Notice of Treaty Cancellation

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296700765' post='2616866']
I am truly sad to see this happen. Most alliances haven't even been around for four years, let alone held a consecutive treatied relationship for that long.

I hope someday we can regain the distance that has come between us because as I have always loved MHA and will continue to do so despite this cancellation.

And so goes our last tie to Aqua. :(
[/quote]
As someone that left aqua years ago, I can say that you're better off getting totally out of that cesspool.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1296702447' post='2616904']
This is quite an interesting development... not sure if I've seen anything like it.

Not really a NATO fan, and indifferent to MHA, though I was allied to both of you back in the day. But if the evidence, as presented, is accurate (and I don't see how it can't be), then clearly MHA decided that their treaty with NATO was not worth as much as their treaty with Sparta. Shoulda stayed aqua, NATO. :P
[/quote]
The Sparta treaty is an MDP and after they ignored their treaties in Karma and TOP/CNG, it's not surprising that MHA went in. If they didn't, no one would want to treaty them ever again. MHA could have targeted their declarations better and not hit TFD. It was attacking TFD that created the problem.

[quote name='HOUGHTAILING' timestamp='1296709605' post='2617115']
Sad to see NATO turn on us. :( Hope you at least try peace talks with us before you DOW on us. :smug: We didn't attack you lets see if you will do the same. :gag:
[/quote]
Your alliance was entirely responsible for creating this situation, NATO didn't turn on you at all. Your alliance turned on them by attacking a treaty partner that you knew NATO had a dual membership with.

[quote name='King Tom' timestamp='1296712321' post='2617262']
I agree, and i do hope NATO and MHA do not come to blows in this war.
[/quote]
I for one hope that you do come to blows early and often. Otherwise, NATO's going to find itself with a fairly worthless treaty partner once MHA's done with us. MHA aren't that good, but there are way too many of them for us to handle and they're dragging us down by the virtue of their size.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1296743968' post='2617733']
I agree we beleaguered TFD after TFD beleaguered Sparta. Plenty of belligerence to go around. You are free to panic as much as it suits you. The Don't Panic motto is something we express to our members and our allies. Those across the fields of battle are free to panic as much as they can stand and we won't say a thing against it.
[/quote]
The only reason we hit Sparta is Sparta hit NV, who we were treatied to. Sparta hit NV for no reason at all as NV didn't do anything to any of Sparta's allies.

Edited by Duncan King

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you, NATO! We can always count on you. :wub:

MHA, I don't think all of you fully understand what you've just lost. I am sad for you, but upset that you forced NATO to choose. You never doubted the choice they'd make though, did you? If you didn't see this coming the moment you hit TFD, you're being led by the blind.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1296751390' post='2617822']
so it's a bad thing when MHA hit's TFD...yet not when NATO and co hit Sparta?
[/quote]

Who said it was bad? The only thing they said was "you did what you had to do, and that forced us to do what we had to do"

[quote name='mike717' timestamp='1296753566' post='2617866']
Who said it was bad? The only thing they said was "you did what you had to do, and that forced us to do what we had to do"
[/quote]

What he means is: NATO also knows full-well that Sparta is MHA's MDoAP partner, as MHA also knows full-well that TFD is NATO's ally. Both sides knew what was going to happen.

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1296754033' post='2617875']
What he means is: NATO also knows full-well that Sparta is MHA's MDoAP partner, as MHA also knows full-well that TFD is NATO's ally. Both sides knew what was going to happen.
[/quote]

pretty much

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1296754033' post='2617875']
[/quote]

And Sparta should have known full well NV was TFD's ally, who had dual membership with NATO, who was MHA's ally. Basically attacking an ally of an ally's ally. However, Sparta was the aggressor, they could have attacked anybody (seriously, anybody, they disregard treaties), and they picked an ally of TFD. Which led to this whole mess.

I'm not blaming Sparta, or MHA, or NATO. It's just unfortunate that MHA decided to support an aggressive action in spite of their treaty with NATO.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1296756756' post='2617916']
...did you even read what you wrote? or were you just trying to make as confusing a post as possible?
[/quote]

He's saying:

Sparta declared on NV.
NV are an ally of TFD.
TFD and co attacked Sparta.
MHA attack TFD and co.

Sparta = Aggressors.

He's not blaming anyone for this.

Unfortunate that MHA supported agressive action dispite treties.

I think I about summed it up into small, managable chunks.

[quote name='Illius Vander' timestamp='1296760374' post='2617968']
To be fair, MHA had plenty of alliances to pick from when they did their counter. They didn't have to pick TFD. Honestly though, TFD is so sexy, who wouldn't want to ask her to dance? :P
[/quote]

I'm tempted to peace with MHA and declare on TFD then :awesome:

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1296756460' post='2617910']
And Sparta should have known full well NV was TFD's ally, who had dual membership with NATO, who was MHA's ally. Basically attacking an ally of an ally's ally. However, Sparta was the aggressor, they could have attacked anybody (seriously, anybody, they disregard treaties), and they picked an ally of TFD. Which led to this whole mess.

I'm not blaming Sparta, or MHA, or NATO. It's just unfortunate that MHA decided to support an aggressive action in spite of their treaty with NATO.
[/quote]
If every ally of any ally's ally was off limits for people to hit, there would never be any wars...ever.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296761350' post='2617979']
If every ally of any ally's ally was off limits for people to hit, there would never be any wars...ever.
[/quote]
Unless, of course, you guys stopped signing treaties with everything with a pulse.

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296735475' post='2617640']
I think you mean GRE. We can debate what we may have, may not have and proposed to have done a million different ways. The point of the matter is this ToA has been canceled, unilaterally by NATO. You have made a clear declaration to MHA where we stand in relation to you. [/quote]

I think they demonstrated that the obligations of a DMT stand higher than the generic good feelings of a ToA. Although, I think that relation should have been fairly obvious.

[quote name='Crushtania']As a harbinger of peace, I cannot help but feel that I have failed in some way if a treaty is canceled, irrespective of the circumstances under which it occurred.[/quote]

I suspect that you can trace the cause of this treaty cancellation directly to this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908 ... just saying.

Edited by Hogosha

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296701556' post='2616881']
Sad to see but fully expected.
[/quote]
Exactly this.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296714188' post='2617344']
We aren't at war? And your diplomats have been talking to us...until your Minister ordered radio silence. :(

We haven't attacked you and we mean no ill will towards MHA in the cancellation. But we have a DMT with TFD, much like you had with Gre, and our treaty with them requires the cancel. This is our commitment to TFD, our Blood Brothers. There is nothing more sinister to this than that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296727835' post='2617582']
Our diplomats have been ordered to exercise caution and our current situation merits the use of radio silence with NATO due to their unique relationship with our current belligerents, TFD. [/quote]
Completely understandable. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296727835' post='2617582']
As the foreign affairs minister of MHA, I express my acute displeasure with NATO over the cancellation of this treaty and nonetheless wish them the best of luck.
[/quote]
I can understand sadness, but displeasure? MHA knew this would happen. I mean, its like kicking someones knee and then being "displeased" with them when their automatic reaction is to return the kick.

[quote name='King Tom' timestamp='1296734954' post='2617631']
A question for you.
When you still had a your joint membership treaty with GRE. What would you have done it one of your other treaty partners attack them.
[/quote]
A very fine question, with MHA's FAM so cleverly side-steps.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1296744844' post='2617752']
Your alliance was entirely responsible for creating this situation, NATO didn't turn on you at all. Your alliance turned on them by attacking a treaty partner that you knew NATO had a dual membership with.

The only reason we hit Sparta is Sparta hit NV, who we were treatied to. Sparta hit NV for no reason at all as NV didn't do anything to any of Sparta's allies.
[/quote]
I concur with DK.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1296756460' post='2617910']

[/quote]
And this man here as well.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296759800' post='2617958']
He's saying:

Sparta declared on NV.
NV are an ally of TFD.
TFD and co attacked Sparta.
MHA attack TFD and co.

Sparta = Aggressors.

He's not blaming anyone for this.

Unfortunate that MHA supported agressive action dispite treties.

I think I about summed it up into small, managable chunks.
[/quote]
:wub: you Little Rena

I [b]do[/b] think MHA knew we were treaty partners with TFD, I [b]do not[/b] think they knew it had the specific clause requiring cancellation if a treaty partner attacks TFD (and vice versa)

People complain and hassle MHA for not joining the war and people complain and hassle MHA for joining the war. they can't please everyone. In my opinion, they should have taken this opportunity to join the "other" side. Because, who knows, DôôMhouse may see them as a threat and attack them without warrant next time.

MHA are loaded with some good people, so tip o the hat to them...shame you attacked are brothers in TFD though.

We had good times...

o/ Denzin(rip), WCR, DocTaco, Scutter, Crush, Sham, IYIythy-poo, Blepo, and many others over the years.

See you around, and let's visit when this mess is all mopped up. You all will dig TFD.

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1296776988' post='2618354']
I [b]do[/b] think MHA knew we were treaty partners with TFD, I [b]do not[/b] think they knew it had the specific clause requiring cancellation if a treaty partner attacks TFD (and vice versa)

People complain and hassle MHA for not joining the war and people complain and hassle MHA for joining the war. they can't please everyone. In my opinion, they should have taken this opportunity to join the "other" side. Because, who knows, DôôMhouse may see them as a threat and attack them without warrant next time.

MHA are loaded with some good people, so tip o the hat to them...shame you attacked are brothers in TFD though.

We had good times...

o/ Denzin(rip), WCR, DocTaco, Scutter, Crush, Sham, IYIythy-poo, Blepo, and many others over the years.

See you around, and let's visit when this mess is all mopped up. You all will dig TFD.
[/quote]

ZOMG, i actually got a mention. :wub: Lenny, all the best on the other side!

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296761350' post='2617979']
[/quote]
Sure there would be. All it takes is being careful about who you sign treaties with and being cognizant of how your alliance's actions will affect your allies.