Federation of Armed Nations Announcement

Princess Doomee

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1291796815' post='2533787']
You fail to understand what i mean, or i was conveying it wrong. A polar attacking nation sends the report to the defending nation. If the defending nation deletes those reports quick enough, there is no way to calculate the damage because it is also removed from the sent message folder from the attacker. Which makes being able to collaborate the battle reports on athens end impossible.
[/quote]

Apart from the screen you get completely separate to the battle reports showing you the damage done in the attack? Be better at collecting information in future.

GATO did 3k NS damage per nation they put forward? That is utterly pathetic, even if you work under the assumption they were only in 1 war each :D

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey at least there was a little fun for those involved if only for 10 days. Its better than everyone hugging their infra so tight because they feel one day they will cash it in and retire debt free in RL. :lol1:

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1291801059' post='2533803']
GATO did 3k NS damage per nation they put forward? That is utterly pathetic, even if you work under the assumption they were only in 1 war each :D
[/quote]

There is more detailed info on the results somewhere?

also, Ardus is right, we can still fight you guys in the next war without the constant bickering in events like this where there wasn't even any interaction between our alliances. Constant whining just makes the leadup that much more tedious, repetitive, and boring. Save the propaganda for something more meaningful.

Edited by William Blake

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291784257' post='2533615']
Only 80% of your nations reporting in isn't something to be proud of, it shows they don't follow orders properly and were the dead weight you put on your team meaning they probably didn't do much damage. Congrats on the 3rd highest score assuming that's accurate regardless though.
[/quote]

Holy hell that's a whole lot of assumptions there. They didn't report their damages in a timely manner so surely that means they don't follow orders and didn't do much damage, yep!

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291791637' post='2533738']
3rd place isn't even that good, so I find it funny how upset so many from Athens seem for not being included in these results.
[/quote]

Weren't you just congratulating them? Now it isn't even that good? 3rd place here means they beat out seven others. Not that good, yep!

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1291795464' post='2533775']
The childish bickering in this thread is unbecoming of all involved in it. Except for Methrage. But the rest of y'all, seriously, chill out.
[/quote]
Yeah, no kidding.
Honestly, it was fun to poke around because the guys throwing a fit are the ones that like rag on anyone that is too serious and market themselves as fun and fancy free. See:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1291782873' post='2533573']
Come on, Schatt, stop being a hater. Everyone involved had fun while the rest of you got to sit on your hands and whine about the lack of war. so tell me, who REALLY lost?
[/quote]
[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1291783745' post='2533601']
(the spreadsheet is posted on the boards, just wanted to get inb4 Schatt)
[/quote]
Heh. It's easier for me because I'm not typing in blue.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1291788820' post='2533692']
As for Athens being sore "not winners", what I see is Londo saying that our calculated damage was higher than that of UPN's, the number 3 alliance. Sore loser indeed :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Loser is your word, I said not winner. You're all precious snowflakes for participating.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1291821859' post='2533907']
Holy hell that's a whole lot of assumptions there. They didn't report their damages in a timely manner so surely that means they don't follow orders and didn't do much damage, yep!
[/quote]
6 weeks is beyond language like timely.

Every contest has a deadline. If half of you didn't submit your stats, then of course the rankings are erroneous. You had fun, don't worry about it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1291826251' post='2533955']
6 weeks is beyond language like timely.
[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something (which could very well be the case seeing as how I haven't been keeping up on 10.10.10 as much as many others), [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95489&st=40&p=2533605&#entry2533605"]this post[/url] seems to indicate that the two Athens members were less than a day, and not 6 weeks, late reporting their losses to Londo.

If you thought I was referring to Londo's reporting of losses to the others participating, and if that's what you were referring to as well, seems Londo did that very early on (according to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95489&view=findpost&p=2533516"]this post[/url]), albeit in a location that was apparently missed by others.

Contesting of details aside, seems like the majority of parties had fun here, and that's all that really matters. Congrats to FAN, although their finish doesn't exactly come as a surprise. :P

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1291824240' post='2533938']
With the recent streak of disbandment notices i half expected this to be FAN's turn to throw in the towel.
[/quote]

Wow! I mean seriously, you don't know us very well do you? We don't even have a towel and if we did, we'd just clean some guns with it. Throw it in? I laugh in your general direction sir. :lol1:

In spite of the bickering in this thread the realities are indisputable. 10.10.10 was a good time for those involved. I believe that some new relationships may have been formed and others strengthened but the bottom line is it was fun.

Other discussion in here just confirms what we have been saying for a long time. The treaty web is a pox on the game of CN. We will have more to say on this topic in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:

With the recent streak of disbandment notices i half expected this to be FAN's turn to throw in the towel.

[/quote]
Yeah, no..

Congrats to FAN for the #1 spot.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1291828661' post='2533984']
If you all can't agree on who won, I'll just have to claim MCXA as the winner. :blush:
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I think everyone agrees on who won. This is a battle for the honor of third place![/font]

We performed well, ending up with a bit over 109k NS damage, with 1 of our guys AWOL after the third day (RL). We'll break 120,000 next time, I promise.

Thank you to RW, the other 9 FAN gladiators, the aiders, haters and thought provoking mother f****** within FAN. We finessed a couple of new things ;)

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1291837481' post='2534103']
[font="Georgia"]I think everyone agrees on who won. This is a battle for the honor of third place![/font]
[/quote]

I lol'd :D

I'm lovin the drama.

Big shout out to Sparta and Athens (Fyfe in particular) for some very tough nuts to crack during 10.10.10. Unfortunately we didn't tango with NpO too much, so I'll leave the deserved praise for them to others who fought them.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1291837481' post='2534103']
[/quote]

Yes, but that doesn't make for as good a joke :P

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1291830369' post='2534004']
Other discussion in here just confirms what we have been saying for a long time. The treaty web is a pox on the game of CN. We will have more to say on this topic in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

World's quietest mass treaty cancellation?

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1291796815' post='2533787']
You fail to understand what i mean, or i was conveying it wrong. A polar attacking nation sends the report to the defending nation. If the defending nation deletes those reports quick enough, there is no way to calculate the damage because it is also removed from the sent message folder from the attacker. Which makes being able to collaborate the battle reports on athens end impossible.
[/quote]

Wait your blaming Athens for polars inability to collect data as yous went along ?
How long dose it take to copy-paste battle reports

[b]o/ all alliances involved and special congrats to FAN[/b]
[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1291781533' post='2533536']
No, in fact I believe Athens made a mistake involving themselves with this. The "winners" have earned the right to brag that the utter failure that was the tabulation of these results came out with them on top after 2 months of fumbling around with misplaced data. NpO and UPN are universally recognized as very poor fighting alliances and the fact that they are in the top 3 is a testament to the tremendous failure of this competition.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1291786709' post='2533665']
lol

Yes, I am [i]so, so angry irl[/i] that alliances I don't like are bad at the game. Please put more effort into your 4chan memes.
[/quote]

[b][color="#8B0000"][font="Impact"]This guy just made #1 on my list for asshatery.. Congrats on being #1 SC....[/font][/color][/b]

Edited by Panic King

Anyway, congratulations to those ranked.
[/quote]
Pack it up boys this post wins the thread. Im trying to type through the tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Congrats to all those lucky enough to be included. FAN if you want a no !@#$%*ing war game come see me we can work it out :) fun for all.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1291847356' post='2534226']
Pack it up boys this post wins the thread. Im trying to type through the tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Congrats to all those lucky enough to be included. FAN if you want a no !@#$%*ing war game come see me we can work it out :) fun for all.
[/quote]

If you can convince Chef Joe to prepare the MREs we can talk. :lol1:

[quote name='Panic King' timestamp='1291847141' post='2534223']
[b]o/ all alliances involved and special congrats to FAN[/b]

[b][color="#8B0000"][font="Impact"]This guy just made #1 on my list for asshatery.. Congrats on being #1 SC....[/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]

More people might read your posts if you didn't bold them in awful fonts.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1291876972' post='2534714']
Where did Sparta place in this out of curiosity? And can we see like actual numbers and stuff?
[/quote]

Not well the stats wickedj posted said like 6th with like 49k NS of damage. Also this was terribly organized its honestly kind of pitiful. Thought I doubt those who participated cared and had a good time anyway in the end thats all that really matters in this game.