CN Alternate History

Ryan Greenberg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1292285134' post='2538898']
I don't want to change the history, I want to see change in the future, something no one has the desire to do any longer.
[/quote]

Well, if being in a run of the mill alliance while complaining is your idea of changing the future then I'd say you're doing a pretty good job of that.

Anyways, how about the NpO didn't switch sides halfway through a war allowing its allies to burn and aiding the very same people who's victory they secured, and are now opposing?

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292285481' post='2538903']
Well, if being in a run of the mill alliance while complaining is your idea of changing the future then I'd say you're doing a pretty good job of that.
[/quote]

Coming from someone of your esteemed caliber who constantly blabbers by creating useless topics about how we need war or change and then doing nothing about it?

Maybe if you stopped posting pointless stuff and helped bring about a new generation of players instead of scaring them all off you could be of more use. Because that's where the problem lies, government members like myself who have been around for three freaking years that are burnt out and tired of the same crap from players like you can't step away to a new generation of leaders, they simply aren't there.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1292285800' post='2538914']
Coming from someone of your esteemed caliber who constantly blabbers by creating useless topics about how we need war or change and then doing nothing about it?

Maybe if you stopped posting pointless stuff and helped bring about a new generation of players instead of scaring them all off you could be of more use. Because that's where the problem lies, government members like myself who have been around for three freaking years that are burnt out and tired of the same crap from players like you can't step away to a new generation of leaders, they simply aren't there.
[/quote]

I'm scaring new members away, you got me.

Also I don't understand your argument. You hold me in low esteem yet believe I can change the future? You know what can change the future? How about if you just update blitzed the GPA tonight, that'll change the future overnight. Instead of asking others to do it why not take things into your own hands? Will you go far, no, but at least you'll have done something interesting for once.

Btw, glad to know I'm keeping you in government rather than a new generation of players, I hold more relevance than I initially thought.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292285481' post='2538903']
Anyways, how about the NpO didn't switch sides halfway through a war allowing its allies to burn and aiding the very same people who's victory they secured, and are now opposing?
[/quote]

Your tiny hardon for NpO is showing.

Edited by TheyCallMeJeezy

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292286120' post='2538916']
I'm scaring new members away, you got me.

Also I don't understand your argument. You hold me in low esteem yet believe I can change the future? You know what can change the future? How about if you just update blitzed the GPA tonight, that'll change the future overnight. Instead of asking others to do it why not take things into your own hands? Will you go far, no, but at least you'll have done something interesting for once.

Btw, glad to know I'm keeping you in government rather than a new generation of players, I hold more relevance than I initially thought.
[/quote]

You flatter yourself too much, sarcasm or not.

Frankly, i would like to see what would have happened if the UjP won against ~. That would be the largest change i could think of that would affect the game and still have people be interested without having NPO be the center of the universe. my prediction would be a UjW 2.0 a year or so later and a much different future from now. possibly no Umbrella or remake of GOONS or \m/.

The "NPO wins Karma" scenario would vary a lot depending on which alliances were on NPO's side instead of Karma to tip the balance. If I remember correctly Karma had about a 2-1 advantage, at least a 3rd of Karma would have had to stay on NPO's side.

NPO winning Karma isn't a good example, because they simply couldn't have with the numbers.

Something like Legion/ODN joining GW2 is a more fair example (and rather tired too). Maybe nothing would have happened, but it could have altered the war.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292287963' post='2538944']
NPO winning Karma isn't a good example, because they simply couldn't have with the numbers.

Something like Legion/ODN joining GW2 is a more fair example (and rather tired too). Maybe nothing would have happened, but it could have altered the war.
[/quote]

unlikely. The Intiative would've recovered a great deal faster than the League, and then put the lot of them down.

LiquidMercury not ordering a hold in the Almost War (Athens v. TPF). TPF's allies go in and bring their allies with them. The sides as lined up were pretty even (and possibly stacked against SuperComplaints) so it could have been a fun war. It would probably have also prevented or severely delayed TOP/CNG.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1292288383' post='2538947']
Unjust Path winning the Unjust war would have changed the game a lot, especially if NPO remained neutral and became rivals with the UJP.
[/quote]
Eh, same problem with us winning Karma applies to this, especially if we are neutral. From what I remember you would have needed us to balance the sides.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1292284622' post='2538889']
The game, or whatever you want to call it, is simple. All you need to do is change one thing in CN history and predict what the ramifications would be, and where we would be in the present day.
[/quote]

Here is my one thing - NPO never existed. I can't predict the ramifications specifically. However, the entire culture would be different.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292287963' post='2538944']

[/quote]

NPO winning Karma is an easy example to predict. It would be exactly like it was prior to the Karma war. Maybe NPO would be :smug: about it for a long time after. Because of the fact that it's easy to predict - it isn't a good example.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1292287471' post='2538940']
Frankly, i would like to see what would have happened if the UjP won against ~. That would be the largest change i could think of that would affect the game and still have people be interested without having NPO be the center of the universe. my prediction would be a UjW 2.0 a year or so later and a much different future from now. possibly no Umbrella or remake of GOONS or \m/.
[/quote]
That would have been interesting as well.

GOONS, Gen[m]ay, and \m/ wouldn't have had to disband as a result of the UjW then if they had won, so of course there would be no need to remake them.

If the Unjust Path had won, I imagine it would be similar to what it is now, except that the Unjust Path bloc would still be around, with the original Unjust Path alliances in their prominent positions of power, potentially GOONS as #1, or definately in the top 3. \m/ would have been sanctioned, they were #5 or so, directly above NpO when the Unjust War broke out, and if they had won that war I would think they would not have dropped in ranking, perhaps gained it instead. Genmay would have eventually become sanctioned.

A few things to note, Genmay and Mushroom Kingdom may not have had the wakeup call needed to transform them into the hugely successful alliances now. Without the threat of NPO rolling them, MK may not have decided to become an elitist alliance.

If the Unjust had won that war, another war was likely, and would have happened, perhaps in a year or or, this time with NPO spearheading it. The outcome of that war may have been different, perhaps would have seen the Unjust defeated. However at the time the frictions between the Orders were driving them apart, they just weren't ready to split yet. With the Unjust in power, the Orders would have remained united at least until the Unjust were defeated. The NPO at the time would not have wanted to play second fidle to anyone, much less GOONS, and NPO did make it clear which side they were on in that war.

Perhaps another Cold War would have happened, turned hot, to make it another Unjust War. Perhaps over raiding, GOONS and \m/ getting tired of not raiding the Red Sphere, might have sparked it. Who knows.

If the Unjust had won, we would have a similar world to now. Raiding is no longer this huge evil, it certainly isn't popular and it is no longer acceptable to talk about raiding people here, that perhaps would be different as the \m/ ZI show might still be going. However if the war was fought when it was fought, the events of Black Friday having happened, perhaps the \m/ ZI show, and other acts, would have been scaled down due to the absence of those who really pushed the envelope towards those things.

As for if NPO won Karma, that may be akin to how the Unjust might have won that war too. If the WUT stayed together, instead of breaking, the outcome of the UjW would have been different. If the WUT had fought to defend the UnjusT Path members who were overlapping with WUT membership, perhaps could have chained enough treaties to give them a numerical advantage. If Continuum stayed active, with all the alliances in it at the start of Karma, and they all had enterred the war via the Continuum treaty and defended NPO, that would have nipped Karma in the bud.

Of course decisions were made and alliances stated their positions prior to players actually starting these wars, so when the events rolled around the planners had a good idea of who would be enterring and who wouldn't be helping certain alliances. But it is interesting to speculate the "what ifs" of these situations. Of course since they are "what if's" we cannot truly know what would the cyberverse be like if these events played out differently.