A joint announcement from FAR and UPN

Dexomega

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295426476' post='2583551']
I suggested we also hit iFOK in our private channel. There was a lot of serious agreement on it. No promises, but it's not off the table.
[/quote]

Good on you guys! I'll wait and see then :)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='FrozenBoy' timestamp='1295417669' post='2583299']
UPN still has that swagger. 4 declarations and 2 nations, epic.
[/quote]
2 nations.

[b]Two[/b] nations.

What happens if you get scared half to death [b]twice[/b]?

You're dead then, that's what. UPN's brilliant strategy has already succeeded.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1295426393' post='2583549']
I like this announcement.

I like to see how all the ones who started a prefabricated war by sending screenshots to Polaris and then couldn't even manage to fake a feeling of surprise when Polaris informed them about the screenshots they have just sent are now trying to mock a group of Alliances that, unlike them, are doing it right.
[/quote]

...and welcome back to "Revisionist history" with your host Zoskia.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1295426181' post='2583548']
Reminder that as of update +2.5, UPN has declared 10 wars, two of them on the wrong alliance:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?Page=1&searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=United%20Purple%20Nations
[/quote]

Hey look, UPN finally came up with that CB they were looking for: "FOK kinda looks like iFOK" is probably as good as they were ever gonna get.

In nuclear war spreading out to much and trying to fill each iFOK members slots would mostly work against them. Each iFOK member will be able to nuke each person at war with them, so having a lot of overlapping wars would cause them extra damage. I doubt they even tried doing a blitz and are just having people declare when they receive their orders, as I'm sure they expect to be countered heavily.

I think its good to see UPN risking their nations to help an ally here, in what many expected to be curb stomp. That they didn't bother blitzing doesn't matter.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295426476' post='2583551']
I suggested we also hit iFOK in our private channel. There was a lot of serious agreement on it. No promises, but it's not off the table.
[/quote]
There’s only two men I trust. One of ‘em’s me, the other one’s not you.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295426489' post='2583552']
You call 4 wars before update, and 2 wars on the wrong alliance, "doing it right?"
[/quote]

A war doesn't last for one night, so yeah.... I call it "doing it right".

Some Alliances think that Planet Bob is a place where you "win" by sending a spy to Polaris and then pretending to be angry about the spy they have just sent...
That's "doing it wrong"... cool thing is, Planet Bob always manages to bury those who do it wrong and act like maniac dictators drunk in a false feeling of unlimited power.

All I can say to those who have no dignity, to the superiority complex clowns who think they have the right to mock anyone: laugh hard whilst you can, 'cause the world will laugh harder at you later. Right now you think it won't, that you are indestructible and untouchable, but your titanic will hit a huge iceberg whilst you are celebrating your own drunkness of power. :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

o/ FAR
o/ UPN

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1295419911' post='2583383']
[img]http://www.rnr-alliance.com/kctoker/propaganda/swift.png[/img]

[i]Operation Swift Move[/i] indeed.
[/quote]

Hey, if you could get an attack in between the time the DoW is posted and the update, you're swift indeed.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295422524' post='2583476']
To those complaining of lack of wars, I realize this is UPN we're talking about, but if you expect to be countered heavily, which is sounder military strategy: use the full of your force and overextend yourself, or wait for attacks, preserve a portion of NS in peace mode, and let the enemy come to you? When you expect to enter a losing battle, making a perfect update blitz is the worst thing you can do.
[/quote]
There's a difference between "not overextending yourself and letting them come to you" and "sending 2 nations to war".

One is a sound military strategy, the other is just a sign that even without Peggy, UPN is still a prime candidate for WAE.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1295427465' post='2583570']
That's "doing it wrong"... cool thing is, Planet Bob always manages to bury those who do it wrong and act like maniac dictators drunk in a false feeling of unlimited power.
[/quote]
Funny, those who fought first with, then against Polar in the last war would say that is exactly what has brought Polar here now.

the "history will prove us right" argument is always popular among people who aren't doing well. It's a nice one because it can never really be proven wrong. I mean, for all we know, the game will eventually be dominated by the Flying Tigers.

Edited by Lamuella

I'm gonna say props to FAR, looking at the current declarations of recent entrants:

[quote]IAA - 73 total nations /23 declarations

TIO - 62/11

tLW - 37/14

FAR - 21/10

UPN - 176/10 (8 iFOK, 2 FOK)

USN - 87/3[/quote]

Despite the obvious stumbling block of each nation being able to declare war three times they managed to nearly reach a 50% mark of declarations compared to members.

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1295427590' post='2583573']
There's a difference between "not overextending yourself and letting them come to you" and "sending 2 nations to war".

One is a sound military strategy, the other is just a sign that even without Peggy, UPN is still a prime candidate for WAE.
[/quote]
Considering they are responding to an unexpected attack on an ally, they might not of known who they were hitting or if they were striking tonight until shortly before update. Its not uncommon for coalitions to switch up targets and strategies last minute, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't have enough time to work out targets lists to get to their members before update, but wanted to make sure to get the DoW in tonight, as that's really what matters, FOK sent 0 nations at update since they know that. Considering 7 alliances were declaring, less than 24 hours to decide who is countering what alliance, formulate a plan and coordinate target lists between those alliances isn't realistic unless they had more time, so why bother? If UPN didn't attack they would be more of a candidate for WAE, which sounds more like RoK if the rumors are true they are ignoring their MDoAP with NpO because it was VE+Friends who attacked.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1295426181' post='2583548']
Reminder that as of update +2.5, UPN has declared 10 wars, two of them on the wrong alliance:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?Page=1&searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=United%20Purple%20Nations
[/quote]

Oh sorry "old target list" :awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295428739' post='2583592']
Considering they are responding to an unexpected attack on an ally, they might not of known who they were hitting or if they were striking tonight until shortly before update. Its not uncommon for coalitions to switch up targets and strategies last minute, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't have enough time to work out targets lists to get to their members before update, but wanted to make sure to get the DoW in tonight, as that's really what matters, FOK sent 0 nations at update since they know that. Considering 7 alliances were declaring, less than 24 hours to decide who is countering what alliance, formulate a plan and coordinate target lists between those alliances isn't realistic unless they had more time, so why bother? If UPN didn't attack they would be more of a candidate for WAE, which sounds more like RoK if the rumors are true they are ignoring their MDoAP with NpO because it was VE+Friends who attacked.
[/quote]
By Polar's own admission, they knew about this [i]at least[/i] a day before it started, assuming Polar informed their allies of the situation, that's a day to do general prep before the first DoW's go up on Polar, plus another day to do both general prep and get target lists/coordinate attack, etc. For any decent alliance, that's plenty of time.

And actually, last minute target switches are only common in a rapidly changing situation (IE, if more alliances had DoW'ed Polar tonight). The situation had been unchanged for ~12 hours when these alliances DoW'ed. It takes far less than 12 hours to draw up target lists.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295428739' post='2583592']
[/quote]FOK have done a number of successful ~noon blitzes~ in the past. I consider that a valid strategy, because people expect update attacks: it reduces the chance opponents will be on, it's perfect for an alliance with FOK's special membership makeup and there's less chance of messing up staggers. UPN got to pick their time, and they declared at update-0.06.

They called their attack plan Operation Swift Move, which to me suggests a statement of intent. Pretending their awful blitz was anything but incompetence is ridiculous.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1295429479' post='2583596']
Oh sorry "old target list" :awesome:
[/quote]Aggressive action against CnG ally noted.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1295427465' post='2583570']
A war doesn't last for one night, so yeah.... I call it "doing it right".

Some Alliances think that Planet Bob is a place where you "win" by sending a spy to Polaris and then pretending to be angry about the spy they have just sent...

All I can say to those who have no dignity, to the superiority complex clowns who think they have the right to mock anyone: laugh hard whilst you can, 'cause the world will laugh harder at you later. Right now you think it won't, that you are indestructible and untouchable, but your titanic will hit a huge iceberg whilst you are celebrating your own drunkness of power. :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

o/ FAR
o/ UPN
[/quote]
Okay.

Good job attacking the wrong alliance, UPN! Keep on doing it right! We're in this for the long haul -- see if we can get a total of 20 wars by the weekend!

FAR: I love you guys to death and I wish you all the best. <3 We're in there with you!

UPN: ..I don't like you and I never have. Somehow we managed to get on the same side of the war attacking the same alliance. The horrible irony of it all is almost painful. But at least do some damage out there. That's all I ask..

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295422524' post='2583476']
To those complaining of lack of wars, I realize this is UPN we're talking about, but if you expect to be countered heavily, which is sounder military strategy: use the full of your force and overextend yourself, or wait for attacks, preserve a portion of NS in peace mode, and let the enemy come to you? When you expect to enter a losing battle, making a perfect update blitz is the worst thing you can do.
[/quote]

No point trying to justify our lack of initial attacks, this is simply what happens with the "mob". There gunna find something to hate on, and anything we've done that in the proper light can be construed as wrong is a viable argument they will latch on to for several posts.

I'd just say lets hang out and see how things go... wonder who will be the first to counter declare :)