The Mostly Harmless R&R Accords

Cable77

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1283706198' post='2442723']
You can be pretty ridiculous sometimes man. C&G does not want MHA and it is merely baffling to everyone (including NPO if you'd open your damn eyes) that someone would sign with them. Also, ODN had a new start a while after its asshattery. MHA dumped Harmlins barely any time ago. Their betrayal is still quite fresh.
[/quote]

Tell me you'd keep a treaty with Ramirus (who had been advocating paperless anyways) that was eternal, and signed by old government (back when Gramlins were cool). MHA stuck with them even when they were pulling their unconditional surrender story. Gramlins is practically dead, and not even remotely close to the same alliance they once were. Eternal treaties are dumb, and MHA wasn't thinking too far ahead when they signed back then (hey, they learned, and aren't signing those treaties anymore! Case and point here)), but it's not as if MHA left Gramlins out to dry before a war, it came after.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283698983' post='2442593']
Heh I didn't see this one coming. Congratulations to both of you!

Edit: Azrael, we (Grämlins) may not have liked NPO, and the eternal treaties (both of them) were stupid, but we respected your (MHA's) friendship with them and it's not really accurate to say we 'would not rest till one or the other was destroyed'. We didn't engage them in Karma after all. That's all rather in the past at this point though.
[/quote]

Bob, at no point did I say that. I meant that ws the way we saw it and it seemed liked the ideal solution to stop any of you coming to blows. My look at karma reference note was merely a not to your (Grämlins) involvement in the running of Karma's military action. I probably worded it badly though.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1283704503' post='2442682']
My feelings towards MHA are neutral, but I've seen this argument several times now. ODN took flak for a long time. You will too. Instead of telling people to stop, just continue on with business as usual and let the peanut gallery be the peanut gallery.
[/quote]

We are but there does seem to be a large increase of anti-hitchhiker sentiment and one get's the feeling that if we as an alliance just ignore and don't even attempt to defend or own up to or past mistakes then it could easily turn to resentment and an incorrect representation of the MHA being plastered all over these forums. We'll take our share of flak but if you expect my fellow hitchhiker not to get annoyed by the likes of Crymson evidently looking to get a rise out of our members. Then you'll have to keep hearing the same argument again and again.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283664548' post='2442265']
I can understand once downtrodden alliances befriending the MHA out of respect for your amoebic place in the world, and even those who gaze at your raw numbers, but what great (former or current) alliance would ever ally with the MHA [i]now[/i]? The MHA may have the paper stats for the next bloc war planning, but it is up there with the most severely lacking in anything meaningful alliances ever.

The most notable thing about this treaty is it is yet another example of the MHA presenting itself as another lesser alliance's meatshields.
[/quote]

This post made me laugh :)

First, if you think we need to treaty alliances to be our meatshields you haven't really taken a look at our treaties or our way of doing things i imagine?

Second less then a week ago we where called an alliance that only exists to be a meatshield and now we're getting our own.. moving up in the world :P

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1283670748' post='2442394']
This analogy involving hammocks is really !@#$@#$ annoying. What everyone is trying to say is, RnR why in the hell would you sign with an alliance that has proven it cant even follow its UNBREAKABLE treaties? The fact that people still sign with this alliance is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Personally I understand how someone thinks of an unbreakable treaty, but breaking it isn't the worst thing in my mind. Alliances change and positions in the treaty web change constantly. an unbreakable treaty in the end just proved to be something that wasn't possible. Or would you stay treatied to someone when the love is gone and you can't even see eye to eye anymore?

For me the cancellation of the Harmlin treaty was never an issue when getting to know or treatying MHA.

o/ MHA
o/ us

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283710250' post='2442804']
I dont understand your time scales sometimes. Whats the difference between this and the last minute jump Sparta made giving them [b]instant absolution [/b]for all their crimes. Why do some alliances like MHA have have a longer timescale than Sparta. Hypocrisy. I like your attempt to switch the focus off the MK butt hurt and on to me from the beginning of your post. Its a fairly common tactic by you when you decide to respond to a post I made.

I get it, its nothing to you guys you are wigging out for no reason on this.
[/quote]
You call my a hypocrite is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard. If you think MK is butt hurt because we are not blessed enough to have MHA as an ally then you truly are delusional. We get it, you don't like us and you have a knack for stupid conspiracies, but you really are a handful sometimes when it comes to try to understand your mind.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1283732929' post='2443157']
Finally we agree on something.
[/quote]

That bad grammar is okay when it is used to insult a mutual enemy? :3

Congratulations RnR, you have effectively clogged up the treaty web with this treaty.
By virtue of who you've signed this MDP with, you have now taken responsibility for stagnation and are required to be berated for not being a beliggerent enough alliance. This of course comes from those alliances which have not benefitted well from said beliggerance, or worse, have even contributed an equal amount of "nothing," much to the chagrin of other alliances who state explicitly they care not for your own interests but only their own.

For great shame.

<3 RnR.
<3 MHA.

Edit, forgot to love myself.

Edited by caligula

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283666634' post='2442313']
See, your respectful reply to my intentionally rude questions absolutely epitomizes why I find your alliance so distasteful. All style, no substance would be the rudest way of putting it.[/quote]

What a world we live in where respect is considered a weakness.

[quote name='Max Cristof' timestamp='1283705294' post='2442698']
And here I thought you guys were getting good at canceling without these.
[/quote]

Oh no! MHA learned from a past mistake! We must be evil!

The haters can rage all you want. Don't blame us if it comes back to bite you in the behind. ;)

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1283730465' post='2443107']
You call my a hypocrite is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard. If you think MK is butt hurt because we are not blessed enough to have MHA as an ally then you truly are delusional. We get it, you don't like us and you have a knack for stupid conspiracies, but you really are a handful sometimes when it comes to try to understand your mind.
[/quote]
So you arent going to say why Sparta was quickly forgiven for far worse while you think its too soon for MK to forgive MHA for dropping 2 badly concieved treaties that had nothing to do with MK? They are as entitled to drop a treaty as you are to ditch your "friends" in Gramlins(who needs treaties, friends dont need them).

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283792886' post='2443972']
So you arent going to say why Sparta was quickly forgiven for far worse while you think its too soon for MK to forgive MHA for dropping 2 badly concieved treaties that had nothing to do with MK? They are as entitled to drop a treaty as you are to ditch your "friends" in Gramlins(who needs treaties, friends dont need them).
[/quote]
My alliance doesn't hold a treaty with Sparta, so no I can't comment on how we've "forgiven" them, considering we don't hold a treaty with the alliance. Secondly, I don't speak for MK, I merely speak for myself when I say I hope MK does not sign a treaty with MHA after what they've done. Thirdly, you constantly change your tune depending on where alliances lie in relation to C&G. You go from hating MHA for being cowards to claiming that we should forgive them because in your mind they are now opposed to C&G by being connected to SF (which makes no sense just fyi). You claim that I changed my mind about Sparta too quickly while you base 90% of your judgement calls on alliances on whether they are opposed to MK and C&G at the time.

[quote]
This thread gives me hope that NPO and CnG can come together as friends, and bond over a mutual stomping of MHA.

I will join MK if this happens.
[/quote]
I thought you got that jealousy over not being #1 out of your system when you used Q to take down the GPA? CnG isn't stupid.

I will join the UPN if that happens.

Congrats MHA and RnR, both fine alliances. Mistakes were made in the past, we've all been there.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283792886' post='2443972']
[/quote]
:smug:

I lump Sparta & MHA in one cluster in terms of excellence. (Hint: It's not very high on that scale at all actually.)

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1283786943' post='2443833']
This thread gives me hope that NPO and CnG can come together as friends, and bond over a mutual stomping of MHA.

I will join MK if this happens.
[/quote]

As long as I get to fight you again, because I recall how that went last time. B-)

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1283795925' post='2444050']
I thought you got that jealousy over not being #1 out of your system when you used Q to take down the GPA? CnG isn't stupid.
[/quote]
Dilber's dislike of MHA goes back to quite a bit before they were the #1 alliance.

Also, he's now in the #72 alliance. I don't think being in the #1 alliance matters that much to him.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1283664842' post='2442273']
Well I hope the Order can find a way to stop tripping over their multiple [s]faces[/s] positions.

Anyway, this is not about the past, this is about our future with R&R.
[/quote]

A future with r&r isn't a bad one. Congrats on the treaty.

Obligatory :(( ego :((