AcTi Declaration of War

Batallion

[quote name='Valdemar' timestamp='1289028374' post='2503801']
Who's high? Battalion's high, that's who.

Really? Really? Really?

They mess up your stagger and you think this is a CB? What is wrong with you?

OOOOH, they messed up our stagger! BAWWWWWWWWWW!

Battalion, you've been in CN far too long to even think this is reasonable.
[/quote]
Well, it'd be at least somewhat reasonable if, as Batallion claims, James did so with the intent of aiding a rogue attacking AcTi members. That is, considering James' position, more or less official TKTB sanctioning of actions against them. I only skimmed the OP and didn't bother with the logs, but if what he's claiming is true, it's a better CB than some that come to mind.

Not that any of this makes me unhappy that AcTi's getting rolled. :v:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289030340' post='2503814']
Well, it'd be at least somewhat reasonable if, as Batallion claims, James did so with the intent of aiding a rogue attacking AcTi members. That is, considering James' position, more or less official TKTB sanctioning of actions against them. I only skimmed the OP and didn't bother with the logs, but if what he's claiming is true, it's a better CB than some that come to mind.

Not that any of this makes me unhappy that AcTi's getting rolled. :v:
[/quote]
In no way did Tyler "confirm" that James was screwing up the stagger intentionally. Tyler repeatedly said no and Batt continued with "LIAR! I KNOW HE DID ON PURPOSE AND EVEN TOLD YOU! LIAR!"

James may have been intentionally screwing up the stagger, but Tyler sure as hell didn't say "That's exactly what he did".

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='JackSkellington' timestamp='1289030588' post='2503815']
In no way did Tyler "confirm" that James was screwing up the stagger intentionally. Tyler repeatedly said no and Batt continued with "LIAR! I KNOW HE DID ON PURPOSE AND EVEN TOLD YOU! LIAR!"

James may have been intentionally screwing up the stagger, but Tyler sure as hell didn't say "That's exactly what he did".
[/quote]
Which is why I said "if." :P I'm not saying that Bat's telling the truth or not, merely that if he was, he'd have some basis for this.

EDIT: Just read the logs and...it was a bunch of Batallion whining. :mellow: Nothing that confirms his claims, that's for sure.

Edited by Locke

I was wondering how long it'd take for AcTi to get themselves rolled. :smug:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289032311' post='2503820']
EDIT: Just read the logs and...it was a bunch of Batallion whining. :mellow: Nothing that confirms his claims, that's for sure.
[/quote]

You say that as if you're surprised :P

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1289034542' post='2503825']
You say that as if you're surprised :P
[/quote]
Not at him, but that anyone could come into this topic and defend him is a bit surprising.

Okay, maybe not. :P

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289020695' post='2503557']
Just for reference filling a war slot on purpose to mess up a stagger is an extremely ass thing to do, if that is the case here. I too would pursue military solutions if diplomatic ones broke down. But whatever, you're biting off way more than you can chew, and you should have gotten some half-decent allies beforehand.
[/quote]

Ditto the GOONS guy. ^ :lol1:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289020695' post='2503557']
Just for reference filling a war slot on purpose to mess up a stagger is an extremely ass thing to do, if that is the case here. I too would pursue military solutions if diplomatic ones broke down. But whatever, you're biting off way more than you can chew, and you should have gotten some half-decent allies beforehand.
[/quote]
It's not often that I agree with Sardonic, and here's two points where he's right on both.

Good to see you guys fired xr1 though.

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1289021727' post='2503639']
I'm sure if you included ALL of the logs many people would come to a different conclusion.

If you want all of the logs, please feel free to PM me or find me on IRC.
[/quote]
Your former alliances are divided into two categories, those that don't exist and those that don't like you.

Work it out.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1289023452' post='2503709']
Oh? I seem to remember people thinking it was pretty great when FOK and Kronos did it with a rogue hitting us a month or two ago.
[/quote]
That's Kronos, they had a free pass.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289024195' post='2503730']
Yes, but that didn't get plastered all over the OWF.
[/quote]
lolwut

You evidently weren't reading the OWF then. Yes it did.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289029126' post='2503806']
Yeah, but does that really fly with the whole "death before dishonor" thing? No.
[/quote]
Would you have just let it slide if one of your allies had lied to your face, and to the face of one of your other allies, in order to trick you into a war?

This whole incident just reminds me of what happened with Soldier...

In other words, Batallion isn't fit to run an alliance.

Edit: Word of advice. Wait for the CB to age 6 months before you act on it next time, or something ;)

Edited by R3nowned

I must admit that when I found out AcTi would be Declaring War on TKTB (about 4 hours before update) I was both happy and upset. However, I thought I would see a Blitz at the very least. Meh, this will be the end of AcTi. Good riddance.

Enjoy TKTB.

This is interesting. AcTi gets attacked by a rogue. Someone from Poison Clan attacks the rogue, over two hours later two more people from the turtle alliances attack the rogue looking for the same thing I am sure the Poison Clan guys is, land and tech. So the what AcTi claims is this. The turtle guys saw AcTi get attacked and then hatched a plan to attack the rogue and assume AcTi would then be stupid enough to declare war on them. This I find unlikely, it would seem more that they just saw AcTi fail to defend its own alliance and decided to profit off of it. Is it cool, no. I know the Battalion is hated across Planet Bob and maybe rightly so but, I can see why he would not be happy. On the other hand looking at this war AcTi declared it is also clear that they might never have managed to delare on the rogue to begin with.

AcTi had a semi valid complaint to begin with. I think that one day of poorly attempted diplomacy followed by a DoW the next night by an alliance that can not manage more than 4 nations attacking ot of 42 in its total offensive was not the best of ideas. This could have been handled many other ways.

Agreed.

But such is the way of idiocracy. TKTB however saw the the target as a legitimate raid and acted upon the target as anyone else would have i.e. NEW, GOONS, PC, MK etc... TKTB was well within their right to raid the target. If Batallion and AcTi was offended they could have asked TKTB to peace out on the target, but instead Batallion went behind everyones back to cause a war.

In all of this, maybe it has already been said, but I havent read all 6 pages... Anyone else find it amusing that they didnt declare on PC as well? I mean, we all KNOW why they didnt, but that doesnt change the fact that Tyler (Whom I love like a dysfunctional son), is former PC, and the PC raid is just as likely to be purposeful as the others(I dont care one way or another if it is intentional), and done with the same intent to ruin the stagger. I believe it infinitely more likely its just raiders war profiteering, but it IS funny that Batallion didnt... demand reps from PC.... THAT would have been an enjoyable show.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1289048374' post='2503907']
In all of this, maybe it has already been said, but I havent read all 6 pages... Anyone else find it amusing that they didnt declare on PC as well? I mean, we all KNOW why they didnt, but that doesnt change the fact that Tyler (Whom I love like a dysfunctional son), is former PC, and the PC raid is just as likely to be purposeful as the others(I dont care one way or another if it is intentional), and done with the same intent to ruin the stagger. I believe it infinitely more likely its just raiders war profiteering, but it IS funny that Batallion didnt... demand reps from PC.... THAT would have been an enjoyable show.
[/quote]
Wait, did you just accuse your ally of slotfilling a nuke rogue and suggest that they shouldn't be held accountable for it here?

Congrats Battalion at least you did [i]something[/i] right. Shame that TKTB got there before you eh? There's none so deaf as those who will not hear. I hope you get the rolling you deserve.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289048520' post='2503909']
Wait, did you just accuse your ally of slotfilling a nuke rogue and suggest that they shouldn't be held accountable for it here?
[/quote]
Careful when you stretch like, it can cause cramps. I merely pointed out the obvious on a warscreen (in addition, I also explicitly said that it looks like a war profiteering raid to me, and not a [OOC: Slot filling OOC]). I suggested, that it is amusing to me that Batallion made demands of TKTB, and not of PC. Dont get me wrong, we all know WHY he didnt.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1289048755' post='2503911']
Careful when you stretch like, it can cause cramps. I merely pointed out the obvious on a warscreen (in addition, I also explicitly said that it looks like a war profiteering raid to me, and not a [OOC: Slot filling OOC]). I suggested, that it is amusing to me that Batallion made demands of TKTB, and not of PC. Dont get me wrong, we all know WHY he didnt.
[/quote]
Apparently it's because if he had gone to Poison Clan, they would have said "We're bigger than you and our allies will back us up in the event that we're caught aiding a nuke rogue."

Or did you mean something else? :unsure:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289048996' post='2503915']
Apparently it's because if he had gone to Poison Clan, they would have said "We're bigger than you and our allies will back us up in the event that we're caught aiding a nuke rogue."

Or did you mean something else? :unsure:
[/quote]

Or maybe PC would have said "It is a raid on a valid target, and therefore your demand of reps is patently moronic," then dismissed him and awaited the vaunted ACTI war machines DoW on them as well? Really, its an amusing situation to me.