War Ends

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282685817' post='2429881']
Again, we signed it to reflect that we were no longer at war with the NSO. If you want to pretend that there is an asterisk next to our names, feel free.
[/quote]
We were presented terms on behalf of all four alliances and said this is what it would take to end the war. At no point was it said "this is what VE/GOD/RnR need to end the war and RoK is just here to chill and watch."

You are free to say whatever you want about what you would have done if we hadn't agreed to the terms, but it was very clear that these were terms offered, in part, by and for RoK and required for RoK's exit. Every word and every action in the conversation last night pointed towards that situation.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal for you, it seems an awfully trivial point to spend pages disputing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282685568' post='2429876']
Except you have no idea what would have happened should the war have continued with no statement signed last night ...
[/quote]

Indeed I don't. I assume the war would have continued and been even worse for my friends in the NSO. But I'm here to argue against the policy of giving your allies free reign to demand whatever they want and to drag your minor conflict on as long as they want. At this scale of warfare and given the way your allies entered it is your war to end, not theirs. Your policy should be to take responsibility for the entirety of a war of this type. Anything else would be very poor form.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282686167' post='2429891']
I'm not sure why this is such a big deal for you, it seems an awfully trivial point to spend pages disputing.
[/quote]

When an alliance accuses you of "lying", especially when you just did everything you could to end a conflict in a timely manner instead of watching them get stomped into oblivion, you usually feel the urge to defend yourself.

If there is a next time we will just step aside and let you get rolled. On top of that, with the Sith running around claiming this was a victory of some sort, I can completely understand why alliances hesitate to grant you peace at all.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282686333' post='2429893']
Indeed I don't. I assume the war would have continued and been even worse for my friends in the NSO.[/quote]

It would have been, yes. But not for the reasons that you might think ...

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282686693' post='2429901']
It would have been, yes. But not for the reasons that you might think ...
[/quote]

No need to be elusive here. What are you talking about? And do you disagree with my point? You've mostly ignited it for two posts now.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282687073' post='2429914']
No need to be elusive here. What are you talking about? And do you disagree with my point? You've mostly ignited it for two posts now.
[/quote]

Basically, we should have stepped aside and let the NSO burn. Apparently this would have made the CN masses happier and they would have felt that was more just ... the NSO included.

Edited by Van Hoo III

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282687300' post='2429925']
Basically, we should have stepped aside and let the NSO burn. Apparently this would have made the CN masses happier and they would have felt that was more just ... the NSO included.
[/quote]

It certainly would have made the would-be moralists happier. Would've given them a leg to stand on, too.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282687731' post='2429942']
It certainly would have made the would-be moralists happier. Would've given them a leg to stand on, too.
[/quote]

Nah, you know damn well they will find a way to complain about that too.

"How [b]dare[/b] RoK step aside and let the NSO let die!"

Like I said, next time you guys can burn for all I care. We'll step aside and make it happen.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282687300' post='2429925']
[/quote]

I disagree. I do wish you would have addressed my original question however. But I know when I'm being ignored. Have a nice day, and don't make the mistake of thinking that you are bigger than you are. Letting an alliance burn, no matter how unpopular it is, is no small order and if done shows a weakness of character.

[quote name='Taget' timestamp='1282688023' post='2429952']
I believe it is peace in our time.
[/quote]

Indeed, I can only sense nothing but the fact that it is the calm before the massive storm that is brewing approaching.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282688081' post='2429955']
Nah, you know damn well they will find a way to complain about that too.

"How [b]dare[/b] RoK step aside and let the NSO let die!"

Like I said, next time you guys can burn for all I care. We'll step aside and make it happen.
[/quote]

As long as they aren't in defending you on your request, so be it. The accountability is then theirs - not yours.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282688097' post='2429956']
I disagree. I do wish you would have addressed my original question however. But I know when I'm being ignored. Have a nice day, and don't make the mistake of thinking that you are bigger than you are. Letting an alliance burn, no matter how unpopular it is, is no small order and if done shows a weakness of character.
[/quote]

You're missing the fact that I [b]didn't[/b] let an alliance burn this time.

It is okay though, lesson learned. The NSO can sit in eternal war next time for all I care.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282688482' post='2429967']
[/quote]

:wub: Thank you Hoo. You're the bestest bestest ever.

Is that what you're wanting to hear?

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282688576' post='2429969']
:wub: Thank you Hoo. You're the bestest bestest ever.

Is that what you're wanting to hear?
[/quote]

Despite the obvious sarcasm, it is certainly more accurate than the crap you have been posting previously.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282688482' post='2429967']

It is okay though, lesson learned. The NSO can sit in eternal war next time for all I care.
[/quote]

Actually I did not. Good job to you. You however learned the wrong lesson and I fault you for it. No alliance deserves to die. That you think so is not a good thing.

[quote name='Xerxer' timestamp='1282689026' post='2429975']
Some do.
[/quote]

I can think of two small alliances who I severely dislike but that just makes me a bully. :( Anyways, wouldn't harm them unless they deserved it. :ph34r:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282628010' post='2428941']
[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/CurbStompFail.png[/img]

Very poor indeed. Combined, you're coalition suffered more losses.
[/quote]
This made my day.

The terms only made peace. It doesn't mean that all of us actually believe or agree with them. But we shall have peace. For now.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282689789' post='2429994']
This made my day.

The terms only made peace. It doesn't mean that all of us actually believe or agree with them. But we shall have peace. For now.
[/quote]

Turtle less next time, 'Nando. ;)

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282690143' post='2430000']
I'll take you 1v1 any day you want. 6 wars, I'm turtling. 1v1, I'll rip you.
[/quote]

I had six wars also ... yet, I didn't turtle. All in good fun anyway, 'Nando. I just prefer an actual fight when attacked. :P

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282690259' post='2430004']
I had six wars also ... yet, I didn't turtle. All in good fun anyway, 'Nando. I just prefer an actual fight when attacked. :P
[/quote]
You're also the coward that had to bring in more alliances to face us. 1v1, we'd rip RoK.