Pacific News Network Press Release: Flags of our Comrades

Strudeldorf

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1289394458' post='2509284']
Yeah at the time I recall it being around £25, and given the pound was 2.1 to the dollar, that was pretty decent back then for me. Plus it was just loose change in my paypal account.
[/quote]

Haha. Actually wish i'd got one. It is a cool flag at the end of the day...

Ah come on Cager it weren't that bad. Drama queen :P

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1289577278' post='2511174']
The amount of butthurt emanating from you is like nothing I've ever seen before.
[/quote]
So you're new here then?

Also, if I were pacifican, I'd buy one and then regret it later, but I'd still buy it. :awesome:

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1289577278' post='2511174']
The amount of butthurt emanating from you is like nothing I've ever seen before.
[/quote]

When did telling the truth become being considered butthurt?. You don't even know who I am do you.

Here is a link to the actual discussion of the creation of the flag:
[url="http://newpacificorder.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=region&action=display&thread=198"]My link[/url]

That is a dead board from "elsewhere" circa 2003.

Mars Sara is the Betsy Ross of Pacifica. Mentioned in fabled passing but not technically or historically known beyond that event. Mars Sara was rumored to be a spy from a rival organization at the time, having arrived shortly after Francos Spain came to power and disappearing when advancement was limited.

Sir Paul should probably get more credit than he is given for the iconography of Pacifica.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289800235' post='2513415']
Here is a link to the actual discussion of the creation of the flag:
[url="http://newpacificorder.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=region&action=display&thread=198"]My link[/url]

That is a dead board from "elsewhere" circa 2003.

Mars Sara is the Betsy Ross of Pacifica. Mentioned in fabled passing but not technically or historically known beyond that event. Mars Sara was rumored to be a spy from a rival organization at the time, having arrived shortly after Francos Spain came to power and disappearing when advancement was limited.

Sir Paul should probably get more credit than he is given for the iconography of Pacifica.
[/quote]

That thread is actually pretty great. It demonstrates how supposedly deep and meaningful Pacifican insights about their flag are a load of tripe.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1289816573' post='2513487']
That thread is actually pretty great. It demonstrates how supposedly deep and meaningful Pacifican insights about their flag are a load of tripe.
[/quote]

An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing in a simple way.

Charles Bukowski

[quote]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/hero/philley/NPOFLAG.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

LOL.

On another note, I didn't realise the colours were meant to be different from the colours of flags in real life. Puts to bed the aimless wondering of why such an obscure shade of blue and black was chosen I've had for the past three and a half years.

Edited by Rextu

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1289817247' post='2513491']
An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing in a simple way.

Charles Bukowski
[/quote]

This flag isn't saying anything.

Edited by Kalasin

In terms of the price, shops that print these sort of things usually scale their prices based on how many you buy. The more you buy, the less the unit cost is. This is because making a product with a new pattern requires them to create the mold or template and comes with a startup cost. Once they have the mold or template, there is no startup cost. So if you were to buy only one item, you would be paying mostly the cost of creating the template and printing the item. When you get up to more than 5-10 items, you start paying for just the price of the cloth and other materials that went into the cost of the item because the startup cost has mostly been paid for. This is why you see scales like this in quotes:

1-4: $50 each
5-9: $40 each
10-14: $30 each

In bulk orders like the one that the NPO is doing, I wager that they have a set number of flags that they shoot for so they are able to purchase enough to make the price go down from the starting price of printing one.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1289816573' post='2513487']
[/quote]

Considering that you have an obsessive habit of claiming our "insights" on other matters to be far more insidious than mere tripe, I'll take that as a complement.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1289829363' post='2513560']
In bulk orders like the one that the NPO is doing, I wager that they have a set number of flags that they shoot for so they are able to purchase enough to make the price go down from the starting price of printing one.
[/quote]
Some of the past orders have been the sreen printed ones and are cheaper to order. This batch is like the first in that it is a sewn version of the flag not screen printed.

I wouldn't buy a Pacifican flag as its over-priced and I'm not NPO but I would buy that propaganda poster they made for the FAN-WUT war the one where the hand was crushing the snake and it said, "If you crave war why do you squeal when we bring it to you." I'd probably hang in that in my room and be ostracized from all social life at my college. I'd only pay like $10 for that though because I'm poor :/

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1289869143' post='2513936']
I wouldn't buy a Pacifican flag as its over-priced and I'm not NPO but I would buy that propaganda poster they made for the FAN-WUT war the one where the hand was crushing the snake and it said, "If you crave war why do you squeal when we bring it to you." I'd probably hang in that in my room and be ostracized from all social life at my college. I'd only pay like $10 for that though because I'm poor :/
[/quote]
Link please? Sounds cool, and I'd like to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CRex of Gulo Gulo' timestamp='1289341407' post='2508569']
Then once they're rebuilt they can use the defacing of Francos's Star as a casus belli, roll the alliances and get massive reps. Win win.
[/quote]

Just so that this actually happens one day, to all you NPO haters, it'd be relatively easy, time-saving and cheap to simply paint an NPO flag, set it on fire and take photos. It'd be the first war of its kind.