Declaration of War

Tulak Hord

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293184497' post='2552559']
Also, Sparta's economy is stable enough that reps do nothing but slow down our rebuilding. [b]I have no reason to ask for reps from any alliance who came in on a treaty.[/b] I'd support reps from NEW, but we wouldn't take a penny of it.
[/quote]
This would be an official shift in Sparta policy? Cause it certainly never stopped you fellas before. You've taken reps and demanded reps both in similar situations.

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1293246232' post='2553235']
You must be old, very old.. [b]Sparta waved reps last war[/b] and we allready said we won't demand any this war.
[/quote]
All or some reps there, buddy? Cause TOOL certainly remembers reps and IRON certainly remembers taking some of the reps demanded of TOOL initially. But please do continue to play the kind and warm hearted soul.

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1293270892' post='2553506']
This would be an official shift in Sparta policy? Cause it certainly never stopped you fellas before. You've taken reps and demanded reps both in similar situations.

All or some reps there, buddy? Cause TOOL certainly remembers reps and IRON certainly remembers taking some of the reps demanded of TOOL initially. But please do continue to play the kind and warm hearted soul.
[/quote]
He was talking about karma. And the answer is all.

In cluster$%&@, Legion and TOOL both had chances at white peace. They choose not to take them. TOOL deserved a reminder of who won after they scorned our generousity in Karma, and Legion were complete !@#$%s in negotiations. Reps can come from many places, but in general, Luka is right.

Edited by Trinite

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1293270892' post='2553506']
[/quote]
IRON got their reps waived in TOP/CnG, buddy. I don't remember if we waived others.

And what trinite said.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1293284958' post='2553563']
He was talking about karma. And the answer is all.

In cluster$%&@, Legion and TOOL both had chances at white peace. They choose not to take them. TOOL deserved a reminder of who won after they scorned our generousity in Karma, and Legion were complete !@#$%s in negotiations. Reps can come from many places, but in general, Luka is right.
[/quote]
Well I must be old but Karma wasn't the last war. Shame on me.

Fair enough that they scorned your "generosity". What happens when WFF decides to scorn you? Will reps then be considered valid after all?

P.S. Long time Trinite. :awesome:

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1293292708' post='2553602']
Well I must be old but Karma wasn't the last war. Shame on me.

Fair enough that they scorned your "generosity". What happens when WFF decides to scorn you? Will reps then be considered valid after all?

P.S. Long time Trinite. :awesome:
[/quote]
Well, we don't like to assume that any particular alliance is going to scorn us. WFF has been cool so far, I don't expect anything less whenever we happen to cross paths in the future.

I don't see why some of you are complaining. Is it overkill? Possibly. Is it a political play to avoid backfire? Well, since most of you are "oh so in the know", I'll you be the judge of that. But no one owes it to you to make a war fair. Would it be more interesting for the by-standers? Yes. But you fight in a war to win it, not to make it entertaining for the popcorn eaters.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1293179730' post='2552540']
Sparta, was it necessary to join an already massive curbstomp?
[/quote]

It's not nessessary to do a lot of things. For example, it wasn't nessessary to post. It wasn't nessessary for you to even read this threat. It wasn't nessessary for us to read your comment in it, but yet we've all done it. Very few things are nessessary, even following one's treaties are not nessessary.

Is Sparta helping out an allie, no matter how minor it is? I would hazard a guess and say yes, as eating just 1 nuke is helpful. So even if it is to minimize some damage to ODN, this action ranks acceptable in my book, and I would be grateful if they did it for me. So was it nessessary? No. Was a dareing move by them? No, but they never claimed it to be. Is ODN appriciative? Probably (I haven't read this thread completely).

And I came in here to simply say enjoy the war guys, on both sides.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293308012' post='2553726']
[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Space_cuba/Untitle2d.png[/img]

You so hard. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]
[/quote]

German Province is in no way affiliated with Sparta.

[quote name='Destroyer58' timestamp='1293309526' post='2553744']
German Province was NOT a member of Sparta and was ghosting Sparta's AA. So I will say again, German Province has no Affiliation with Sparta. The only thing you have done is helped Sparta get rid of a ghost.
[/quote]

If only all ghosts were willing to go to war, eh?

If it's true that he was ghosting the AA, then you're welcome, consider it a gift of friendship. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293309336' post='2553742']
Sparta Applicant isn't affiliated with Sparta?

Strange.

[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Space_cuba/Lolshot.png[/img]
[/quote]
No, an applicant is not a Spartan. They are simply applying to enter the AA.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293308012' post='2553726']
[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/Space_cuba/Untitle2d.png[/img]

You so hard. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Source: http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9523

The ruler of this nation applied to Sparta on December 22. In less than one hour, he was informed by Academy officials that his application was on hold until the end of hostilities. His response was that he had taken the liberty of joining Sparta anyway and had fully joined the war. He was welcomed to do as he pleased as far as the war was concerned, but to please remove Sparta from his AA as he was not an official member of Sparta.

The link above is in our public section in the applications forum. Those who are truly interested in the facts of the matter can find them there.

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1293322951' post='2553824']
I disagree with that statement. If you are going to war for an AA you are considered to be apart of that AA. Ghost/Applicant ECT...
[/quote]
Then your saying if a ghost goes on a AA and declares war on another Alliance, then the whole AA is responsible and should pay reps.

[quote name='Destroyer58' timestamp='1293306170' post='2553711']
Okay simple. We're sparta. If it's over kill, we don't care, we're sparta. We love war! And we love protecting our friends. Your whining and complaining about our actions are not going to solve anything, if you want to show your opinon, show it on the battle field.
[/quote]

You know Sparta has a terrible reputation on Planet Bob for both its military skills and its lack of loyalty to allies. Drifting into already won wars and demanding reps damaged that Sparta's reputation even more. Jumping into this already won war and the acting all mighty just adds to that terrible reputation. So long as Sparta continues to switch to whatever side its thinks is going be in power your lack of military and diplomatic abilities do not matter as much. But, if you ever miss your chance at changing sides, then Admin help you if you are ever in anything close to a fair fight. And with your history of rep demands for doing nothing, you had better hope you keep on choosing the right side. You should not be bragging you should be embarrased. And Sparta you really should take a hint from ODN about reparing your reputation.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1293325213' post='2553843']
You know Sparta has a terrible reputation on Planet Bob for both its military skills and its lack of loyalty to allies. Drifting into already won wars and demanding reps damaged that Sparta's reputation even more. Jumping into this already won war and the acting all mighty just adds to that terrible reputation. So long as Sparta continues to switch to whatever side its thinks is going be in power your lack of military and diplomatic abilities do not matter as much. But, if you ever miss your chance at changing sides, then Admin help you if you are ever in anything close to a fair fight. And with your history of rep demands for doing nothing, you had better hope you keep on choosing the right side. You should not be bragging you should be embarrased. And Sparta you really should take a hint from ODN about reparing your reputation.
[/quote]

:P look there's another one that won't do anything.

[quote name='Destroyer58' timestamp='1293325385' post='2553848']
[/quote]

I hate the big bad. I loathe him, I think he's beyond.. well, let's just say that I'll never in a million years think highly of him, but you know what? He's !@#$@#$ right about what he said. Everything he said that you quoted, was spot on.

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1293322951' post='2553824']
I disagree with that statement. If you are going to war for an AA you are considered to be apart of that AA. Ghost/Applicant ECT...
[/quote]
Hardly, I can go to war for Europa right now, but it doesn't mean i'm a member.

[quote name='Destroyer58' timestamp='1293325385' post='2553848']
[/quote]

Sometimes the most honesty you'll get comes from some one who isn't your friend.

It's only natural that you'll continue chest-thumping in light of disparaging remarks made about your alliance. I mean, you have your face-saving to consider and all. So continue on, by all means, and shoot the messenger, but on the inside, you might want to listen to the last lines of TBB's post with care and heed its counsel.