War Ends

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282639591' post='2429258']
So your saying you would sign your name to something you don't agree with to save some pixels?

..[/quote]Information I've seen, regarding dealing with the Orders, seem to indicate one fundamental similarity between the three: at times they have appeared to express the behavioral patterns of Machiavellian power play, with no respect to truth, when disrespecting the truth seems expedient to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they claimed their surrender to be "an effective standstill."

Oh wait.

I wonder what RoK would have done if NSO rejected the terms. Who's to say they don;t walk away and leave VE, GOD, RnR, and TENE to get a beer review out of NSO? Can we really speculate what they would have done? Now I get NSO's ire on the terms thing. RoK says they'd walk away but NSO is confronted with do this or war keeps going. Not really the same thing. I didn't see Hoo make any promises as to what their allies would do. So I dunno if I'm ready to call RoK liars just yet. I guess it would have made everyone feel better if there was the posted bit signed by everyone but RoK and then a line that said RoK doesn't want anything signed by RoK. Is that really where we are here? It all seems rather trivial from both sides.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1282645573' post='2429283']
About time. Seriously a waste a pixels, if there ever were one...
[/quote]

Agreed. Now for another 60-70 pages on peace perhaps?

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1282640491' post='2429263']
1. NSO are away now without paying one cent in reparations. Which is pretty much the point they wanted to make. A forced apology is exactly that; forced. NSO made their point well and clear, continuing would be pointless, RoK made their point well and clear, continuing for them would be pointless too. Get a brain, and educate yourself already. The war is over, get over it.

2. If you truly believed what you said to us, RoK would probably still be at war with TPF. Don't even try to spill that crap, RoK is far from perfect.
[/quote]

best post...

quoted for truth... both sides made there point.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282626348' post='2428832']
The following is what NSO was told to agree to in order to bring an end to the conflict known as the 6 Million Dollar War:
[/quote]

I see what you did there.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1282636128' post='2429231']
This isn't a termless peace. To ask your opponent to surrender, in order for him to receive peace, is already a term in itself. We're far from that.

When the victors force the defeated to publicly humiliate themselves by adhering to a version they do not believe in, it is a most serious term. It is obviously the case here, as evidenced by the countless posts from NSO. While I'm not NSO, I'd prefer to pay dozen of thousand of technology units (or a few billions in cash) in reparations rather than admit that I was wrong if I know it is a lie.

I thought forced apologies were a thing of the past. It seems they're still good, as long as they are asked of entire alliances...
[/quote]
Only in the post-Karma world are otherwise intelligent people willing to make ludicrous arguments like this. The victors demanded NSO accept responsibility for their actions. How [i]dare[/i] they.

This thread is a tragedy.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282651016' post='2429312']
Only in the post-Karma world are otherwise intelligent people willing to make ludicrous arguments like this. The victors demanded NSO accept responsibility for their actions. How [i]dare[/i] they.

This thread is a tragedy.
[/quote]
I wholeheartedly agree. To think of how horrible this new Hegemony is.

Edited by Smooth

Good to see peace, although not good to see attempts at revisionism [i]already[/i]. (No, you didn't fight us to an effective stalemate, you got rolled and you lost badly. That sort of crap is exactly why the terms needed to have a clear statement that you lost, because you've already got a reputation as revisionists.)

The complaining about what Hoo said is rather petty. I guess you could technically e-lawyer your way to calling it a lie, but you have no material terms, and things would have been much the same had Ragnarok followed the exact literal meaning of his words and left GOD, VE and R&R to get you to sign a surrender. If you thought you were going to escape from the war without accepting that you surrendered and taking some responsibility for the actions that led to war, then that was rather a silly thing to believe.

Hopefully now everyone realises that they shouldn't aid rogues in active wars.

I find all this talk of the other side saying, "hopefully we can move on, good luck NSO..." talk somewhat cute. I, for one, also look forward to Rampag3 getting ZI'd in the near future. If a rogue would like to hit him, I'll be sue to aid him (rogue) with whatever I have left. :smug:

I think it's the old adage of, "forgive but never forget" that gets most alliances in this "karma" thing most of the time.

Anyways, that was just my rant now here's what I wanted to say:

NSO, thank you so much for letting me join temporarily. Considering my history in this game and all the rash and bad decisions I've made, this surely wasn't one of them. The talk, aid and just in general everything made this for a great experience, you are a fun alliance that is good at what it does. Thanks for having me, this is something I won't soon forget as I go back to obscurity. Continue doing what you're doing and continue being NSO, it's an awesome thing.

o7 NSO

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1282627835' post='2428931']
I will be happy to point all of your alliances to a number of nations that need to work on learning to attack properly if you want. You should probably let everyone know to not send 20 bombers on a bombing raid, at the very least.
[/quote]

Hush hush. That tactic provides me with great amusement, and gives me the drive to go on. :P

I, for one, am disgusted and appalled and shocked and flabbergasted and stunned and mortified and sickened by these harsh terms and Hoo's total disregard for civilized diplomacy. I stand firmly beside my friends in NSO and their allies in expressing our absolute disgust for such disgraceful actions. Thank Admin there are still decent men (and women!) on Planet Bob who are willing to fight tooth and nail against such atrocious acts.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1282654423' post='2429332']
I, for one, am disgusted and appalled and shocked and flabbergasted and stunned and mortified and sickened by these harsh terms and Hoo's total disregard for civilized diplomacy. I stand firmly beside my friends in NSO and their allies in expressing our absolute disgust for such disgraceful actions. Thank Admin there are still decent men (and women!) on Planet Bob who are willing to fight tooth and nail against such atrocious acts.
[/quote]
Daikos just get out of here. If anything you're more of NSO's puppy than friend.

Congratulations to our allies Ragnarok (and their allies, of course) on their victory.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282628980' post='2428992']
Where I come from, "There would be no terms, we'd just walk away." does not mean "You will copy and paste these exact words that I have written for you and agree to write a beer review, or we will continue to attack you." Being forced to do something in order to receive peace is, indeed, a term whether you'd like to admit it or not. But you go right on ahead and keep telling yourselves that your alliance didn't get caught in a lie. It's ok. We all know the truth now.
[/quote]

Calling what's in the OP "terms" is just stupid, since it's plain that the NSO doesn't mean a damn word of it anyway.

Now, don't you have a moral crusade somewhere to toddle off to, child?

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot....

I can't believe you guys actually took up my suggestion of a beer review.

+1 for me. Huzzah!

Edited by Ashoka the Great

o/ NSO

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282627399' post='2428909']
Oh lawdy look at them tech and cash reps...oh wait

Good show, RoK & co
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that after taking us down half of our NS over 6 mil, asking for 50 mil would turn nearly everyone against them on grounds of stupidity.

[quote name='Kaizer BoB' timestamp='1282627482' post='2428914']
And no im not congradulateing you on a good war nso just looking at all the infrastructure and land I won. >:)
[/quote]

You don't win infrastructure, genius.

Edited by Timtacious

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1282654778' post='2429335']
Daikos just get out of here. If anything you're more of NSO's puppy than friend.
[/quote]

Gosh. I come here and put myself in harms way to defend NSO against these horrible terms and this is all I get.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1282654778' post='2429335']
[/quote]

Gosh. I come here and put myself in harms way to defend NSO against these horrible terms and this is all I get.