PB non chaining myth.

Alterego

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1295527761' post='2586180'][ooc]its called playing the game[ooc][/quote]Playing it brilliantly: I can see that you've won many people over with this thread.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1295527761' post='2586180']Tears of boredom maybe[/quote]Well, I guess you're going to have to do something about it yourself at this rate.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1295522613' post='2586110']
Also the whole not chaining into PB is a REALLY stupid clause. It's one that will never work and will never actually be used. Whoever wrote it is a complete idiot/liar.
[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1295539939' post='2586467']
Nope.avi
If I had written the Animal House Accords it would have probably been 500 words longer.
[/quote]
I guess VE Chief Clowncil Impero as the author of that clause.

Edited by Schattenmann

If you really want to talk about treaties / charters being broken, you really ought to chat about UPN's DoW on iFOK, being that UPN's charter states they cannot attack purple alliances unless their security is at stake (and I don't see iFOK attacking them).

Also, fun fact: neither Sardonic nor Impero wrote the Animal House Accords!

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1295540128' post='2586473']
Playing it brilliantly: I can see that you've won many people over with this thread.
[/quote]
Damn, I guess I scratched this off my to do list too early

14. [s]Defeat Hegemony with a single post[/s]

[img]http://justinsomnia.org/images/mission-accomplished-banner.jpg[/img]

Now I know how he felt :rolleyes:

So people entered on an optional aggression or optional defense when it is chaining clause, whoop de doo!

Where was anyone claiming that defense was mandatory in this instance? This is a straw man argument, and a really, really terrible one at that.

You've outdone yourself, Alterego, and not in a good way.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1295543715' post='2586602']
Damn, I guess I scratched this off my to do list too early

14. [s]Defeat Hegemony with a single post[/s]

[img]http://justinsomnia.org/images/mission-accomplished-banner.jpg[/img]

Now I know how he felt :rolleyes:
[/quote]"Rome wasn't built in a day" is not sufficient to justify doing something objectively terrible. This post wasn't part of a slow progression towards the MK axis losing credibility, it was just another reminder that you are Wrong All The Time.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1295544185' post='2586626']
So people entered on an optional aggression or optional defense when it is chaining clause, whoop de doo!

Where was anyone claiming that defense was mandatory in this instance? This is a straw man argument, and a really, really terrible one at that.

You've outdone yourself, Alterego, and not in a good way.
[/quote]
Its a PB war PB is non chaining. Saying that GOD and R&R were in a desperate and frantic dash to get in on the potentially much larger side of the war ditching their bloc mate in the process. I can understand in the rush to save their infra and political position in Hegemony the might not have cared about what is written in treaties or charters. My bad :rolleyes:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1295544499' post='2586635']
Its a PB war PB is non chaining. Saying that GOD and R&R were in a desperate and frantic dash to get in on the potentially much larger side of the war ditching their bloc mate in the process. I can understand in the rush to save their infra and political position in Hegemony the might not have cared about what is written in treaties or charters. My bad :rolleyes:
[/quote]
When it comes down to it, if we have a treaty with them, chaining clause or not, we are going to honor it. We really don't give a !@#$ who [i]they[/i] are fighting for. [i]We[/i] fight for [i]them[/i]. If you don't like it...well...tough. I'm sorry we're not the side that likes to e-lawyer out of committing to itself every damn war.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1295543562' post='2586595']
If you really want to talk about treaties / charters being broken, you really ought to chat about UPN's DoW on iFOK, being that UPN's charter states they cannot attack purple alliances unless their security is at stake (and I don't see iFOK attacking them).

Also, fun fact: neither Sardonic nor Impero wrote the Animal House Accords!
[/quote]Yes, but usually we talk about charter breaking because respectable alliances are involved, and it's supposed to be shocking. With UPN, not so much.

[/quote]Let me reiterate: You are dumb.

Even I cannot disagree with the other posters in this thread, that non-signatories to the PB treaty are not bound by the PB treaty.

The issue of SF splitting in this war, is an issue entirely separate from the Animal House Accords.

Just to spell it out super clear: The clause you cite, that 'non-chaining' clause, causes PB to become an oDoAP in any conflict other than a direct attack on one of the signatories (that isn't a defensive action by that attacking alliance).

In fact, as it currently stands, GOONS and Umbrella are under no obligation to assist the other signatories in this war. It would be silly to assume they won't, but the obligation is not there.

[/quote]
Please show me where they said they were bound by treaty to enter. 80-90% of the time in a major war like this people enter in on optional aggression or defense when it's chaining clauses, in order to support the side that their friends are on.

You're making a big deal about nothing.