Best future alliance. (no poll)

memoryproblems

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1283606990' post='2441321']only to say that the day Basketball Ninjas make their mark in a war or grow to more significant heights politically you will all see just how incredible of an alliance they are.

My runner up would probably be Nordreich seeing what they have done is quite impressive as well.

TPE impressed me a lot early on, but the tR/FnKA stuff seems to have taken a slight drawback to their overall power, I'm still watching them with great interest.
[/quote]

I agree with your pick, the Basketball Ninjas. A small but very active alliance and highly organized. They obviously have great potential, and I look forward to seeing more of BN in the future. I've also heard great things about NoR and their military prowess during the last war, and they are making a name for themselves.

Thanks, and Thank God that the tR/TPE/FnKa drama is past us. Not one of my favorite times of playing this game tbh. But we'll try not to disappoint.

Edited by KingEd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1283622704' post='2441540']
R&R obviously. I mean, half the planet is knowingly under our control, and the other half just hasn't realized it yet.
[/quote]

stealthy, i know you want to say NoR because I'm there

If this is OOC:

I'd like to think that there is a war that causes several sanctioned/larger alliances to disband. (I'm hoping the victors will be Pacifica and a group of medium-sized alliances) I would like to see something new happen.

It appears that the results of the Karma War have been mediocre at best.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1283626769' post='2441603']
If this is OOC:

I'd like to think that there is a war that causes several sanctioned/larger alliances to disband. ([b]I'm hoping the victors will be Pacifica[/b] and a group of medium-sized alliances) I would like to see something new happen.

It appears that the results of the Karma War have been mediocre at best.
[/quote]
You realize what you said and who your allies are?

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1283632925' post='2441679']
Ya, that's why I said it was OOC. It would be more fun to be on the losing side and help build a force against the enemy with my friends.
[/quote]
Smack yourself...if you still think this way then keep doing it - EDIT: It wasnt till AFTER i posted i looked at who said such insanity..it all makes sense now

On topic, I dont know too many people from NoR but they seem likely to grow to sanction pending the outcome of the Christmas war weve been predicting for years

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1283632925' post='2441679']
Ya, that's why I said it was OOC. It would be more fun to be on the losing side and help build a force against the enemy with my friends.
[/quote]

As somebody who hasn't been on the winning side of a war since 2006 (that was GW1), (lost GWII, GWIII with NAAC, was in FIST when NpO attacked them, Echelon for Karma and Bi-Polar), its not as fun as you might think, frustrating more like it.

[quote name='ratonbox' timestamp='1283778332' post='2443713']
Not taking us or any ally in consideration (in order to avoid bias), I'd say GOONS are the most likely to grow into a large an influential alliance. (unless they do something stupid :awesome:)
[/quote]

The main problem of GOONS is that the only way they exerce their influence is to do something stupid.

I'd agree with most of the alliance given here, although I am not familiar with Basketball Ninjas so I can't truly give an opinion on them. If I were to add one more alliance to the list it would be TFD. They're not new by any standards, but they seem to be competant, growing, at least moderately well respected. They have their own little power sphere in the PnL Train. To say the least, they're interesting, and I imagine that should a C&G/SF split come, they might rather ironically get thrust into the place of kingmaker, as throwing PnL train to one side or the other could possibly be a deciding factor in such a close war. But thats all vague conjecture

imo ronin is one of the best smaller up and coming alliances out there. They've been pretty sheltered/overshadowed by their protectors, but they have really solid leaders at the helm, a tight knit active community, and have gathered about themselves a stable and close group of allies to help them grow and gain influence. Watch out for these guys

Aside from being biased, I know that DRAGON will have much success.
Best recruiting alliance of 2009? UPN right? Well not exactly just UPN, moreso just Abdur, Ragwing, and maybe 1 other person. Well the 2 mentioned like to make my life hell and have great tactics. Once our finance is very stable, I expect to see tremendous growth from DRAGON in a very short time.

[quote name='Thissstupid' timestamp='1283834146' post='2444897']
Aside from being biased, I know that DRAGON will have much success.
Best recruiting alliance of 2009? UPN right? Well not exactly just UPN, moreso just Abdur, Ragwing, and maybe 1 other person. Well the 2 mentioned like to make my life hell and have great tactics. Once our finance is very stable, I expect to see tremendous growth from DRAGON in a very short time.
[/quote]
GATO beat UPN's recruitment in 2009 :P

Edit: But sure second best. Go DRAGON!

Edited by Politician

Since everyone voted GOONS, I'm going with GATO or R&R. But GOONS has quite a bit more political influence (good or not) and better leadership this time around. They've also got a more united culture.