The Mostly Harmless R&R Accords

Cable77

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283674253' post='2442449']
There seems to be more behind the hurt shown here by C&G than a broken treaty. Its as naive to believe that that treaty was never going to end as it was to write it. If ODN can get a new start then MHA should too. Why the hurt C&G?

Congrats on the treaty.
[/quote]
It's probably more disbelief that an alliance would sign with MHA, who's broken two nigh unbreakable treaties. It doesn't make sense.

Congrats to the two of you. May your treaty last long and may you both prosper.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1283676128' post='2442465']
It's probably more disbelief that an alliance would sign with MHA, who's broken two nigh unbreakable treaties. It doesn't make sense.

Congrats to the two of you. May your treaty last long and may you both prosper.
[/quote]

Well one unbreakable treaty. The other was cancelled by Karma and, from views expressed in this thread, not exactly with regrets from the other party. Though there is still the question of why others (specifically the previously-named "Optional" Defense Network, who are now in CnG) can be given a fresh start and not MHA? I mean, there's no eternal treaty here, no long cancellation clause, no sucking up to a bigger alliance. We're displaying all the indications of a changing alliance and yet they still use history to criticize us? Just saying it aloud sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?

Edit; Forgot to say thank you for the congrats, as well.

Edited by Rugby

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1283677120' post='2442470']
Well one unbreakable treaty. The other was cancelled by Karma and, from views expressed in this thread, not exactly with regrets from the other party. [b]Though there is still the question of why others (specifically the previously-named "Optional" Defense Network, who are now in CnG) can be given a fresh start and not MHA? [/b]I mean, there's no eternal treaty here, no long cancellation clause, no sucking up to a bigger alliance. We're displaying all the indications of a changing alliance and yet they still use history to criticize us? Just saying it aloud sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?
[/quote]
Direction? You are clearly moving towards SF and If a SG split happens in the future it will leave them without the top alliance.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1283666685' post='2442316']
Hells yeah I'll take that. Loser has to apologize for their misconceptions. Wanna shake on it?
[/quote]

I'll take the wager, but I only apologize to those I respect so that's obviously not on the table.

It is what the doctor ordered-- more treaties up in here.

On a side note;
[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1283664842' post='2442273']Well I hope the Order can find a way to stop tripping over their multiple [s]faces[/s] positions.[/quote]
OMG, this just IN--- members of NPO do not have one mind to think with!!! More development later on.

You could have as easily commented on multiple positive responses from NPO members prior to one negative, that of Bilrow.
There is no uniform opinion towards MHA in the Order and one shall not be forced. That has nothing to do with tripping over one self.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1283645771' post='2441908']
Needs a longer cancellation clause.
[/quote]

Yeah ok man we were naive enough to think writing two eternal treaties with alliances who were at the time our best friends yet seemed to hate each other. And would not rest till one or the other was destroyed. And while it was very one sided in that sense it did end up happened in a round about way (See gre involvement in KARMA).

At least give us a break to try and right our ship. If you guys can seem to let ODN slide why not take a break, lie in a hammock and drink a delicious pan galactic gargle blaster.

Heh I didn't see this one coming. Congratulations to both of you!

Edit: Azrael, we (Grämlins) may not have liked NPO, and the eternal treaties (both of them) were stupid, but we respected your (MHA's) friendship with them and it's not really accurate to say we 'would not rest till one or the other was destroyed'. We didn't engage them in Karma after all. That's all rather in the past at this point though.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Azrael Alexander' timestamp='1283697104' post='2442576']
At least give us a break to try and right our ship. If you guys can seem to let ODN slide why not take a break, lie in a hammock and drink a delicious pan galactic gargle blaster.
[/quote]
My feelings towards MHA are neutral, but I've seen this argument several times now. ODN took flak for a long time. You will too. Instead of telling people to stop, just continue on with business as usual and let the peanut gallery be the peanut gallery.

[quote name='Cable77' timestamp='1283645141' post='2441884']
[b] Article VII: We're finding new trees! (Cancellation)[/b]
Since this may not work out forever, we’re both open to the other finding a new set of trees somewhere else, however, if one of us does want to find a new set of trees somewhere else, then they have to tell the other 48 hours in advance that way they can find a new hammock partner.
[/quote]

And here I thought you guys were getting good at canceling without these.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283674253' post='2442449']
There seems to be more behind the hurt shown here by C&G than a broken treaty. Its as naive to believe that that treaty was never going to end as it was to write it. If ODN can get a new start then MHA should too. Why the hurt C&G?

Congrats on the treaty.
[/quote]
You can be pretty ridiculous sometimes man. C&G does not want MHA and it is merely baffling to everyone (including NPO if you'd open your damn eyes) that someone would sign with them. Also, ODN had a new start a while after its asshattery. MHA dumped Harmlins barely any time ago. Their betrayal is still quite fresh.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283652637' post='2442019']
Exactly what I thought.

Also congrats R&R for attach you to a dead weight.
[/quote]

I'd prefer having a 'dead weight' ally than one who repeatedly $%&@ed me over. You are in no position to comment on what makes a good ally. Congratulations, R&R. :)

[quote]There seems to be more behind the hurt shown here by C&G than a broken treaty. Its as naive to believe that that treaty was never going to end as it was to write it. If ODN can get a new start then MHA should too. Why the hurt C&G?

Congrats on the treaty.[/quote]

All I see here are people commenting on the treaty/MHA. I don't see any "hurt" here..

[quote]Alternatively, it could just be the one you [i]sit[/i] in the hammock with that has caused this issue. [/quote]

Indeed.

[quote]At least give us a break to try and right our ship. If you guys can seem to let ODN slide why not take a break, lie in a hammock and drink a delicious pan galactic gargle blaster. [/quote]

What? That's not how this works. People will continue to mock you for your bad decisions (decisions you keep making to this very day). Stop doing the things that people criticize you for and eventually the criticism will stop.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1283706198' post='2442723']
You can be pretty ridiculous sometimes man. C&G does not want MHA and it is merely baffling to everyone (including NPO if you'd open your damn eyes) that someone would sign with them. Also, ODN had a new start a while after its asshattery. MHA dumped Harmlins barely any time ago. Their betrayal is still quite fresh.
[/quote]
I dont understand your time scales sometimes. Whats the difference between this and the last minute jump Sparta made giving them [b]instant absolution [/b]for all their crimes. Why do some alliances like MHA have have a longer timescale than Sparta. Hypocrisy. I like your attempt to switch the focus off the MK butt hurt and on to me from the beginning of your post. Its a fairly common tactic by you when you decide to respond to a post I made.

I get it, its nothing to you guys you are wigging out for no reason on this.