The New Kingdom Standard

Archon

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1290449302' post='2520382']
Nice flag. Unfortunately I will have to desecrate it on a regular basis. If it makes you feel any better I will take slightly less pleasure in doing so.
[/quote]

Make sure you post pictures.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1290449612' post='2520387']
You unwashed masses had better get used to it, seeing as how it will be adorning the threads announcing the commencement of Shroomly conquests of your feeble nations.
[/quote]
It will also cover the caskets of the kingdoms dead. Will we see it a little or a lot :unsure:

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1290454562' post='2520444']
A very beautiful flag, I congratulate the ruler who made it. But, I sure wish you coulda made this announcement a bit more controversial. :P
[/quote]

Professor Chaos deserves mad props. Also, the controversy will come in due course.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1290410032' post='2520140']
The colours clash too. It's hideous, but still an improvement.

OOC: the signatures look better but the theme is stupid and uninspired. My signature, on the other hand, is brilliant.
[/quote]

No, they do not clash. They are Complementary colors

Not a fan of pixelation, sorry. The smooth background feel of the flag with easy on eyes "aqua blue" and sharp black lines do not mesh with the "abrasiveness" of the pixelized shield*.

The two collide-- sophisticated smooth background with the rough shield*

*specifically, obviously, the 'shroom in the shield

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1290456177' post='2520466']
Not everyone has the opportunity to take an already-existent flag and simply change the colors. :P
[/quote]

Not everyone does, but you definitely did:

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290385969' post='2519628']
You're right, let's use this instead:[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5397/npomushroom.png[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1290456402' post='2520470']
Not a fan of pixelation, sorry. The smooth background feel of the flag with easy on eyes "aqua blue" and sharp black lines do not mesh with the "abrasiveness" of the pixelized shield.

The two collide-- sophisticated smooth background with the rough shield
[/quote]

Hrm... I wonder what the Shield would look like if it were pixelated as well...

Eh, too late for that now.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290456510' post='2520474']
Hrm... I wonder what the Shield would look like if it were pixelated as well...

Eh, too late for that now.
[/quote]
The flag would be perfect, if the 'shroom inside the shield was also sharp and elegant. It would be very sophisticated yet simple, a great combo.

Though I understand that you wanted to express some of the character of the alliances by the pixelated part. But it doesn't work on a flag, or rather, maybe with a different background then as well.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1290456492' post='2520473']
Not everyone does, but you definitely did:
[/quote]

I'm not Seerow, so not quite sure what you mean. :P

(Yes, GOONS2.0's flag is similar to GOONS1.0's, if that's what you're getting at.)

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1290457158' post='2520478']
The flag would be perfect, if the 'shroom inside the shield was also sharp and elegant. It would be very sophisticated yet simple, a great combo.

Though I understand that you wanted to express some of the character of the alliances by the pixelated part. But it doesn't work on a flag, or rather, maybe with a different background then as well.
[/quote]

The pixelation is perfect imo. A pixelated mushroom makes far more sense than a 3D mushroom, especially on a flag.

I can sort of understand where the pixelated mushroom clashes with the smooth shield comes from though. Personally I saw it as the crest on the shield, so the disparity there doesn't really bother me (say you saw someone actually holding a shield with a pixelated mushroom on it. I doubt you'd say "That pixelated mushroom doesn't mesh with your shield!"), but I can see where as a design it might seem off. Which is why I was wondering how a pixelated shield would look.

The background behind it is generic enough to work with a smooth or pixelated design. It's not like there's a lot of smooth curves or other shapes or whatever in it to contrast with it.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290457415' post='2520484']The pixelation is perfect imo. A pixelated mushroom makes far more sense than a 3D mushroom, especially on a flag.[/quote]
Who said anything about a 3D shroom? Just sharpen the black lines (make them curvy) on the shroom, giving it a "natural" flat look rather then a look of a poor overblown digital image.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290457415' post='2520484']The background behind it is generic enough to work with a smooth or pixelated design. It's not like there's a lot of smooth curves or other shapes or whatever in it to contrast with it.[/quote]
I suppose true enough. Maybe intervention is needed somewhere else. But as said, Id rather ditch the entire pixelation. "Brave" element to put in and experiment with, but on a flag,...I dunno if it works most of the time.

Edited by Branimir

Will you be changing your flag ingame to reflect the new banner?

Also, it's cute. The old one wasn't horrible, but it was pretty complex. The new one is simpler.

And for what it's worth, I like the pixelation. It helps denote where MK operates (the Cyberverse).

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1290449350' post='2520385']
Jealousy does not become you.
[/quote]

Just calling it like I see it...

THIS is a much classier flag:

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091231223112/cybernations/images/thumb/e/e0/Flag_of_the_Siberian_Tiger_Alliance.svg/500px-Flag_of_the_Siberian_Tiger_Alliance.svg.png[/img]