We Have a Grievance...

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297025584' post='2622597']

I suppose you guys have no complaints to make about Kamichi then?

[/quote]

Kamichi is, and will always be a citizen of Athens. We love him. I fail to see what that has to do with a war against Legion?

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297013515' post='2622260']
Yeah very different situation... :rolleyes:

NEW attacks DF without any [b]RATIONAL[/b] reason.
DF's allies attack NEW in defense.
PC and iFOK claims it is an agressive move and don't activate their [b]oA[/b] treaty clause with NEW
You:

[b]Now: [/b]

DH attacks NPO without any [b]RATIONAL[/b] reason.
NPO's allies attack GOONS in defense of NPO
=LOST= active oA treaty clause with GOONS and attacks Legion
You:

And you guys still be mad when I call you hypocrites, I really can't understand. :facepalm:
[/quote]

Yet again, you prove you don't understand what the word hypocrisy means. LOST had the free choice to choose whether to join in. They can choose which ever method (MD/oA) as it's all essentially the same in coalition warfare. But they had the choice to use the non-chaining clause and they didn't. Unless Doomhose are saying LOST was not allowed to use a non-chaining clause [they aren't] then it is not hypocrisy. C&G and Doomhouse certainly do hold the belief that non-chaining clauses can be used, which is why we have them in our treaties.

How far are we into this war and we are [b]still[/b] arguing over the word optional? Man, come on there are so many other arguments to make can we leave that one in the past?

You guys should be arguing over how you hate each other and how there is bad blood there. That makes for a more entertaining discussion that doesn't jeopardize our brain cells.

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1297021152' post='2622471']
For anyone with historical perspective, this declaration saddens me.

All I have to say is that you'd better give us your best shot and make it count ODN.

You're going to have to kill us all before we let this one go.
[/quote]

Of course we'll do our best. Every battle will count and every attack will have a purpose. Legion will be neutralized.

Why would we hold back? In honor of a lingering wisp of a ghost representing a relationship long-past dead? Your alliance made the decision to cling to the cloak of your Pacifican necromancing nursemaids, your sadist saviors. They lead you to this place, this corpse-ridden battlefield muck -- not us.

If you wish, we'll provide you with the fire so that a phoenix may someday rise to take the place of your supplicant & debeaked dovedom. But it's never too late to let go.

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1297021152' post='2622471']
You're going to have to kill us all before we let this one go.
[/quote]
Hard to kill an opponent holed up in hippy mode. Assuming you don't send the upper crust of Legion into the fray, are you saying this war will go on forever? Or were you just making an overstatement for dramatic effect?

edit: typo

Edited by LeDee

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1297029740' post='2622688']
Regardless of the war and why and how it started its a shame to see GOONS and ODN members etc talking about trying to disband one of the oldest alliances on the planet. But oh well everyone just wants to be like NPO of the past it seems :wub:
[/quote]

Show me where a member of the Network talked about trying to disband anybody.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' timestamp='1297030006' post='2622698']
Show me where a member of the Network talked about trying to disband anybody.
[/quote]

Volgan was shooting off for effect. Some people like to drum up the statements of the rank and file who get a little over into their roles to represent the alliance as a whole.

Haters gonna hate.

[quote name='Tiggah' timestamp='1297030243' post='2622703']
Volgan was shooting off for effect. Some people like to drum up the statements of the rank and file who get a little over into their roles to represent the alliance as a whole.

Haters gonna hate.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, that was a decent stab at RP by Volgan. A nice effort...too bad he's on potato-peeling duty for the next week because of it.

(sorry Potato)

We have no interest in disbanding anyone. We do have an interest in fighting and defeating The Legion. That is all. Personally if it was up to me all I would expect from The Legion is they fight, surrender, and the only terms they have to accept from ODN is they will not reenter this war or any linked wars such as the VE/NpO conflict. I truly doubt that ODN plans to offer them anything worse than that.

[quote name='Froggor' timestamp='1297030737' post='2622719']
We have no interest in disbanding anyone. We do have an interest in fighting and defeating The Legion. That is all. Personally if it was up to me all I would expect from The Legion is they fight, surrender, and the only terms they have to accept from ODN is they will not reenter this war or any linked wars such as the VE/NpO conflict. I truly doubt that ODN plans to offer them anything worse than that.
[/quote]

It would seem cruel to demand reparations when they've done us no damage...

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1297029740' post='2622688']
Regardless of the war and why and how it started its a shame to see GOONS and ODN members etc talking about trying to disband one of the oldest alliances on the planet. But oh well everyone just wants to be like NPO of the past it seems :wub:
[/quote]

yeah, couldn't be at all that we're yanking people's chains.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1297016424' post='2622351']
You defend your friend even if they're in the wrong or right. That's the point of being an ally.
[/quote]
Very sadly, this man is right. but the mindless arguing will continue

Legion, can you bring a 90k+ nation out of peace mode sometime tommorow? im freaking bored and about to go nuke Londo

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297032750' post='2622794']
Very sadly, this man is right. but the mindless arguing will continue

Legion, can you bring a 90k+ nation out of peace mode sometime tommorow? im freaking bored and about to go nuke Londo
[/quote]
Actually Legion, don't. I want to see this happen. :P

Frankly I dont see how anyone could make legion disband unless you decided to do it yourselves. Maybe after we ZI every last one of you but come on that is not going to happen. The ODN is not like that. You legion boys will come to your senses way before that.

Its really unfortunate someone misinterperted my bravedo for something else. Ow well, now where did I put that potato peeler - the potato peeler I'm gonna use to scoop out Legion brains mahhahahahaha - no! no! I mean I'm gonna peel spuds.