The New Kingdom Standard

Archon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1290385906' post='2519625']
[color="#0000FF"]That's a terrible flag. I know you've wanted a new flag for awhile now, but couldn't you have picked something better?[/color]
[/quote]

You're right, let's use this instead:

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5397/npomushroom.png[/img]

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1290385846' post='2519622']
Do I see some Vanguard in there?

Welcome back, Archon. :)
[/quote]

Yes, you do. It was a specific design goal as we zeroed in on final design.

And thanks :)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1290385906' post='2519625']
[color="#0000FF"]That's a terrible flag. I know you've wanted a new flag for awhile now, but couldn't you have picked something better?[/color]
[/quote]

We tried but Lebubu was embarrassed to have a cat on the flag. I was very disappointed.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290385969' post='2519628']
You're right, let's use this instead:

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5397/npomushroom.png[/img]
[/quote]
This is great, I am support.

No seriously, cool flag MK. Hope the government changes work out too.

Welcome back. I must say I prefer the old flag.

[OOC] Does the [url=http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-blue-mushroom-on-super-mario-do]blue mushroom[/url] foreshadow you falling under the membership requirement for sanction? :P [/OOC]

Congrats on moving forward into a new era of achievement. Not to upset anyone, but that flag looks like you took a step backwards in the graphics department. I'm usually one for change, but I prefer the previous flag much better. :(

Still, I wish you well MK.

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1290386105' post='2519635']
Welcome back. I must say I prefer the old flag.

[OOC] Does the [url=http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-blue-mushroom-on-super-mario-do]blue mushroom[/url] foreshadow you falling under the membership requirement for sanction? :P [/OOC]
[/quote]

[OOC] No, it has to do with me getting a blue mushroom plushie as a gift. I'm not kidding, either. [/OOC]

A few folks do prefer the old, but that should not stand in the way of change.

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1290386180' post='2519640']
Congrats on moving forward into a new era of achievement. Not to upset anyone, but that flag looks like you took a step backwards in the graphics department. I'm usually one for change, but I prefer the previous flag much better. :(

Still, I wish you well MK.
[/quote]

There's some people who like lots of bells and whistles. That's fine, and there's a place for such things. However a flag design is not one of them. A flag should be simple and to the point, while still representing you fully.

Our old flag was horrid in that regard, it had far too much going on. It was a cool design, that will likely continue to be reused for other images. However it was a terrible flag, whose main draw was nostalgia for those of us who have rallied around it for so many years.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290386331' post='2519647']
...a flag design is not one of them. A flag should be simple and to the point, while still representing you fully.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right. The previous flag, although awesome, didn't meet standards for what a flag should be and the image is better for propaganda. Still, and again...this is only constructive criticism, this new flag looks like it was done up in MS Pain in about 5 minutes. Just doesn't represent the Kingdom well, imo. But, that's just me and it is just a flag, so carry on. o/

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1290386545' post='2519657']
You're absolutely right. The previous flag, although awesome, didn't meet standards for what a flag should be and the image is better for propaganda. Still, and again...this is only constructive criticism, this new flag looks like it was done up in MS Pain in about 5 minutes. Just doesn't represent the Kingdom well, imo. But, that's just me and it is just a flag, so carry on. o/
[/quote]

Maybe Archon will decide to release some of the runners up, some of them may be better to your tastes. There was more effort put into picking a flag than most people will ever know, and while the end result is simplistic, that was chosen in large part because of that.