And Then There Was Silence...

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1297140692' post='2625234']
So you are saying 11/12 alliances in your coalition effectively surrendered to Sparta and MHA, DF, and AO? Ok, noted.

And 1 alliance in your coalition surrendered to a FARK blitz, DF, AO and Sparta. Dually noted.
[/quote]

My compatriot was responding to the idea that Fark's blitz had severely diminished our side's will to fight, when in fact, it was focused on our alliance, and we were more than willing to keep going. However, assessing the damage that was being done to our allies, we agreed that peace was the best course of action given that our ability to support our Blood Brothers and AZTEC would be further diminished by Fark's entrance in the war.

While the 2 Spartans I fought fared averagely (imo), Sparta has lost 4 million NS since the start of the war, two weeks ago. The fact is, your hides got saved by the sheer weight of MHA and Fark, and even MHA hasn't fared too well at all.

We did our part admirably and relieved pressure on NV, who will continue to pound away at WF, of this I have no doubt. Now it's our time to pull back, and wait in the wings, desperately hoping one of our allies gets hit so we can relieve some of our pent-up aggression. So go ahead Sparta, re-engage someone, I'm sure it'll work out well for you guys. ;)

Also, Carpe Diem, I can understand your frustration, but do please keep things civil here. Everyone else directly named in this declaration has, why don't you as well?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297140270' post='2625218']
To the uninformed masses that continue to claim that it was not surrender, know that I was involved, and it was indeed a surrender given the fact that there were terms.

I would further suggest that said uninformed, and very likely unclean, masses purchase any book relating to critical thinking. If your nation has a University, as ruler, you may also wish to take a Critical Thinking class at any of these institutions. Most of the time they're useless, but, well, it is possible that we in the Order are just far too accustomed to our own education systems.
[/quote]

Learn bi-lateral (or in this case multi-lateral) cessation of hostilities. Terms don't mean a surrender. Geo-politics isn't black and white.

In this case, both sides (Sparta, MHA / Team us) wanted to yield. So is it possible to both surrender? No. You have a mutual agreement to cease hostilities. Live with it.

Edited by Dr.Gamer

[quote name='Njero' timestamp='1297140945' post='2625243']
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Hi you.

I hate your frigging soldiers. They do, not, die.
[/quote]
HAHA I had a blast man. Some of my soldiers do die......ALL OF MY PILOTS! I think they turned to suicidal bombing and missed their targets :/

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1297141140' post='2625252']
Cairna, if your alliance didn't like the agreement, they shouldn't have signed it.
[/quote]
As was previously stated, we had no choice but to sign it. Our complaint lies with the terms, as we were effectively leg shackled because it suited the higher ups. No consultation on negotiations, just a demand for a signature. Of course we're disgruntled. However, as was explained numerous times before, continuing a war with MHA while WAPA is peaced out is pointless.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1297141140' post='2625252'] So our record for the war was 1-1-1 but to be able to get the other party to surrender, it would have had to have been 3-0-0. For that, I'm comfortable saying we surrendered.
[/quote]
That's an even split, so should not the terms have been even as well? Forgive me if this is woman logic, but if it takes 3-0-0 to demand terms theeeen....

[quote name='Dr.Gamer' timestamp='1297141480' post='2625263']
Learn bi-lateral (or in this case multi-lateral) cessation of hostilities. Terms don't mean a surrender. Geo-politics isn't black and white.

In this case, both sides (Sparta, MHA / Team us) wanted to yield. So is it possible to both surrender? No. You have a mutual agreement to cease hostilities. Live with it.
[/quote]

I am living with it. But you are not going to muzzle us when we try to express our displeasure at the fact that these terms prevent us from helping our friends and were shoved down our throat without even involving us in the talks.

It is a mixed bag, I understand that for you guys. It accomplished your goals. We see that now. We were unaware that you were willing to accept this sort of agreement. Had we been aware, we would have apologized to WAPA and stood with our allies in Terra Cotta.

[quote]Try negotiating them a peace deal that works in their favor. Allies are good for more than a shield.[/quote]
We will do what we can for our allies. Trust me. It does not mean that we are happy to have our wings clipped.

[quote]Cairna, if your alliance didn't like the agreement, they shouldn't have signed it. The fact is their names are on the peace treaty so they approved of it. If you have a disagreement with the peace agreement, you should take it up with your government.
[/quote]
Oh. Hey, that was an option? Oh yeah, maybe we'll do that next time. Oh wait, no we won't because we're not the idiots you people keep suggesting we are.

We attempted to have the terms reviewed and argued. It was not happening. So either we refuse to sign and get left out in the cold or we screw over our allies in a worse way then AZTEC honchoes did us.

I know you guys accomplished your goals, but I feel like next time you need to let us know before we get ready to burn for you. I have a lot of blue-balled members.

[quote]Also, Carpe Diem, I can understand your frustration, but do please keep things civil here. Everyone else directly named in this declaration has, why don't you as well?[/quote]
Because that's not what we do.

[quote="Selindryl"]That's an even split, so should not the terms have been even as well? Forgive me if this is woman logic, but if it takes 3-0-0 to demand terms theeeen.... [/quote]
You are in a government position within the alliance, you are not allowed to use woman logic for state affairs. It is writ.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1297130546' post='2624914']
VALID CB! WAR'S BACK ON!
[/quote]
come get some more :rolleyes:

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297133524' post='2625004']
Next time you go to war AZTEC don't wuss out right after we get involved.
[/quote]
Maybe you should have come in sooner.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1297134680' post='2625034']
I don't know if you realize this, but for an AZTEC victory, those terms seem an awful lot more like a surrender. "wuss out" is an appropriate description of what happened.
[/quote]
piss off........I wanted another round......didn't have enough fun with my new AO buddies yet.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297139698' post='2625195']

Though, understandably someone from the Grand Lodge of Weemasons might not quite pick up on these sort of political overtures.
[/quote]
you know what I am really sorry we are treatied even by proxy........it would be nice to show you what the lodge is made of.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1297140692' post='2625234']
So you are saying 11/12 alliances in your coalition effectively surrendered to Sparta and MHA, DF, and AO? Ok, noted.

And 1 alliance in your coalition surrendered to a FARK blitz, DF, AO and Sparta. Dually noted.
[/quote]

doesn't really look like anyone surrendered. We came in to get sparta off NV. Sparta is no longer attacking NV.

MISSION COMPLETE

o/AO
o/Darkfall

o/AZTEC
o/GLoF

[quote name='Dr.Gamer' timestamp='1297141480' post='2625263']

[/quote]

To be clear, CD didn't want or doesn't care about Sparta/MHA/Team you to surrender. They just wanted to be able to enter into war to help out allies of them (namely ASU) in their war, since ASU now has little recourse for relief. Keep in mind that CD were not involved in any negotiations, nor does staying in war after WAPA (their ally who they entered to defend) make any logical sense at all.

In a nutshell, it's just suckage. CD wants to help out its allies, is all.

[quote name='Charles the Great' timestamp='1297142369' post='2625296']
Maybe you should have come in sooner.
[/quote]
We waited a day... But you're right, we could have attacked MHA before they declared on WAPA.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1297142636' post='2625302']
We waited a day... But you're right, we could have attacked MHA before they declared on WAPA.
[/quote]

you'd be violating the law in the future and committing a crime in the future, we shall file you as a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_Report_(film)"]minority report[/url]. Die future criminals :gun:

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1297142494' post='2625297']
To be clear, CD didn't want or doesn't care about Sparta/MHA/Team you to surrender. They just wanted to be able to enter into war to help out allies of them (namely ASU) in their war, since ASU now has little recourse for relief. Keep in mind that CD were not involved in any negotiations, nor does staying in war after WAPA (their ally who they entered to defend) make any logical sense at all.

In a nutshell, it's just suckage. CD wants to help out its allies, is all.
[/quote]

If they want to help out their allies, then the CD government could strike their names off the peace treaty. We aren't accountable for their actions. If they want to fight, the worst that could happen would be declared on again.

[quote name='Charles the Great' timestamp='1297142369' post='2625296']
you know what I am really sorry we are treatied even by proxy........it would be nice to show you what the lodge is made of.
[/quote]

People so easily offended that they would last half a minute in CD's community if they managed to get past the first few posts in their application without crying foul play?

[quote]Rabble Rabble if CD didn't want peace didn't sign Rabble Rabble Should have known beforehand Rabble Rabble[/quote]

When CD joined the conflict it was because our discussions in the AZTEC coalition channel implied that it would be worth our time and any outcome.

We are happy that WAPA is at peace. Sad we did not get to help them out more.

Angry that the coalition channel was full of [s]balls and[/s] bluster.

[quote="Dr Gamer"]If they want to help out their allies, then the CD government could strike their names off the peace treaty. We aren't accountable for their actions. If they want to fight, the worst that could happen would be declared on again. [/quote]

Once again, the nations of Carpe Diem would like to thank Dr Gamer for telling us that we have options, confirming once and for all that he almost [b]definitely[/b] does not have the capacity to ever be any sort of actual doctor.

Thank you for not being accountable for our actions! We are pleibs beneath your grace!

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Dr.Gamer' timestamp='1297142907' post='2625308']
If they want to help out their allies, then the CD government could strike their names off the peace treaty. We aren't accountable for their actions. If they want to fight, the worst that could happen would be declared on again.
[/quote]

I don't think CD really has any business to fight MHA after this. Now, if they could somehow agree with MHA to waive that clause or something with regards to CD, then I don't think there'd be an issue among CD members. Otherwise, it does contain some suckage.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1297143065' post='2625313']
I don't think CD really has any business to fight MHA after this. Now, if they could somehow agree with MHA to waive that clause or something with regards to CD, then I don't think there'd be an issue among CD members. Otherwise, it does contain some suckage.
[/quote]

You misunderstand the purpose of his post. He was merely flinging out options at random, hoping to enlighten us.

I am enlightened.

Carpe Diem. How dare you state your mind!

This outrage shall not stand. I wag my finger disapprovingly in your direction. Or something.

You shall toe the party line or the war machines of the alliances given terms, (but never surrendered!!11oneoneleven) shall have more harsh words for you.

[quote name='brother in arms' timestamp='1297135462' post='2625048']
Yet Sparta can do what it wishes for the duration of this war.

I believe that's called snatching Victory from the jaws of defeat
[/quote]

Ha! Say whatever you like, but it looks like we did a quick job of our fronts. Did our allies back us up? Absolutely. I will always hold gratitude toward every alliance that helped us on the battlefield. That's teamwork, mate. Bash our forces all you'd like, but in the end we (the collective we) won.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1297143937' post='2625335']
Ha! Say whatever you like, but it looks like we did a quick job of our fronts. Did our allies back us up? Absolutely. I will always hold gratitude toward every alliance that helped us on the battlefield. That's teamwork, mate. Bash our forces all you'd like, but in the end we (the collective we) won.
[/quote]

Sorry, Sparta, overall you kind of didn't do all that great. Your military didn't work all too well. And didn't Umbrella send you in just to help out wF?

Your goals were accomplished, I'm sure, don't get me wrong. AZTEC stands weakened and unable to escalate the conflict. But you guys [i]really[/i] just sorta wobbled around drunkenly. Sometimes that works out well.

Also I think you generally skipped over the fact that BiA's post didn't really say that you didn't win. Yeah, we know you did.
[quote]Carpe Diem. How dare you state your mind! [/quote]
We are hivemind.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1297142636' post='2625301']
Well, that just earned you a place on my ignore list. You need to learn some respect, buddy.
[/quote]
What, because she's a woman? Wow, Sparta, wow. :((

[quote name='Joe32320' timestamp='1297144291' post='2625343']
Congrats on peace Carpe Diem :)
[/quote]
ITT joe succesfully manages to out-troll any member of CD?

Well done, sir, you will receive your medal in the mail. Wear it with pride.