AcTi Individual Surrender Terms

This "does ZI = destruction" debate is ridiculous. I've come back from ZI twice, and I'm not destroyed by any means in any permanent way. This isn't forcing him to give up or quit or anything. It's telling him this is what happens when you $%&@ up. And the declared upon have traditionally had the ability to demand some form of reparations when they are declared on. Also, following precedent, I've never declared on anybody who screwed the pooch on a stagger. If that were the case, when I was fighting VA last war I would've had about 24 valid CBs against The Mafia.

I'm looking forward to CoJ's declaration of war on Sirius to defend the helpless Batallion, which I imagine is the next step, because we all know CoJ is anything but all talk.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289128180' post='2504941']
A single ZI for starting an alliance war with allegedly shoddy reasons? (Let's not get into the debate about whether Bat's CB is a good one or not, it's clear that the Sirius forces feel it was terrible.)[/quote]

Looks to me like the CB was pretty strong, though not very smart under the circumstances.

Regardless, you leave out the part where in addition to ZI'ing Batallion, they also expect everyone else to leave the alliance and become their POW's.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1289170320' post='2505296']
This "does ZI = destruction" debate is ridiculous. I've come back from ZI twice, and I'm not destroyed by any means in any permanent way. This isn't forcing him to give up or quit or anything. It's telling him this is what happens when you $%&@ up. And the declared upon have traditionally had the ability to demand some form of reparations when they are declared on. Also, following precedent, I've never declared on anybody who screwed the pooch on a stagger. If that were the case, when I was fighting VA last war I would've had about 24 valid CBs against The Mafia.

I'm looking forward to CoJ's declaration of war on Sirius to defend the helpless Batallion, which I imagine is the next step, because we all know CoJ is anything but all talk.
[/quote]

If the CB is less than 6 months old, it's VALID! :lol1:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289131134' post='2504972']
Usually in cases where it's merited, it happens before terms are ever signed, as Haf mentioned. And I believe it's been stated he only has a few hundred infra now, just from the war effort. The difference between that and 0 to any nation with a warchest is next to nothing. It'd be better for his nation, provided he recieved peace after ZI, to submit rather than burn more warchest. The ZI [I]REALLY[/I] isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.
[/quote]

Bull.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=230429"]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=230429[/url]

Technology: 7,796.25
Infrastructure: 9,058.20

That's not "a few hundred infra". Rebuilding to that size would cost him over $700M, not counting any tech and money he loses prior to ZI.

Plus everyone else in his alliance must leave their AA and join the POW AA in order to get peace.

I'd fight, if I were them. If you're going to get rolled anyway, may as well have some fun and do some damage.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289123727' post='2504881']
How novel! A peace treaty with ongoing war stipulations! It'll be all the rage this season.

Don't be stupid.
[/quote]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289126625' post='2504920']
Exactly. It's a de facto disbandment.
[/quote]

I seem to recall that that is exactly what MK did with UBD. The alliance got hit for 4 days or so and mdnss69 got a ZI, despite remaining in gov of UBD. I don't seem to recall anyone complaining about it. You're really starting to look silly, Schatt.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1289172005' post='2505310']
I seem to recall that that is exactly what MK did with UBD. The alliance got hit for 4 days or so and mdnss69 got a ZI, despite remaining in gov of UBD. I don't seem to recall anyone complaining about it. You're really starting to look silly, Schatt.
[/quote]
Can you provide more details of what lead to that war? Maybe with details some of us that weren't here for MK/UBD will see your point.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289172711' post='2505314']
Can you provide more details of what lead to that war? Maybe with details some of us that weren't here for MK/UBD will see your point.
[/quote]

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Minute_War

Now that was hard, wasn't it?

Confusion.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1289165159' post='2505239']
Apparently there was bad blood between JM and Bat before this fiasco. I'm not clear as to what it was but no one here has elaborated on it either; until then, I will reserve further judgment. Now this goes hand in hand with your explanation. TKTB did push AcTi---but there was a reason for that, one that caused them to possibly bait AcTi into [b]a war they wont ever come out of[/b].
[/quote]

They will.

Don't you worry. :)

[quote name='Chet Ubetcha' timestamp='1289174120' post='2505332']
They will.

Don't you worry. :)
[/quote]
When? You guys keep dodging the facts. You guys in effect started this war or at least TKTB did and the bloc followed.

So when does this unjust war end?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289174824' post='2505337']
When? You guys keep dodging the facts. You guys in effect started this war or at least TKTB did and the bloc followed.

So when does this unjust war end?
[/quote]

Calm down my friend, have patience. :)

Considering the CB along with TIO bringing in a bunch of allies to really beat AcTi into the ground without taking much damage themselves, I would be disappointed if this didn't end with white peace for the entire alliance once the objective is achieved, which seems to be Battalion reaching ZI. Members who don't accept individual terms and fight it out to the end probably won't have to pay reps unless TIO and allies decide to do it despite a lot of political backlash. I'm already 2,999.99 infra having rebuilt from being at ZI and 17 days bill lock about 10 days ago, so rebuilding from war can be easy and you'll feel better about what you did if you stick with your alliance.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1289172005' post='2505310']
[/quote]

Funny, I am feeling [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94427"]pretty damn good[/url].

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1289171734' post='2505309']
Bull.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=230429"]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=230429[/url]

Technology: 7,796.25
Infrastructure: 9,058.20

That's not "a few hundred infra". Rebuilding to that size would cost him over $700M, not counting any tech and money he loses prior to ZI.

Plus everyone else in his alliance must leave their AA and join the POW AA in order to get peace.

I'd fight, if I were them. If you're going to get rolled anyway, may as well have some fun and do some damage.
[/quote]
Apparently you can't read.
[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289131134' post='2504972']
And I believe it's been stated
[/quote]
OOC: CN doesn't like my mobile browser, checking would take way longer than I have time for. You try living with IE6 and see how you like it. [img]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1289170639' post='2505301']
Looks to me like the CB was pretty strong, though not very smart under the circumstances.

Regardless, you leave out the part where in addition to ZI'ing Batallion, they also expect everyone else to leave the alliance and become their POW's.
[/quote]
Uh, those were individual surrender terms.

Individual surrender terms are for nations who want to leave an alliance at war and surrender for the duration of the war. POW camps are not expected to be permanent.

I truly wonder if ZI'ing Batallion is worth the effort? surely the shame of leading his community into disaster and ineptitude of his leadership being further advertised for all and sundry to see is humiliating enough? oh well congratz on peace and all that :mellow:

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1289166055' post='2505251']

I know WANA left Exodus too, are you sure Mido left before him?

[/quote]
Yes, Mido left before WANA was removed.

*aboooe goes back to lurking.*