And Then There Was Silence...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uncle B' timestamp='1297208917' post='2626153']
I am assuming this is sarcastic being Sparta has proven once again that they suck at war, and so I have no idea why they would wish to get involved in another front to help out their allies enemies by giving them free tech etc (Unless its another cunning plan to pull in their unengaged allies again).

Also woo peace, boo to non-engagement term (personally would of prefered one that said they wouldn't engage our allies again).
[/quote]

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1297211140' post='2626216']
If this is what you think you are in the wrong alliance dude. As MHA and Sparta have been brothers for while.
[/quote]

I am inclined to agree.

Edited by Crushtania

[quote name='Uncle B' timestamp='1297208917' post='2626153']
I am assuming this is sarcastic being Sparta has proven once again that they suck at war, and so I have no idea why they would wish to get involved in another front to help out their allies enemies by giving them free tech etc (Unless its another cunning plan to pull in their unengaged allies again).
[/quote]
[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1297211140' post='2626216']
If this is what you think you are in the wrong alliance dude. As MHA and Sparta have been brothers for while.
[/quote]
[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1297229835' post='2626678']
I am inclined to agree.
[/quote]
As am I. Spartans and Hitchhikers have been drinking Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters together for a long time.
(and will continue to do so)

[quote name='Walker Texas Ranger' timestamp='1297203935' post='2626082']
We accomplished our goal in entering this war. WAPA is safe. We've honored our treaty. That's not the issue. Our issue with the terms also does not stem from a mere wish to keep fighting.

We were told we were needed for a war that, very likely, would go on for several weeks at minimum (Also explaining why we kept a 2nd wave ready in peace mode). Suddenly, terms were written up and we were not included at the negotiating table. The terms were presented to us, what choice did we have?

The problem is, we CAN'T help an ally. Because AZTEC's leadership agreed to only allow defense attacks against DoW's that are post-treaty, we've effectively neutered our fighting ability. MHA and Friends don't have to follow that term. Why is that? Who thought that was an awesome idea? Our terms are selfish, that's what they are. We're safe, but our other allies are screwed.

Option 1: We refuse to sign. That leads to two possible outcomes. Either the other alliances declare peace and we're left fighting on our lonesome. Or the other alliances are forced to continue to fight. I'm not sure why our leader signed the terms, nor do I know if our concerns were voiced to AZTEC's leadership about the terms. What really bothers me is that AZTEC would accept a surrender in the first place. A white peace would have been equitable. This? This is allowing Sparta and MHA to saddle us and say "Giddy-up."

Option 2: We sign. Which we did. We accomplish our objective of defending WAPA and the rest of AZTEC can get some respite (I realize several of their alliances were being hit very hard). However, as Cairna said, this was a choice between castration and suicide. By signing this agreement, we've certainly protected our own (And AZTEC's) interests, while ignoring the war as a whole.
[/quote]

I can see how you guys would feel trapped but couldn't you have told the people negotiating that CD wanted free reentry? I don't know. It just seems like CD is blaming everyone else and not taking any of the responsibility.

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1297239464' post='2626815']
I can see how you guys would feel trapped but couldn't you have told the people negotiating that CD wanted free reentry? I don't know. It just seems like CD is blaming everyone else and not taking any of the responsibility.
[/quote]

Keep beating dude, no one even notices that horse is dead!

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1297212461' post='2626254']
Don't burst a gasket there, chump. ;)
[/quote]

If that's the only response you've got, I guess there isn't an answer to my question and the last however many pages of arguments have been over $%&@all.

Glad that's been cleared up, chump. :rolleyes:

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1297239464' post='2626815']
[/quote]

Our displeasure and opinion was made privately. We've now attained the desired public effect.

Nobody trolls better than CD. Nobody ( looking at you, GOONS )

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1297255342' post='2626894']
It's like Groundhog Day in this thread.

Also, I love French poetry.
[/quote]
BRB, making ice sculptures. Got a piano lesson later today.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1297221506' post='2626505']
Can someone from CD honestly come out and tell me the answer to this question? I'd like to know just how AZTEC "made it seem" like the war was going to last weeks. That seems to be the main issue here.
[/quote]
No, it's actually far from the main issue. FAR FAR from the main issue. Like, way far, but people like you keep getting caught up in the idea that it somehow is. It's like you read the first sentence of a post and assume it doesn't go any further. The main issue has been reiterated by CD gov as well as the TC gov members present as well as our old and lovable friend, Auctor. I'll tell you now, Walker Texas Ranger is not CD gov and has been out of the loop for some time.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1297207809' post='2626131']
Seriously now, who told you and who knew exactly how long the war would last? I'm sick of hearing this line of argument, it's really beginning to piss me off. I wish someone would've told me how long the war would last, I'd have goaded more MHA members into attacking me.

No, you didn't have a second wave, you had your middle & top tier in peacemode for the NPO-DH front, so no that doesn't 'also explain why you kept a second wave in peacemode', every nation ranked in the top two thirds of your alliance does not constitute a second wave.

If WAPA knew that we'd all be peacing out less than a week after you entered, they'd have never asked you to enter in the first place. The situation is unfortunate but not exactly something that they could've known, so quit the bawwing all over the OWF, it's getting !@#$@#$ ridiculous now.
[/quote]
Mayzie, you know as well as I do that getting upset over this, in combination with you're frequent drinking, would be bad for your future ulcer, so just relax :P

CD came into this war because WAPA was the first of our allies to require our help. Gov made the logical assumption that it would be a long war, and told the membership to prepare for that. Of course, we were already in peace mode pending other plans, but that's all besides the point. However, I'd like to state for the record that before terms were posted here, CD only had 14 of it's 74 members in peace mode, 3 of which had rulers taking holiday in unknown lands.

The point is, as has been stated clearly time and time again, that when Bionic Redhead was first presented with the peace terms, it was pretty much all said and done. Just because someone is in the channel during the talks, doesn't mean they're paying attention to it. It's typically good coalition conduct to inform everyone of plans set, granted Cairna and BR should definitely have been following up on what was going on.

In any case, by the time BR was given the terms, he had no choice but to sign them. Had he been involved in the discussion, we should hope that our own interests could have perhaps been protected and therefore represented by this "white" peace. As a result of that not happening, we have to sit idly by while our allies, who still fight on, cannot expect us to lift a finger for fear of retribution by the largest alliances in the game.

And therein lies the problem. CD is locked between a rock and a hard place, and the real complaint is that AZTEC ultimately went over our heads in the process of ending this war. CD does not hate peace, it hates not being able to help its friends.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1297303661' post='2627550']
Big post
[/quote]

Auctor isn't lovable, I was sober when I wrote that and all of this should've been brought up in private when the terms were presented, maybe we could've made an exception, similar to the NV/wF term and the other allies being hit term.

Instead, we've had Cairna parading around in ladies clothes in this thread trying to get everyone's attention and people with little to no knowledge of the situation taking an argument and running with it.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1297336061' post='2627880']
Auctor isn't lovable, I was sober when I wrote that and all of this should've been brought up in private when the terms were presented, maybe we could've made an exception, similar to the NV/wF term and the other allies being hit term.

Instead, we've had Cairna parading around in ladies clothes in this thread trying to get everyone's attention and people with little to no knowledge of the situation taking an argument and running with it.
[/quote]

This shouldn't have been that big of a surprise though, Cairna usually wears ladies clothes.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1297336061' post='2627880']

[/quote]

Ya Pyroman, I'm in AZTEC and not a member of WAPA so you hate me and think I'm a coward.

Do think it was really charitable of you to assume Mayz was drunk tho.

Let me just state that the terms were discussed for as long as they were due to other coalition members' complaints about the re-entry issue. Had this been brought to our attention, I am sure a compromise could have been reached. CD never approached us about this. The first I heard of their displeasure was in this very thread.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1297357959' post='2628049']
CD should just defend allies anyways. People break treaties to stay out of wars, why not break one to join back in?
[/quote]

I believe they call that the "PC manuver".

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1297358549' post='2628057']
I believe that maneuver was widely applauded at the time too.
[/quote]

history is written by the winners.