An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[color="#FF0000"]I think Ardus has made it pretty clear that he does not intend to reveal what the nature of the edited content was, and does not possess any evidence that it was edited. Since he will not provide any insight on why the edited post were edited, or any details of the happenings between the two alliances that took place in their own embassies, it is safe to assume the following.

1.This should have been handled in private. The direct interactions between two alliances has not effects what-so-ever on the rest of the world at large. The decision to publish such would be an indicator, in light of recent events, that MK's ruling government is border lining being incompetent.

2.This is a failed attempt to redirect focus from MK's recent failures toward NPO. A PR stunt by any means. The fashion in which this announcement was published, with accusations but no details, strongly suggest that Ardus hoped that readers would casually overlook his lack of explanation, and turn a minor breach of decorum into a major event in the hopes that it would turn MK's declining reputation around.

3. The utter failure of this announcement to garner the intended reaction, and MK's diligent defending of it lends itself to the conclusion, that in the face of losing many of it's loyal allies and many recent blunders, that MK feels that it is in a weak and vulnerable position, and is insecure because they no longer feel that they have the upper hand.[/color]

Edited by DictatatorDan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1289950895' post='2515273']
[b]I didn't miss it, I ignored it[/b], since you are far from objective and since rational interpretations of events are entirely independent of Alterego's delusions.

I bolded some of it for you, since that seems to be the cool thing to do.[/quote]
there is no shame getting caught with your knickers down, pretending you are fully dressed when they are around your ankles is quite another thing. I LOL'd thanks :smug:

[quote]PS - For this being a "nothing incident" you sure seem to be taking it all far more seriously than anyone else. ;))
[/quote]
You really didnt read anything beyond the couple of words in the middle of the paragraph. I said MK members said that.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1289951512' post='2515290']
[color="#FF0000"]I think Ardus has made it pretty clear that he does not intend to reveal what the nature of the edited content was, and does not possess any evidence that it was edited. Since he will not provide any insight on why the edited post were edited, or any details of the happenings between the two alliances that took place in their own embassies, it is safe to assume the following.

1.This should have been handled in private. The direct interactions between two alliances has not effects what-so-ever on the rest of the world at large. The decision to publish such would be an indicator, in light of recent events, that MK's ruling government is border lining being incompetent.

2.This is a failed attempt to redirect focus from MK's recent failures toward NPO. A PR stunt by any means. The fashion in which this announcement was published, with accusations but no details, strongly suggest that Ardus hoped that readers would casually overlook his lack of explanation, and turn a minor breach of decorum into a major event in the hopes that it would turn MK's declining reputation around.

3. The utter failure of this announcement to garner the intended reaction, and MK's diligent defending of it lends itself to the conclusion, that in the face of losing many of it's loyal allies and many recent blunders, that MK feels that it is in a weak and vulnerable position, and is insecure because they no longer feel that they have the upper hand.[/color]
[/quote]
Our declining reputation? I'm sorry, people (like you) are hanging off our every word, making outrageous conclusions based of no evidence about the events of another alliance which, apparently, don't concern them. How is out reputation declining again? Or are people with a 'high' reputation those whose only political contribution to this world are a thread about their latest thread milestone and some predictable MDP announcement?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289951693' post='2515296']
[color="#0000FF"]Out of curiosity, what was the nature of the edited posts? Is there any proof that any posts were edited? Since you saw it fit to bring to public eye, would you not mind sharing the details of your accusations?[/color]
[/quote]
An IO has already admitted they were edited.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289951908' post='2515304']
Our declining reputation? I'm sorry, people (like you) are hanging off our every word, making outrageous conclusions based of no evidence about the events of another alliance which, apparently, don't concern them. How is out reputation declining again? Or are people with a 'high' reputation those whose only political contribution to this world are a thread about their latest thread milestone and some predictable MDP announcement?
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Well if this had any relevancy to the public, then MK would have certainly shed light on the affair, instead of stonewalling any attempts at questioning and discussing the nature of the offenses that have been commited. The fact that this announcment was made in public, and not in private, along with point to the dated precedent that incidents like this have served as valid CB's in the past, and MK inability to follow thru on it's thinly veiled threats, all support my conclusion and understanding of the kingdom as a whole.[/color]

Edited by DictatatorDan

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289951961' post='2515305']An IO has already admitted they were edited.[/quote]
Where was that, must have missed it;
[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1289942807' post='2515071']No, they do not have permissions. I did indeed not discuss this point as I am still catching up on things from the last day or so and I dislike posting without proper knowledge and information. :)[/quote]
Maybe it was some other IO post that I didn't catch?

I actually dont know of the edit*, so I cant really speak, just like Jasmine. I know that posts of the two in question were removed in one thread, as well as other posts that were in context of the convo in which they were in (also mine,...damn evil NPO :(( ) so that there would be (as Stray mentioned) no Pacificans overreacting to them.

*or do you mean edit in sense of, editing the thread as mentioned, not a specific post wording? Anyway, I dunno, cant speak about that.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289951642' post='2515292']
there is no shame getting caught with your knickers down, pretending you are fully dressed when they are around your ankles is quite another thing. I LOL'd thanks :smug:
[/quote]

Indeed. How does it feel? :smug:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289951642' post='2515292']
You really didnt read anything beyond the couple of words in the middle of the paragraph. I said MK members said that.
[/quote]

If you weren't agreeing with that sentiment, then you were agreeing with mine. In which case I'm flattered. :blush:

Not to mention confused as to why you continue to flail about...

Edited by SirWilliam

[color="#0000FF"]Out of curiosity, what was the nature of the edited posts? Is there any proof that any posts were edited? Since you saw it fit to bring to public eye, would you not mind sharing the details of your accusations?[/color]
[/quote]
Im just going to call shens on this entire thread

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/wickedj8/lolcats/Shenanigans-Comp2.png[/IMG]

[/quote]

I think NPO officials have already admitted the posts were edited, what they were edited to is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. The fact remains that Pacificans knowingly edited a post by a diplomat to make it something it wasn't. The questions we should be asking are:

What would motivate you to do such a thing?
What were the ulterior motives behind twisting someones words in such a way?

Such behavior leads me to speculate that the editing was done with some malicious intent in mind, wouldn't you say so? (silly me, of course you wouldn't)

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289952576' post='2515330']
Where was that, must have missed it;

Maybe it was some other IO post that I didn't catch?

I actually dont know of the edit*, so I cant really speak, just like Jasmine. I know that posts of the two in question were removed in one thread, as well as other posts that were in context of the convo in which they were in (also mine,...damn evil NPO :(( ) so that there would be (as Stray mentioned) no Pacificans overreacting to them.

*or do you mean edit in sense of, editing the thread as mentioned, not a specific post wording? Anyway, I dunno, cant speak about that.
[/quote]
I must have misread her reply, in that case. You will have to speak to Bilrow, who was the admin reading the thread at the time of the edits.

The actual 'edit' was referring to an admin editing some posts to make them appear pro-NPO, which were corrected soon afterwards by the MK members who posted them.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289952990' post='2515344']I must have misread her reply, in that case. You will have to speak to Bilrow, who was the admin reading the thread at the time of the edits. The actual 'edit' was referring to an admin editing some posts to make them appear pro-NPO, which were corrected soon afterwards by the MK members who posted them.[/quote]
Yeah, that sounds like something that those that were present then can speak off only. As how you said it, posts were edited then edited back and left like that. I dunno.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289950311' post='2515254']
Jasmine a few pages back admitted that posts were edited. At least I believe it was Jasmine. It could have been another NPO official. But either way, NPO hasn't denied editing the posts.
[/quote]

So? Genesis edited my posts you don't see me crying about them.

Depends what the original post was and what the edited post ending up being. Maybe that's just me.

Edited by The MVP

That only edit that was done was the thread title of Bros' thread from "hello npo scum" to "hello my beloved pacificans". Well, and also my response to Bros calling him MK Scum being deleted. I will start a thread complaining about my posts being deleted posted haste.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1289953315' post='2515353']
That only edit that was done was the thread title of Bros' thread from "hello npo scum" to "hello my beloved pacificans". Well, and also my response to Bros calling him MK Scum being deleted. I will start a thread complaining about my posts being deleted posted haste.
[/quote]
Ill join you as my post was deleted too :((

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That is it? Seems less like a malicious attack than something done in good fun and jest. I thought our friends at the Kingdom were known for their sense of humor. What ever happened to that?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289953535' post='2515360']
[color="#0000FF"]That is it? Seems less like a malicious attack than something done in good fun and jest. I thought our friends at the Kingdom were known for their sense of humor. What ever happened to that?[/color]
[/quote]

It's only funny when they are the instigators.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1289953455' post='2515358']
Bros called us npo and didn't expect an edit? What was he thinking.[/quote]
Well, I dont know.

But it could be a cultural misunderstanding then. We just dont get their famous "lulz" ;
[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4819/akrri.gif[/img]

For example I have above what their Prince is having as an avatar in their embassy in our Grad. I guess its lulz or something. Not that original though.

edit;
[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1289953684' post='2515362']
And a page's worth of deleted posts.
[/quote]
Dude, common now. The convo including the two in question characters wasn't more then half a page.

Edited by Branimir

[/quote]

That is all? Somebody needs to try a lot harder.