Declaration of War

Tulak Hord

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293098747' post='2551446']
If you're scared of us, that's your problem. You hit our treaty partner and I'm watching my allies' backs as they make you pay for it. Good day?
[/quote]

They hit your treaty partner? You must be talking about NOIR, you mean former treaty partner right? Sparta made no statement that they'd be assisting in defending DF, so from a technical aspect, once they disbanded your relationship with them technically ended.

Considering the fact that with your 15 or so individual treaties and NOIR, your treatied to around 40 alliances as it is, so I guess this is a situation your in frequently. I'd say that your allies don't always need to be on the top of a curbstomp to look good, but then I realized that you entered to help ODN.

And as for the rest of your comments, I for one must say that I am pleased that they found a suitable replacement for lolaf as [s]King of Sparta[/s] laughingstock of CN.

Edited by memoryproblems

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1293103197' post='2551486']
Don't talk !@#$, from the moment PC & iFOK opted out, this was never going to be a fair fight. No matter how many alliances from their side of the treaty web join in, there are bigger and better connected alliances waiting to jump on them from your side.[/quote]
I bet NEW could have determined this before they decided to refuse the simple task of admitting they were in the wrong to attack DF. When you're outnumbered and obviously wrong, take the easy way out or else you and your allies will suffer. I didn't know the side defending a wronged alliance is supposed to make it 'even' for their opponents. On the contrary coordinating a number of friends to take on any and all potential opposition seems like a damn good idea.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1293103197' post='2551486']
You're real hero's Sparta. :rolleyes:[/quote]
No, a hero would be an alliance backing up an ally even when they asked you not to. It's like taking a bullet for a loved one. In this instance, Sparta is simply being a good ally backing up their friends in a war they didn't want.

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2]You can still attack NEW and prove him wrong.[/size][/color][/quote]
To what end? So the baw-brigade will come marching in to piss and moan about uneven sides? I don't get you guys xD

To what end? Hitting NEW is the only way you can get the due justice for Dark Fist that you claimed to want. How is hitting two micro alliances that did nothing wrong going to make any of the ex-Dark Fist members feel any better? How is it providing them with any sort of belief that justice has been done? It's !@#$%^&*, you wanted an easy war and so you took the easy option. I guess if you fought people who could actually do some damage you might end up with legions of members refusing to take part again, don't want that hit to your reputation as such a big, strong alliance ^_^

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1293106690' post='2551523']
They hit your treaty partner? You must be talking about NOIR, you mean former treaty partner right? Sparta made no statement that they'd be assisting in defending DF, so from a technical aspect, once they disbanded your relationship with them technically ended.
[/quote]

Your girlfriend changed her status to single, so technically your relationship with her is over. xD They were a black team alliance, they were our buddies in NOIR, and it was a disgraceful way for an alliance to live out its final days. I don't give a damn about the technicalities [i]you [/i]think make up a relationship with an alliance, but I was willing to back up Dark Fist's (disband) alliance with my men and women's infrastructure. It was impossible to predict what alliances would come in, and we worked to prepare for the worst. I'd say we're doing a bang up job.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293107126' post='2551528']
I bet NEW could have determined this before they decided to refuse the simple task of admitting they were in the wrong to attack DF. When you're outnumbered and obviously wrong, take the easy way out or else you and your allies will suffer. I didn't know the side defending a wronged alliance is supposed to make it 'even' for their opponents. On the contrary coordinating a number of friends to take on any and all potential opposition seems like a damn good idea.

No, a hero would be an alliance backing up an ally even when they asked you not to. It's like taking a bullet for a loved one. In this instance, Sparta is simply being a good ally backing up their friends in a war they didn't want.

To what end? So the baw-brigade will come marching in to piss and moan about uneven sides? I don't get you guys xD
[/quote]

The thing about NEW is they like to fight against insurmountable odds and wouldn't have it any other way, it's an unfortunate circumstance for their allies unless they too like that sort of thing. I'm not disputing the fact NEW were wrong, just questioning the necessity of Sparta's entrance into this already one-sided war.

Sure you can go on in here about how you're just helping allies but it comes down to nothing but boredom and the fact that there will be quite literally no repercussions.

You know what would happen if you hit them, don't even try to pretend otherwise.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293107126' post='2551528']
[/quote]
As far as the first part goes, Poyple said it perfectly.
What uneven sides? You hit NEW, and iFOK and PC will hit you. Seems pretty even to me. You guys seem to be the ones chickening out in this deal.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1293108419' post='2551542']
Sure you can go on in here about how you're just helping allies but it comes down to nothing but boredom and the fact that there will be quite literally no repercussions.

You know what would happen if you hit them, don't even try to pretend otherwise.
[/quote]

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1293108461' post='2551543']
As far as the first part goes, Poyple said it perfectly.
What uneven sides? You hit NEW, and iFOK and PC will hit you. Seems pretty even to me. You guys seem to be the ones chickening out in this deal.
[/quote]

It looks to me as if you're the ones that want this war to expand. I bet if we did that this war would last a lot longer than necessary.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293109616' post='2551556']
You've said that before during wars, and still demanded reps at the end of the war anyway.
[/quote]
You're right. No promises.

[i] We'll just wait and see[/i] xD

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293109060' post='2551548']
It looks to me as if you're the ones that want this war to expand. I bet if we did that this war would last a lot longer than necessary.
[/quote]
Just telling you to stick to your convictions. You said that you wanted justice for DF, what better way to achieve it than attack the perpetrators yourself?

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1293110249' post='2551558']
While this does seem like bandwaggoning, If Europa's allies manned up and actually came into defend em ( even though they asked em to stay out like how NEW told iFOK/PC ) this could get interesting. Guess it's simpler to just scream at one side :v:
[/quote]

And don't forget FEAR's allies. People talk as if we joined because there's a snowballs chance in hell we'd get hit. On the contrary, I've been pleasantly surprised to see a lot of our opponents allies sit this one out. Naturally, this isn't something I have control over.

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote name='abdur' timestamp='1293110430' post='2551561']
Just telling you to stick to your convictions. You said that you wanted justice for DF, what better way to achieve it than attack the perpetrators yourself?
[/quote]

[/size][/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]You know, we considered it, but in the end us and our allies decided we were better suited as a counter and protector. Fark/Int/TPE first, ODN second, Sparta third. To argue our effectiveness is absurd, considering this line-up has so far kept iFok, PC, TLK, TUBD, Regnum Invictorum and Wolfpack out of the war. The less of a cluterbuck, the quicker DF gets its peace.[/size][/font]

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293110804' post='2551564']
And don't forget FEAR's allies. People talk as if we joined because there's a snowballs chance in hell we'd get hit. On the contrary, I've been pleasantly surprised to see a lot of our opponents allies sit this one out. Naturally, this isn't something I have control over.
[/quote]

But it's unjust and evil! OH wait it's the major OWF whiners who are also running away but well they are the loudest here so can't help it eh? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

Have fun, I hope that maybe some of their allies would man up and live to what they preach or stfu with their PC/iFOK ran away from war line.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1293111112' post='2551566']Have fun, I hope that maybe some of their allies would man up and live to what they preach or stfu with their PC/iFOK ran away from war line.[/quote]
You fail to understand the difference between PC/iFOK [i]claiming[/i] that NEW told them to stay out and Europa [b]outright ordering[/b] their allies to stay out, despite those allies' wishes to jump into the fray very quickly. I guess expecting the peanut gallery to read is too much. <_<

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293111406' post='2551569']
You fail to understand the difference between PC/iFOK [i]claiming[/i] that NEW told them to stay out and Europa [b]outright ordering[/b] their allies to stay out, despite those allies' wishes to jump into the fray very quickly. I guess expecting the peanut gallery to read is too much. <_<
[/quote]

I guess being asked to stay out are two different things then ? iFOK/PC were asked to stay out ( until the claims they were lying are proven ) likewise Europa asked their allies to stay out of the war. Yet PC/iFOK attract all the whiners calling them cowards etc, but when you weigh what has been said, it's the same thing in both cases.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1293111628' post='2551571']I guess being asked to stay out are two different things then ? iFOK/PC were asked to stay out ( until the claims they were lying are proven ) likewise Europa asked their allies to stay out of the war. Yet PC/iFOK attract all the whiners calling them cowards etc, but when you weigh what has been said, it's the same thing in both cases.[/quote]
Except I haven't seen a public declaration from NEW that they asked their allies to stay out (not to mention the fact that WFF's entry into the war would seem to indicate the possibility that they didn't issue this request at all). On the other hand, Europa made it very publically clear that they did so.
The problem would be solved of course, if NEW made a statement confirming that they requested this, at which point I would stand corrected.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293111748' post='2551572']
Except I haven't seen a public declaration from NEW that they asked their allies to stay out (not to mention the fact that WFF's entry into the war would seem to indicate the possibility that they didn't issue this request at all). On the other hand, Europa made it very publically clear that they did so.
The problem would be solved of course, if NEW made a statement saying this, at which point I would stand corrected.
[/quote]

I would disagree because whether private or public they were asked to stay out. I could care less if they asked em publicly or not but at the end of the day the request is the same, stay out of the war.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1293111908' post='2551574']I would disagree because whether private or public they were asked to stay out. I could care less if they asked em publicly or not but at the end of the day the request is the same, stay out of the war.[/quote]
I have just been informed by a source I trust that NEW did indeed request that iFOK and PC stay out, thus I stand corrected.
My apologies to iFOK and Poison Clan. :blush:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293112144' post='2551577']
I have just been informed by a source I trust that NEW did indeed request that iFOK and PC stay out, thus I stand corrected.
[/quote]

lol.

On topic though, To whiners about Sparta bandwagoning, do something about it instead of whining so much.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1293109060' post='2551548']
[/quote]

So please tell me why you're defending Dark Fist's honour and bringing them justice by declaring war on 2 micro alliances who have done nothing wrong? I know I wouldn't be gleaning much satisfaction from seeing WFF and Europa burn while you leave NEW well alone. After all, it's justice for Dark Fist you want right?

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293112144' post='2551577']
[/quote]

Not just iFOK and PC Arrnea. They requested [b]all[/b] their allies to sit out.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1293112474' post='2551581']Not just iFOK and PC Arrnea. They requested [b]all[/b] their allies to sit out.[/quote]
So WFF and FEAR just ignored them? Good to know.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293112760' post='2551585']
Now this claim is clearly not true.
[/quote]

Well until this can be proved then it is a true claim. No FEAR/WFF DoW'ing could just be them not listening to NEW or NEW lied to iFOK/PC, take your pick.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV