AcTi Declaration of War

Batallion

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1289115646' post='2504822']
He was booted from the alliance because he wanted things done diplomatically.
[/quote]

lol? guess i missed that thread in the...what 20? that have been made regarding this alliance's IA drama

carry on then :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1289116820' post='2504834']
Today I learned it is possibly to attack alliances by ruining one stagger on a rogue.
[/quote]

It's practically slot filling, lowering damage to just GAs, and allowing the rogue to focus his attacks. This helps a nuclear rogue more than directly giving them money.

If they had any intention of being diplomatic, the turtles would have peaced out. As it is, it is a direct insult. But AcTi has little hope of winning this one without outside intervention.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289107466' post='2504722']
Some things really don't need saying. If James Maximus's alliance is incapable of following simple procedures and understanding how alliances deal with rogues then they shouldn't be an alliance.
[/quote]
The NPO had no problems keeping the rogue on them out of peace mode for several cycles when FOK filled up a rogues slots. Batallion saying we refused to do ground attacks clearly never happened.

Edited by ditchboy00

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289127591' post='2504935']
A supposed stagger where the alliance wasn't even attacking said rogue nation.
[/quote]
You saw an opportunity to blow up someone you didn't like and you took it. Simple as that.

[color="#0000FF"]I love how all of the cyberverse are hypocrites and fools. All the time people complain about the actions of others, and what do the onlookers say?: "do something about it" If you don't do something about it you clearly "have no balls". Here we have an example of someone doing something about it, and everyone turns around and says crush him into a fine paste.

Seriously, you all tremendously disappoint me. You are all failures to yourselves and to Planet Bob.[/color]

So let me get this straight.

Nation A decides to go rogue on AcTi.

TKTB don't like AcTi, and think it would be clever to quickly fill the war slots up with 'raids.' Not only does a failed stagger mean that a determined rogue is going to be hitting peace mode to rebuild for many more billions of dollars of damage, but the 'raiders' are not doing anything besides GA, and TKTB told AcTi that they had to pay TKTB to get nukes on this guy?

And TKTB come to the forums and pretend they are in the right? Pretending that diplomacy (Which was attempted and met with a straight up 'no' by TKTB) is even a requirement when the evidence indicates such blatant aggression by James Maximus... I'm sort of speechless. You see, usually there is room to interpret something one way or the other, but this here, this is just about as clear cut as it gets.

And let me add, filling slots of rogues is wrong. Yeah, tech raiders nowadays have so few targets, but that's tough for you. It's well known the harm that raiders can cause by filling war slots with nothing more than a pair of GA each day. PC was also wrong, but I doubt that the PC nation was doing it out of blatant aggression and spite towards AcTi as TKTB did.

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289127591' post='2504935']
A supposed stagger where the alliance wasn't even attacking said rogue nation.
[/quote]

The slots were filled within two hours of the initial attack, but [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9197543/9645282b069dbda3516a0cbb2850db6fbd7fee90.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1289048007' post='2503905']
TKTB however saw the the target as a legitimate raid and acted upon the target as anyone else would have i.e. NEW, GOONS, PC, MK etc... TKTB was well within their right to raid the target. [/quote]

A hypothetical :

If Sirius had continued the war with the "Batallion must be ZI'd" plan, and another alliance started filling Batallion's war slots, messing up the stagger, and tech raiding him to keep him from taking maximum damage, how would the Sirius crowd feel about it?

I'm pretty sure they would be pissed at a 3rd party for getting involved and filling those war slots.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289151923' post='2505099']
So let me get this straight.

Nation A decides to go rogue on AcTi.

TKTB don't like AcTi, and think it would be clever to quickly fill the war slots up with 'raids.' Not only does a failed stagger mean that a determined rogue is going to be hitting peace mode to rebuild for many more billions of dollars of damage, but the 'raiders' are not doing anything besides GA, and TKTB told AcTi that they had to pay TKTB to get nukes on this guy?

And TKTB come to the forums and pretend they are in the right? Pretending that diplomacy (Which was attempted and met with a straight up 'no' by TKTB) is even a requirement when the evidence indicates such blatant aggression by James Maximus... I'm sort of speechless. You see, usually there is room to interpret something one way or the other, but this here, this is just about as clear cut as it gets.

And let me add, filling slots of rogues is wrong. Yeah, tech raiders nowadays have so few targets, but that's tough for you. It's well known the harm that raiders can cause by filling war slots with nothing more than a pair of GA each day. PC was also wrong, but I doubt that the PC nation was doing it out of blatant aggression and spite towards AcTi as TKTB did.
[/quote]

Fill everything you said about TKTB with James Maximus and you've got it about right. The rest of TKTB had no idea that this was going on.

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289201915' post='2505902']
Fill everything you said about TKTB with James Maximus and you've got it about right. The rest of TKTB had no idea that this was going on.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So the rest of Sirius and TKTB is absolved of everything? Oh please. You all went along with this. Either you're being obtuse here or you're all completely and utterly inept, and trust me brother, neither image will work out out for you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289202610' post='2505907']
[color="#0000FF"]So the rest of Sirius and TKTB is absolved of everything? Oh please. You all went along with this. Either you're being obtuse here or you're all completely and utterly inept, and trust me brother, neither image will work out out for you.[/color]
[/quote]

No, I'm not going to say we're completely blameless in this. Honestly... yes, we could have handled this better, questioned James for the sudden move, not been so naive and maybe not so eager to fight.

However, I don't want TKTB's name to be completely smeared by something like this, when a lot of this was on James, who has now abandoned his alliance after pulling a stunt like this.

And that's sister to you, Mister.

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289203089' post='2505909']
No, I'm not going to say we're completely blameless in this. Honestly... yes, we could have handled this better, questioned James for the sudden move, not been so naive and maybe not so eager to fight.

However, I don't want TKTB's name to be completely smeared by something like this, when a lot of this was on James, who has now abandoned his alliance after pulling a stunt like this.

And that's sister to you, Mister.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If TKTB was so incompetent to follow without question they deserve to be smeared. They deserve to lose whatever precious few ounces of credibility that they have. I know I do not intend to allow any of this to be forgotten.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289203465' post='2505911']
[color="#0000FF"]If TKTB was so incompetent to follow without question they deserve to be smeared. They deserve to lose whatever precious few ounces of credibility that they have. I know I do not intend to leave any of this down.[/color]
[/quote]

You can believe what you want. You're not allied to them. (Yes you can now insert something witty about how you don't want to be allied to them.)

At the end of the day, it boils down to this: I believe TKTB is quite competent, has some amazing people. They were mislead by a charismatic leader that ended up abandoning them when he felt he no longer cared about Planet Bob in a complete !@#$ storm. Whatever the case, TIO will still go down defending them.

An alliance is represented by it's leader. I would expect all of 64Digits to be accountable for my actions, regardless of circumstance, as TKTB is accountable for the actions of James Maximus.

This is on TKTB as much as it is on James. It's also on the rest of Sirius, but to a slightly lesser degree.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289244517' post='2506384']
An alliance is represented by it's leader. I would expect all of 64Digits to be accountable for my actions, regardless of circumstance, as TKTB is accountable for the actions of James Maximus.

This is on TKTB as much as it is on James. It's also on the rest of Sirius, but to a slightly lesser degree.
[/quote]

It's hard to read minds, and unfortunately, I don't think anyone in Planet Bob has that ability, especially over the internet. TIO, TCU and BTA were all deceived by James and on the second day of the war we began to question him after he intentionally listed the "ZI of Battalion" under the individual surrender terms, which was the first time we had been given reasonable pretenses to do so. After I and a few other members of Sirius alliances confronted James about this, he admitted to it, and now knowing that he had lied to get us all into a war, we acted quickly to resolve this situation, nothing more, nothing less.

If, however, we did have the power to read minds, I guess the accusation that TIO, TKTB, TCU and BTA deserves a blame would be valid....however, without that, it's hard to justify the claim.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1289248897' post='2506477']
TIO, TCU and BTA were all deceived by James and on the second day of the war we began to question him after he intentionally listed the "ZI of Battalion" under the individual surrender terms, which was the first time we had been given reasonable pretenses to do so. After I and a few other members of Sirius alliances confronted James about this, he admitted to it, and now knowing that he had lied to get us all into a war, we acted quickly to resolve this situation, nothing more, nothing less. [/quote]

I really do think you had "reasonable pretenses" to ask what was going on earlier. Anytime someone asks you to join them in a war, it's your responsibility to do your due diligence and be confident of the necessity before you agree.

Nonetheless it is to your credit that you did get there, even if a bit late, and have done the right thing. P/

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1289257261' post='2506652']
I really do think you had "reasonable pretenses" to ask what was going on earlier. Anytime someone asks you to join them in a war, it's your responsibility to do your due diligence and be confident of the necessity before you agree.

Nonetheless it is to your credit that you did get there, even if a bit late, and have done the right thing. P/
[/quote]

actually, it was more along the lines of "Battalion is threatening TKTB with war. Will you guys defend TKTB should AcTi declare war?"

you make it sound as if it went more like this, "So TKTB wants to go to war with AcTi cuz Battalion is being a dick to us in some talks. Will you declare war on AcTi with us?"

i know it is a subtle difference but maybe you might spot that difference.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1289257261' post='2506652']

[/quote]

We DID ask.
And we WERE lied to, that's why I referenced mind reading.
Sorry for any misunderstanding there.

Edited by Cao Pai