Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1286285859' post='2475903']
VE are a terrible alliance with an inflated reputation and they will be right at home with their new found friends (until they jump from that ship too).
[/quote]

Coming from someone in Polar, an alliance we took behind the woodshed, it means a lot.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1286257248' post='2475644']
Bring it.
[/quote]
It's be done

[quote name='RudeBoy' timestamp='1286261620' post='2475708']
Believland is a truly outstanding gent. Somehow too busy with work to find examples of our flip-floppery, yet plenty of time to make retarded meaningless replies immediately following his post claiming he was too busy. Somehow, he finds time when he doesn't have any.

Or more likely he's full of !@#$.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing all these flip flopping examples showing how awful an alliance we are. Being a founding member I'm looking forward to seeing all this government instability (LOOK AT HOW MANY DOZENS OF LORDS AND SECRETARIES WE'VE HAD!!!!!!!!) that seems to have somehow gone on during my time in the alliance without me knowing. I mean come on, "moralist" to "less moral" is the best you got? fyfi we've had many allies in the past who tech raid or whatever. More VE members are opposed to it than in favor, but that's always been a more debatable subject in VE's internal affairs.

That said, I do quite love the enemies we've made. Can't say I've ever cared much for NpO or NSO, I don't really give a !@#$ what they think of us or what they think of anything for that matter. I'm not sure too many people do. Irrelevant enemies are the best enemies.

If you hate us just say so, I mean damn.
[/quote]
It takes some time to look up stats. I don't want to stick my foot inside my mouth again and say that VE was in Q or in SF as you were not. At that time, I needed to retire to my bed. I hope you guys understand

Why are you the way that you are? I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1286263946' post='2475722']
This is literally the best thing I have ever read.
[/quote]

Thanks. I try.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1286218009' post='2474368']
What's funny about this is in the past your alliance would have rolled the alliance making a post just like yours here. You are just a Grade A hypocrite aren't you.
[/quote]
NPO never rolled anyone for googling them on !@#$%*. I know, I did it. ;) (yes, the name of that site is filtered, which is why Bilrow's URL doesn't work as well. Use this instead: http://tinyurl.com/326xvu9 )

These are my favourite quotes.

[quote name='VE government']
SF/C&G will be kept abreast of the bloc once they are notified, and this isn't designed to diverge away from them. We all have common allies in the two blocs, and we all have no intention of creating a new side in this game. This is a way to chart our own path while still maintaining the relations we have with our outside allies.
[/quote]
[quote name='VE government']
Alliances disenchanted with the current SF/C&G structure and perhaps looking for friends who are still on the same side but maybe don't have the negative connotations associated to each would have a new pole to embrace, and we could end up putting ourself in a position to make many strong friends.
[/quote]
A third pole on the same side? Let's make a really huge tent and keep everyone all together holding hands.

Let's get back to the definition of hegemony, shall we?

Edited by Haflinger

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1286309513' post='2476189']
It's be done

It takes some time to look up stats. I don't want to stick my foot inside my mouth again and say that VE was in Q or in SF as you were not. At that time, I needed to retire to my bed. I hope you guys understand

Why are you the way that you are? I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be.

Thanks. I try.
[/quote]

I like the part where you admit you don't really know much about VE but still think we are evil.

Are you honestly not even going to attempt to back up your argument? You must have some motivation for thinking what you think. If you were to voice that motivation we could address it. Maybe we would convince you that you are wrong, or maybe you will only confirm that your motivation is just. I think that you do not know why you hate the VE. You heard some things, read some tidbits posted by schatt or some NpO-ers [i](we get it, we are teh evil backstabbers who like to stand up for our protectorates, get over it already)[/i] and you decided that since everybody says it it must be right. You say you hate what we choose to be. So what do you think we choose to be? There must be something we chose that you disapprove of. Is it our strict no tech raiding policy? Is it because we fought to defend OV? You don't need stats, you just need to reproduce the process which goes on in your head. Then we can at the very least talk about it. You said before that you didn't like VE's role in certain things which we weren't involved in. You said you didn't like it, we clarified, and you learned something new about an alliance you profess to hate. The least you can do before you hate is to figure out why you hate us because maybe some other reasons for your hate are also unfounded. Maybe they are valid reason. You only need to talk to find out.

Edited by leprecon

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1286313745' post='2476298']
I like the part where you admit you don't really know much about VE but still think we are evil.

Are you honestly not even going to attempt to back up your argument? You must have some motivation for thinking what you think. If you were to voice that motivation we could address it. Maybe we would convince you that you are wrong, or maybe you will only confirm that your motivation is just. I think that you do not know why you hate the VE. You heard some things, read some tidbits posted by schatt or some NpO-ers [i](we get it, we are teh evil backstabbers who like to stand up for our protectorates, get over it already)[/i] and you decided that since everybody says it it must be right. You say you hate what we choose to be. So what do you think we choose to be? There must be something we chose that you disapprove of. Is it our strict no tech raiding policy? Is it because we fought to defend OV? You don't need stats, you just need to reproduce the process which goes on in your head. Then we can at the very least talk about it. You said before that you didn't like VE's role in certain things which we weren't involved in. You said you didn't like it, we clarified, and you learned something new about an alliance you profess to hate. The least you can do before you hate is to figure out why you hate us because maybe some other reasons for your hate are also unfounded. Maybe they are valid reason. You only need to talk to find out.
[/quote]

I never said you were evil. I stated that I would have to look things up. You know, since VE has a pretty rich history and all. Lots of things to look up. But we can let this topic die, at least in public. Hope you have fun with PB.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1286314810' post='2476328']
How many bad things do I have to say about people to get my name in one of these cool propaganda posters?
[/quote]

You actually have substance and logic, even if we rarely agree on things. Besides Tyga, those guys are nothing but wannabes who repeat whatever inane drivel comes through their tiny unused brains in a hope to gain some sort of relevance.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286315630' post='2476346']
You actually have substance and logic, even if we rarely agree on things. Besides Tyga, those guys are nothing but wannabes who repeat whatever inane drivel comes through their tiny unused brains in a hope to gain some sort of relevance.
[/quote]

Wait, let me get that down...

"repeat inane drivel... that comes through... my tiny unused brain"

Got it.

Thanks, potato!

In Other News:

This just in! MK is the secret head of the Neo-Hegemony that's controlling Planet Bob through their Invisible Hand of Chaos invariably forcing stagnation of the political scene through their dominant treaty reset dominance something darkside!

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1286316185' post='2476358']
Wait, let me get that down...

"repeat inane drivel... that comes through... my tiny unused brain"

Got it.

Thanks, potato!

In Other News:

This just in! MK is the secret head of the Neo-Hegemony that's controlling Planet Bob through their Invisible Hand of Chaos invariably forcing stagnation of the political scene through their dominant treaty reset dominance something darkside!
[/quote]

You'll also need bad grammar/spelling. And complete lack of logic. Having been in a one man alliance might help too.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286316407' post='2476361']
You'll also need bad grammar/spelling. And complete lack of logic. Having been in a one man alliance might help too.
[/quote]
He can keep the spellcheck if he's looking to imitate Schatt or RV. :ehm:

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286315630' post='2476346']
[/quote]

For a minute I thought you might be talking about yourself there. If you are you might have been too generous on the brain bit. Now go back to trying to be "relevant" as you so eloquently put it.

Now ontopic, the bit about VE or more specifically goldie talking about PC in that leak is pretty interesting. :ph34r:

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286320923' post='2476450']
For a minute I thought you might be talking about yourself there. If you are you might have been too generous on the brain bit. Now go back trying to be "relevant" as you so eloquently put it.
[/quote]

The difference between him and you is that he doesn't need to try. Honestly your comeback comes down to "stop talking about yourself!". Of course your use of a 3rd grade debate template is probably a step up for you.

[quote]VE could be a stabilizing presence for them, a way to help them get out of diplomatic jams with those with whom they have no relation with but we do, and a guiding light for them to act differently in regard to how they raid.[/quote]

I find this line funny as well. VE getting the Messiah complex to be a guiding light for people.

[quote]This action will make VE the largest member of the largest bloc in the game. Our influence would increase, but so would the target we'd be painting on our backs. The new era of politics we would be bringing CN in to would be an exciting one, one that hopefully breaks some of the stagnation the world faces. I want VE to be right there front and center.[/quote]

And the real motivation behind all of this, political expedience to increase their influence while bringing a new era of politics to CN. Stuck on yourself much?

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1286321226' post='2476459']
The difference between him and you is that he doesn't need to try. Honestly your comeback comes down to "stop talking about yourself!". Of course your use of a 3rd grade debate template is probably a step up for you.
[/quote]

ahahaha that's one mighty burn there. Now come back when you have something better. Or better yet don't and spare us your drivel Mr "I have been Anti Pacifican all my life I swear!!1!"

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286321498' post='2476467']
ahahaha that's one mighty burn there. Now come back when you have something better. Or better yet don't and spare us your drivel Mr "I have been Anti Pacifican all my life I swear!!1!"
[/quote]

The best you have is "I don't like that you made fun of me" and then throw out a random pseudo insult?

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1286322038' post='2476476']
The best you have is "I don't like that you made fun of me" and then throw out a random pseudo insult?
[/quote]

And the best you have is riding the bandwagon of whoever's in power.

Look we can't all change our bad habits. Just sayin'

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286322111' post='2476477']
And the best you have is riding the bandwagon of whoever's in power.

Look we can't all change our bad habits. Just sayin'
[/quote]

I'm starting to think you have a crush on me. Following me into other threads and posting off topic accusations? That's funny. Really, if you want to continue this conversation feel free to post a rebuttal to my last post in that thread in which I once again proved you wrong. Have fun!