting multi-poles, non politic stand-offs... those same alliances still maintained that imposing element upon TOOL where we were labeled as on the other side when in truth TOOL was always looking for friends with anyone we had contact with. We dont demand our friends are all mutual friends, and we are no more influenced in CN by TPF then by IRON or by BRIG. TOOL are independent and long may it continue regardless of the politics. If you wish to understand TOOL then please open that channel. But the hatred shown towards TOOL for reasons long lost, forgotten or fabricated makes a mockery of all involved.

With that said, this war has been on the cards for years. And hopefully with it, some element of that build up will dissipate and allow old sores to heal.

o/ TOOL
o/ MK

GK
[/quote]

this posts wins the thread, so the rest of you can go home now and return to your regularly scheduled CN ;)

not much can be said here but there's this: the war here was years in the making so have fun you two, May The Breaking of the World (NS/infra) kill the Shadows (roots of hate) so the Light (new beginnings) since once more

note - haters can ignore ill attempt to reference WoT here if they hate :P

[spoiler]Good Luck TOOL: w/ the odds you guys have stacked here and also going by personal experience - you'll need every bit of luck you can get[/spoiler]

Edited by dragonknight1000

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1297715323' post='2633234']

[/quote]

Take a look at Karma and BiPolar and say that again. We've been on the losing side before and have taken a beating. I am sorry we're not playing by your rules. 48 TOOL nations were under 24k when we entered this war and in war mode. We're not suddenly going to roll over and fight according to someone else's rules and considering it is an overall strategy, we're leaving no one out to hang except the people we're fighting. Only people we owe anything to are our allies.

Personally I am enjoying the person I am fighting. Kudos to TruHart. Here's to a good fight.