Notice of Treaty Cancellation

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1296713678' post='2617324']
Ummm... pretty sure TFD did try peace talks with Sparta before MHA entered (albeit through NV, who iirc was speaking for their entire front). Sparta rejected them for NV's "coalition" as a whole. Otherwise, good point. Although, not sure where you were going with that metaphor thingy at the end of your post. I don't get it... at all.
[/quote]

That meeting was rather interesting. Would do it again.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296714188' post='2617344']
We aren't at war? And your diplomats have been talking to us...until your Minister ordered radio silence. :(

We haven't attacked you and we mean no ill will towards MHA in the cancellation. But we have a DMT with TFD, much like you had with Gre, and our treaty with them requires the cancel. This is our commitment to TFD, our Blood Brothers. There is nothing more sinister to this than that.
[/quote]

Tbh, I don't know why we're silenced. I mean, you guys are a great group of guys but Crush wants myth and I to stop contact til end of war. So I guess after the war we'll resume chat =D otherwise, I can't do anything =/

For a second I thought you were canceling both the MHA and TFD treaties and was very confused. :wacko: Then I read it again and it made more sense; I don't even know why you kept the MHA treaty, it wasn't doing much for a while.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296717943' post='2617457']
For a second I thought you were canceling both the MHA and TFD treaties and was very confused. :wacko: Then I read it again and it made more sense; I don't even know why you kept the MHA treaty, it wasn't doing much for a while.
[/quote]

Yeah, it wasn't doing anything but the ToA was totally genuine. The reasons we signed it were explicitely outlined in the text of the treaty. We maintained an empty defense pact through Karma and Bipolar, it took us a very long time to cancel it. None of the two alliances wanted to forget how close we used to be, that we almost merged at some point and that we share a very rich common past. Call it nostalgia, but us old guys simply couldn't bring ourselves to the idea that we could be fighting each others. This must be difficult to understand for the Natoans and MHA members who weren't around in 2008, and of course I only expect those who are currently trying to impose a new world order to laugh at us. But even today I am sad to see this treaty canceled.

However there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. I totally disagree with MHA's actions, with their choice to support the side that uses aggression to impose their will, and above anything else, with their decision to attack TFD. This, we can simply not tolerate, hence the cancellation.

Edited by bedeur

This whole anouncement saddens me, you did what you had to do NATO. I can only respect that.

[quote name='King Tom' timestamp='1296712679' post='2617289']
That would have to be on your side than. Your ambassador told us today he was order not to talk to us any more. Nato is always ready to talk.
[/quote]

If that's the case i'll make my way over to NATO's forums right now :P, Glad to see you still around Tom.

Edited by Azrael Alexander

Our diplomats have been ordered to exercise caution and our current situation merits the use of radio silence with NATO due to their unique relationship with our current belligerents, TFD.

Of course, we at the MHA are always open to negotiation and communications over other channels.

As the foreign affairs minister of MHA, I express my acute displeasure with NATO over the cancellation of this treaty and nonetheless wish them the best of luck.

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1296723761' post='2617563']
Yeah, it wasn't doing anything but the ToA was totally genuine. The reasons we signed it were explicitely outlined in the text of the treaty. We maintained an empty defense pact through Karma and Bipolar, it took us a very long time to cancel it. None of the two alliances wanted to forget how close we used to be, that we almost merged at some point and that we share a very rich common past. Call it nostalgia, but us old guys simply couldn't bring ourselves to the idea that we could be fighting each others. This must be difficult to understand for the Natoans and MHA members who weren't around in 2008, and of course I only expect those who are currently trying to impose a new world order to laugh at us. But even today I am sad to see this treaty canceled.

However there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. I totally disagree with MHA's actions, with their choice to support the side that uses aggression to impose their will, and above anything else, with their decision to attack TFD. This, we can simply not tolerate, hence the cancellation.
[/quote]
Yeah, whatever level the relationship used to be at, at least this made it clear it wasn't there. I can think of a few treaties in the past that were downgraded instead of outright canceled, and all of them were eventually canceled and we'd probably have been better off sparing ourselves the trouble leading up to it; sometimes you just need to know when to call it quits, and I'm glad you can finally put the past relationship behind you and, if desired, perhaps forge a new relationship with them not based on past loves.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296717943' post='2617457']
I don't even know why you kept the MHA treaty, it wasn't doing much for a while.
[/quote]
History.

MHA and NATO were once extremely close allies; they were MADP partners in Trident with Fark. Admittedly that was when NATO had several MADP treaties, but this was actually one of the really close ones.

They started to part ways in the time between WotC and the Karma War, when MHA's government started turning over like the engine of a Corvette.

I find this a bit sad, but I'm glad to see NATO doing the right thing.

[quote name='Azrael Alexander' timestamp='1296724891' post='2617567']
This whole anouncement saddens me, you did what you had to do NATO. I can only respect that.

If that's the case i'll make my way over to NATO's forums right now :P, Glad to see you still around Tom.
[/quote]

Long time no see. How you doing.

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296727835' post='2617582']
Our diplomats have been ordered to exercise caution and our current situation merits the use of radio silence with NATO due to their unique relationship with our current belligerents, TFD.

Of course, we at the MHA are always open to negotiation and communications over other channels.

As the foreign affairs minister of MHA, I express my acute displeasure with NATO over the cancellation of this treaty and nonetheless wish them the best of luck.
[/quote]

A question for you.
When you still had a your joint membership treaty with GRE. What would you have done it one of your other treaty partners attack them.

Edited by King Tom

[quote name='King Tom' timestamp='1296734954' post='2617631']
A question for you.
When you still had a your joint membership treaty with GEM. What would you have done it one of your other treaty partners attack them.
[/quote]

I think you mean GRE. We can debate what we may have, may not have and proposed to have done a million different ways. The point of the matter is this ToA has been canceled, unilaterally by NATO. You have made a clear declaration to MHA where we stand in relation to you.

As a harbinger of peace, I cannot help but feel that I have failed in some way if a treaty is canceled, irrespective of the circumstances under which it occurred.

I will not indulge these "Yes but, what if" games. What is done is done. We will go about our business and I'm very confident NATO will continue about theirs.

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296735475' post='2617640']
As a harbinger of peace, I cannot help but feel that I have failed in some way if a treaty is canceled, irrespective of the circumstances under which it occurred.
[/quote]

Come on Crush, you didn't fail anything. It was just time and distance.

The cancellation wasn't unilateral, it's a bilateral treaty between NATO and TFD, activated by yourselves. As stated in your DoW, we should have expected the DoW pursuant to conflict with Sparta- You should have expected this for exactly the same reason.

Next I suppose we'll hear umbrella unilaterally cancelled the ToA :ph34r:

Edited by The Iggy

o/ NATO :wub:

As for MHA: Sucks that such a long line of formal relations had to be ended, I will recognize this part. [s]But I will also recognize that this should be no surprise to you, considering you should know all about commitment between two inseparable allies. Well, [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89993]maybe not[/url]. :P[/s] Best of luck to you in the future anyhow. :)

Edit: Crossed out part of it. I'm not here to take pot shots, and that could have been taken badly. :blush:

Edited by GearHead

o/ NATO

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296727835' post='2617582']
our current belligerents, TFD.
[/quote]
MHA belligered TFD, bud.

[quote name='Crushtania' timestamp='1296735475' post='2617640']
You have made a clear declaration to MHA where we stand in relation to you.

[/quote]
Yes, when your harbingers of war declared on TFD, you essentially declared on NATO, your treaty partners.

It's all good though. We're all havin' fun and not panicking :awesome:

[quote name='Firebolt' timestamp='1296740832' post='2617691']
o/ NATO

MHA belligered TFD, bud.

Yes, when your harbingers of war declared on TFD, you essentially declared on NATO, your treaty partners.

It's all good though. We're all havin' fun and not panicking :awesome:
[/quote]

I agree we beleaguered TFD after TFD beleaguered Sparta. Plenty of belligerence to go around. You are free to panic as much as it suits you. The Don't Panic motto is something we express to our members and our allies. Those across the fields of battle are free to panic as much as they can stand and we won't say a thing against it.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1296743968' post='2617733']
I agree we beleaguered TFD after TFD beleaguered Sparta. Plenty of belligerence to go around. You are free to panic as much as it suits you. The Don't Panic motto is something we express to our members and our allies. Those across the fields of battle are free to panic as much as they can stand and we won't say a thing against it.
[/quote]

People forget so quickly how Sparta beleaguered NV for no reason at all... :P

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1296744261' post='2617745']
People forget so quickly how Sparta beleaguered NV for no reason at all... :P
[/quote]

Thats been going around in alot of these wars. I feel like it has to do with the everything must die mentality.