A joint announcement from FAR and UPN

Dexomega

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1295447834' post='2583838']
Congratulations on another effective first wave UPN. If only Athens could match your war prowess.
[/quote]

They said that after the 10.10.10 event too!!! Cannot remember what place athens took though... definitely not top 3.

Why cant people just calm down and watch... then we can all go back and review the moves made, and be judgmental.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1295445525' post='2583808']
That's tough to watch.

At this point I'd have thought your role as Speed Bump would have been fully recognized and you'd at least just turn your members loose on FOK or VE or something to throw a wrench in the machine. Instead, you do absolutely nothing and inflict zero damage in anticipation of a counter attack, allegedly as all part of your grand scheme.

That's how I like to fight wars. By letting the opponent make the first move, choosing the time and place of the battle and the matchups as well. Wind in your face, sun in your eyes, right where your allies don't need you.

It's early yet but I don't see this panning out well for UPN.
[/quote]

To be fair, this actually has some tactical reasoning behind it...

The whole "waiting for the counter" thing can work...if you are a strategic asset.

When you have to take that pass through the mountains where a fortress awaits you filled with fighting men and women who are armed to the teeth and not afraid to die, waiting for them to come to you is often the best plan.

UPN...you are a bunch of hippies in tents, asleep, with unsharpened sticks, sitting in the middle of a wide open plain. They'll just go around you and completely ignore you.

Accept it.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1295452175' post='2583914']
UPN...you are a bunch of hippies in tents, asleep, with unsharpened sticks, sitting in the middle of a wide open plain. They'll just go around you and completely ignore you.

Accept it.
[/quote]

Actually I think we'll slaughter them all.

Just for the hilarity of it.

But yeah, we'd honestly be more concerned if an active 7-man micro hit us than UPN. And I say that in all seriousness.

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295451700' post='2583909']
They said that after the 10.10.10 event too!!! Cannot remember what place athens took though... definitely not top 3.

Why cant people just calm down and watch... then we can all go back and review the moves made, and be judgmental.
[/quote]

I assume you are sitting in peace mode so you can be ready for the counterattack? Although I thought that was the job of the numerous UPN nations who haven't yet mustered the stones to fight.

I'm not sure how you can muster up any excuse for your alliance having 16 offensive wars. 175 nations and the best you can do is 16 offensive wars? iFok must be trembling in their boots. If only Athens would be so lucky to fight UPN.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1295452276' post='2583917']
Actually I think we'll slaughter them all.

Just for the hilarity of it.

But yeah, we'd honestly be more concerned if an active 7-man micro hit us than UPN. And I say that in all seriousness.
[/quote]

Grow 6k Ns and I can help show you how wrong you are.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1295454273' post='2583943']
if you're so keen to show VE how wrong they are, why didn't you declare on them, cupcake?
[/quote]

Oh I got my wonder list going... nice having someone in peace mode that can gather intel reports on low NS targets with nuclear capabilities without the threat of being harassed for the time being.

40 mill warchest is the best I have seen in the 18k NS range from iFOK... sure insulting the UPN is the correct course of action?

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295455086' post='2583957']
Oh I got my wonder list going... nice having someone in peace mode that can gather intel reports on low NS targets with nuclear capabilities without the threat of being harassed for the time being.

40 mill warchest is the best I have seen in the 18k NS range from iFOK... sure insulting the UPN is the correct course of action?
[/quote]

Insulting UPN has never steered me wrong in the past.

you missed my point. Why didn't your alliance declare on VE if you're so keen to puff up your little chest to someone from VE? I mean, you had every opportunity to declare on VE and chose not to.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1295455767' post='2583981']
Insulting UPN has never steered me wrong in the past.

you missed my point. Why didn't your alliance declare on VE if you're so keen to puff up your little chest to someone from VE? I mean, you had every opportunity to declare on VE and chose not to.
[/quote]

Insult me and my alliance, and what right do I not have to give someone permission to grow 6k ns and declare war on me?

Of course this is all ignoring the obvious, since we declared on a member of a bloc, what are the odds that is basically just like declaring on the whole bloc? Guess we'll see at update today huh? (oh god don't CB us for spying to get this info!!)

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295456585' post='2583996']
Insult me and my alliance, and what right do I not have to give someone permission to grow 6k ns and declare war on me?
[/quote]

post whatever you like, man, but when the person you're getting all Backseat Tough Guy on is a member of an alliance you guys decided not to war, it makes you look a little ridiculous.

You could be wading through rivers of green right now, rather than declaring 15 wars (oh, plus those two you declared on the wrong alliance, good job geniuses) and then sitting back thinking you were clever.

Of course this is all ignoring the obvious, since we declared on a member of a bloc, what are the odds that is basically just like declaring on the whole bloc? Guess we'll see at update today huh? (oh god don't CB us for spying to get this info!!)
[/quote]

I'm not sure PB stands to gain anything by attacking you, at this point.

When the war is wrapping up though, I bet there's time then.

[/quote]
It's hard to talk tough with any credibility when your alliance hasn't shown any sense of combat power. It's like a 4 year old threatening the Hulk.

We'll see how you do, and MAYBE you can redeem your reputation. But most of us aren't holding our breath.

[quote name='President Kuse' timestamp='1295461340' post='2584074']
So wait...UPN is in this fight? Where?
[/quote]

Look, we gotta at least give em credit for trying this time...

[img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7818/macslap.gif[/img]

[quote name='Desperado' timestamp='1295462604' post='2584089']
Look, we gotta at least give em credit for trying this time...

[img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7818/macslap.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I think its mostly to avoid getting their entire image utterly smashed for not having a backbone in the last war. Everyone lost respect for them then, they are attempting to start working on an image change, which is pretty much failing because of their lack of help despite declaring thus far.

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1295451700' post='2583909']

[/quote]
Well, as someone who fought UPN in 10.10.10 ill give you a guess how many ground attacks Altheus won against myself and Londo.

hint: 0

Really, UPN, you scare noone. just go away

p.s. While you are not at war with Athens, we would gladly accept all the free tech you would offload on us should you want some more fun :D

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295416666' post='2583200']
Cry about a bunch of alliances ganging up on Polar.

Assign a bunch of alliances to iFOK.

What a strategy.
[/quote]

Serieously, did you expect anything different coming out of the UPN strategy room?

For shame...

@UPN- LOLOLOLOL.....that is all.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1295426393' post='2583549']
I like this announcement.

I like to see how all the ones who started a prefabricated war by sending screenshots to Polaris and then couldn't even manage to fake a feeling of surprise when Polaris informed them about the screenshots they have just sent are now trying to mock a group of Alliances that, unlike them, are doing it right.
[/quote]

Because UPN breaking their constitution by declaring on their own sphere is [i]doin it right[/i].... :wacko: