We Have a Grievance...

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1297266057' post='2627008']
Shinra and FLY merged with Athens, and GR fought on the same side as C&G in NoCB.

Plus what the handsome spartan said.
[/quote]
[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1297299783' post='2627469']
Last 3 major wars prior to this one, including a span of about 3 years:

NoCB: Obviously didn't bandwagon into any winning side.
Karma: MDoAP partner of Vanguard hit by NPO, C&G MADP activated. Helped make what could have been a losing side a winning side.
BiPolar: Pre-emptively attacked. Obviously not bandwagoning in there, seeing as they didn't declare the wars themselves.

So yea, can you show me an example of how C&G likes 'bandwagoning into the winning side'? Because I sure as hell can't find anything on it.
[/quote]
[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1297311788' post='2627665']
You're not big on thinking through your posts...

Let's check our sigs on the DoW against Legion.

rsoxbronco1 - Archon Eponymous (founding member)
RushSykes - Archon Basileus (non-merger join during august 08)
FyfeXIV - Minister of Foreign Affairs (founding member)
Londo - Minister of Defense (founding member)
Azelie - Minister of Economics (non-merger join late 2010)
Voodoo - Minister of Media (non-merger join january 2011)
Medtech - Minister of Education (non-merger join late 2008)

Just look at how those megamergers warped us. Sad really.
[/quote]
Doesn't look like Haflinger is letting things like facts and reality get in the way of his theories.

If you join a winning side it must just be opportunistic bandwaggoning!

I don't know what he is/was talking about CnG changing that much. Athens absorbed most of the "old alliances" like FLY and Shinra as said. =LOST= is one of the most consistent alliances in the game. GR was on the same side for NoCB and was added shortly thereafter. Vanguard was added and TDSM8 merged into them then they merged into MK who left. ODN and INT were added and FoB disbanded...so you have 3/5 alliances who have been CnG for all of its time. Not to mention the government turnover rate in those alliances isn't that high. Shamed has been in GR forever (unfortunately :awesome: ) =LOST= still has Manny, D-Caster, Hombre, Wargden, and most of their government, and Athens still has Londo and Rsox calling the shots and Jgoods trying to make friends with anything remotely resembling an alliance. I'd say that is pretty freaking consistent.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1297326077' post='2627829']
All this time and all these words just to declare war on one alliance? Are you perhaps over-fixated on Legion?
[/quote]

Would you rather have =LOST= "ghost declare" upon other alliances we cannot handle ourselves and put our CnG friends in a very awkward position?

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1297327444' post='2627842']
I don't know what he is/was talking about CnG changing that much. Athens absorbed most of the "old alliances" like FLY and Shinra as said. =LOST= is one of the most consistent alliances in the game. GR was on the same side for NoCB and was added shortly thereafter. Vanguard was added and TDSM8 merged into them then they merged into MK who left. ODN and INT were added and FoB disbanded...so you have 3/5 alliances who have been CnG for all of its time. Not to mention the government turnover rate in those alliances isn't that high. Shamed has been in GR forever (unfortunately :awesome: ) =LOST= still has Manny, D-Caster, Hombre, Wargden, and most of their government, and [b]Athens still has Londo and Rsox calling the shots[/b] and Jgoods trying to make friends with anything remotely resembling an alliance. I'd say that is pretty freaking consistent.
[/quote]

ITT Rush is chopped liver. Thanks Corrupt! also.. 100% right on the JGoods comment, I lol'd at it.

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1297299094' post='2627453']
I never really got an answer from our International diplomat on how INT uses communism in its alliance, When I looked over the nation lists of INT it was quite obvious they did not have a one class system and that the upper class exploit the lower class
[/quote]
And pray tell how obvious is it? provide examples. And if you would like to know about us then by all means register as a diplomat on our forum, I am certain that any discussion there on the merits of the International will be fruitful ;)

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1297299094' post='2627453']
I never really got an answer from our International diplomat on how INT uses communism in its alliance, When I looked over the nation lists of INT it was quite obvious they did not have a one class system and that the upper class exploit the lower class
[/quote]

They're not communists, they're a bunch of hand wringing liberals. A real communist would neck shot the lot of em.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1297351830' post='2627981']
They're not communists, they're a bunch of hand wringing liberals. A real communist would neck shot the lot of em.

[/quote]
Do you state this on the basis of the posts of INT members in this thread? or do you actually have some indepth knowledge of the inner workings of our alliance and the entirety of its members?

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1297351830' post='2627981']
[/quote]

Just like a real alliance (or in this case bloc of real alliances) is "neck shotting" you?

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297354083' post='2628007']
Do you state this on the basis of the posts of INT members in this thread? or do you actually have some indepth knowledge of the inner workings of our alliance and the entirety of its members?
[/quote]
:facepalm:
Is that a rhetorical question designed to say feel like you're whole alliance is being tarred with the same brush in a horribly unfair way? Bless.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1297356442' post='2628037']
:facepalm:
Is that a rhetorical question designed to say feel like you're whole alliance is being tarred with the same brush in a horribly unfair way? Bless.
[/quote]
heh, I thought the question was quite straightforward actually. Care to actually answer it?

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297356531' post='2628038']
heh, I thought the question was quite straightforward actually. Care to actually answer it?
[/quote]

The answer is in your own question. Read it back to yourself and ask yourself why I should need to know anything about the "entirety of it's members". Stop thinking and speaking like a liberal and put a collectivist head on for a moment, anyone can, it won't hurt.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1297357887' post='2628048']
The answer is in your own question. Read it back to yourself and ask yourself why I should need to know anything about the "entirety of it's members". Stop thinking and speaking like a liberal and put a collectivist head on for a moment, anyone can, it won't hurt.
[/quote]
Collectively speaking you have already judge us as a bunch of ''liberals'', yet you have totally refrained from actually pointing out how you came to this conclusion, I am sincerely interested in your viewpoint yet he we are with you effectively refusing to give a straight answer. But by all means continue trying to play the troll.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297358487' post='2628055']
Collectively speaking you have already judge us as a bunch of ''liberals'', yet you have totally refrained from actually pointing out how you came to this conclusion, I am sincerely interested in your viewpoint yet he we are with you effectively refusing to give a straight answer. But by all means continue trying to play the troll.
[/quote]

I thought my last post, the one you replied to with this drivel was explicit. Try again, I know it's alien to you but you can do it. Read what you wrote [i]"do you actually have some indepth knowledge of the inner workings of our alliance and the [b]entirety of its members[/b]?".[/i] I know this slips out naturally for you but do try and actually think about why the bold part is a product of liberal thought. The kind of thing a liberal would say about the liberals he hangs out with.

If this alone doesn't make it clear why I consider there to be nothing at all communist about the International try reading the post by Craig I quoted on this thread.

Apart from liberal hand wringing of one sort or another being the only output I've seen from the International there's no opposing evidence or argument. All you've got is a name, rhetoric so out of context as to be meaningless and some pictures.

[quote name='kolsara' timestamp='1297359566' post='2628072']
Without MK you're really not that scary anymore

:/
[/quote]
[img]http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww60/ProxODN/warwithlegion.png[/img]

INCINERATION.

You Legion kids are hilarious. Easiest. War. Ever.

Edited by Lucius Aerilius

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1297327444' post='2627842']
I don't know what he is/was talking about CnG changing that much. Athens absorbed most of the "old alliances" like FLY and Shinra as said. =LOST= is one of the most consistent alliances in the game. GR was on the same side for NoCB and was added shortly thereafter. Vanguard was added and TDSM8 merged into them then they merged into MK who left. ODN and INT were added and FoB disbanded...so you have 3/5 alliances who have been CnG for all of its time. Not to mention the government turnover rate in those alliances isn't that high. Shamed has been in GR forever (unfortunately :awesome: ) =LOST= still has Manny, D-Caster, Hombre, Wargden, and most of their government, and Athens still has Londo and Rsox calling the shots and [b]Jgoods trying to make friends with anything remotely resembling an alliance.[/b] I'd say that is pretty freaking consistent.
[/quote]

I do not. >:|

Just an fyi, Some people say I can be a jerk sometimes. :P

[quote name='kolsara' timestamp='1297359566' post='2628072']
Without MK you're really not that scary anymore

:/
[/quote]

That's ripe coming from the vaunted Paper Tiger. Also, MK has ties to more than half of CnG's members, meaning that of the 6 alliances that MK is treatied to, half of them are in CnG. Anyways, if we're not that scary anymore why have we had literally 1 alliance declare on a CnG signatory? I'm purposefully leaving THL out.

Maybe if half of Legion, including 85% of your nuclear capable nations, weren't in peace mode you'd be taken more seriously. Peace mode can't be played as a strategic move if you don't plan on coming out, just sayin.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297366025' post='2628177']
That's ripe coming from the vaunted Paper Tiger. Also, MK has ties to more than half of CnG's members, meaning that of the 6 alliances that MK is treatied to, half of them are in CnG. Anyways, if we're not that scary anymore why have we had literally 1 alliance declare on a CnG signatory? I'm purposefully leaving THL out.

Maybe if half of Legion, including 85% of your nuclear capable nations, weren't in peace mode you'd be taken more seriously. Peace mode can't be played as a strategic move if you don't plan on coming out, just sayin.
[/quote]

No one declared on CnG because you guys just aren't relevant anymore duh :v: MK puppet block and all even the Paper Tigers are laughing at you from Hippy mode. I say its time to show them that you guys mean business as part of the Neo-Hegemony and either forcibly disband The Legion or install a Viceroy or something for this. Personally I'm going to root for the disbandment option.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1297372862' post='2628287']
No one declared on CnG because you guys just aren't relevant anymore duh :v: MK puppet block and all even the Paper Tigers are laughing at you from Hippy mode. I say its time to show them that you guys mean business as part of the Neo-Hegemony and either forcibly disband The Legion or install a Viceroy or something for this. Personally I'm going to root for the disbandment option.
[/quote]

While I speak only for myself and of what I think I know about CnG since I've been a part of it for so long, I believe CnG is against disbanding [b]any[/b] alliance.

However, I am all for dismembering The Corrupt Teacher :P