Alliance theme?

Mason

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1285464118' post='2464737']
I'm not familiar with Paradox games.
[/quote]

More specifically: Paradox Interactive. The makers of Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Europa Universalis, etc. game lines.

TOP originated in the Paradox Plaza (the Paradox Interactive forums) and were a direct immigration. However, the alliance itself is more based on the Knights Hospitaller given the naming conventions used in the government, etc.

Here's some new ideas to base alliances off of:

Bootleggers
Justin Bieber Fans
Cleveland Indians
Mormons
Devotees of the Timecube
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
People mad at the ending of the Sopranos
District Attorneys

Credit me when you use them.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1285559066' post='2465789']
I think it would be supercool if someone started the first/only CN-themed alliance, like, you could start an alliance centered around veneration of moderator.
[/quote]

I was actually just thinking this the other day when the cult of xander launched... the idea of a cult of admin would be unique. Basicly take an extremist christian sect and replace the words God / Jesus with the words Admin and deciples with Mods and you could have some real fun. you could even put in some time to build a 10 commandments with direct quotes from Admin over the years. lol!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1285559066' post='2465789']
I think it would be supercool if someone started the first/only CN-themed alliance, like, you could start an alliance centered around veneration of moderator.
[/quote]

Looks like you were a touch too subtle on this one; I guess this means the cult needs to do more proselytizing.

[quote name='Sparhawk' timestamp='1285471021' post='2464845']
We have an Imperial Guard alliance but I would like to see other races too, especially a Chaos alliance
[/quote]

Chaos is amazing though Dark Eldar or Eldar would be interesting

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1285472374' post='2464864']
I'm very aware, but Space Marines ftw. :P
[/quote]

Blood Angels the best :D

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1285472726' post='2464867']
Blood for the blood god.
[/quote]

LET THE GALAXY BURN!

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1285502960' post='2465097']
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
[/quote]

Kairn is a badass.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1285463222' post='2464730']
Need more Warhammer 40K/Dawn of War Alliances. :P
[/quote]
This would be awesome to see.
I think halo would work as someone mentioned, if they did more than just a halo name. Different ranks relating to ranks in the game. It would be cool to see a Covenant themed alliance.

I always had two themes in my mind if i ever wanted to branch out and create something myself. The first theme idea would be a Filipino theme based on the Filipino nationalist movement, the Katipunan. The second is a theme based on Chinese triads or Three Harmonies Society (Sanhehui). Needless to say neither idea ever came close to fruition.

Edited by Cataduanes

I want to see an elaborate battle star galactica themed alliance, Complete with 12 colonies and a fleet. Perhaps Make the Colonial Fleet the Bloc, and then numerous alliances or battle stars with separate ranks in each battlestar (alliance) and then the leader of the alliance and their cabinet would be stationed on the flag ship (alliance) in which they would also be like the Admiral and of the other X amount of alliances. However once you enter into Colonial Fleet the Admiral has full command. So in a since 1 group of people are running several alliances at once time in which the alliances have somewhat say so in their alliance (ships) Commanders. And perhaps you could have a entrance system to where anyone could enter into the program. Just an idea I rather like. I have seen similar setups in other games which I think prove to be rather effective. Plus I believe you have more people doing more stuff opposed to just having one large alliance... fact of the matter is I am an experienced person... but I dont want to sit back and be a cruddy Deputy Minister... so what if more people who want to lead had that opportunity, in a since you would have numerous ministers of recruitment, Finance and so on... not to mention different people have different connections. Far more people could be reached as a result. I would however suggest that the people you set as Commanders would be very loyal people you have trust in. But yes if you would like to talk more to me on this idea and my; opinions on this then message me and let me know. I can share more view points.

I'd like to see a theme that actually follows how the game is played. You have all these Roman, Mongol, Greek themes, but hell, I can't imagine a ancient roman nuke. I like the themes the Orders go with. I like the alliances themed around colors. Vault 99 is a great one too, because it reflects the post-apocalyptic nature of CN.

Aside from those, none of them really turn me on. Most themes are more of a fashion thing than RP. IMO, even a weak theme like GATO, GOONS, \m/, TDO, etc fit in far better with the RP than a Matrix theme. Or hey, at least I'd like to see people sticking to their themes. No point to having some democratic theme if everyone is going to jump into communism during a war.

I think the Night's Watch from the A Song of Ice and Fire Series, would make a pretty good theme for a CN alliance. The way the Night's Watch is organized would translate to CN pretty well.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1285477643' post='2464916']
I would like to see an alliance based around Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. There are tons of groups within that universe that you could model an alliance off of.
[/quote]
Yup.

[quote name='Cesar Julian' timestamp='1286120167' post='2472996']
I'm surprised a Harry Potter theme alliance never came up considering the mega huge amount of fans the series has.
[/quote]

I think Hocus Pocus used that theme.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1285464897' post='2464743']
I think there is a reason for some alliances being able to get things done better than others, but that's another story.
[/quote]

Care to share? You [i]know[/i] you want to.