War Ends

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1282628604' post='2428975']
The joke is on you SF. CD and her allies were going to declare tomorrow. Oh well, better luck provoking us next time.
[/quote]
Ha the jokes on you, CSN just pre-empted CD :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1282628967' post='2428991']
I don't believe the admission of fault, even though specifics of the actual admission are false, is the issue.

The review is simply a hold out of the last time GOD was a tag-a-long in a war against NSO and they didn't get it. It is a term. It may not be a term that is harsh or objectionable to some people but it is still a term, which is not what the leader of RoK, who claimed to be in charge, stated would be asked for.
[/quote]
I suppose. I don't think that really matters in the scope of things, but you are technically right.

Someone please put Pezstar back in her crib...grown folks talkin' here.

Look, I get that you guys are so dark and mysterious and tough, but you got no terms. Part of receiving peace when you are wrong and whipped is acknowledging your messup.

You got an admission and a beer review. That is it. Do try to be better at achieving peace than you were at avoiding war.

[b](warning, profanity)[/b] http://pastebin.com/W3dteXgr

Watching Xiphosis trying to act as a e-thug is always a hilarious sight. Keep trying bud one day you'll get there...or maybe not.

Edited by Manwe
Please post a disclaimer when linking to content that contains profanity.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1282628604' post='2428975']
The joke is on you SF. CD and her allies were going to declare tomorrow. Oh well, better luck provoking us next time.
[/quote]

SF, I am disappoint. We came this close to seeing CD's glorious war flag.

[ooc] It was my wall paper for nearly a month[/ooc]

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282629200' post='2428999']
The terms were very literally "You will agree to this or we will continue to attack you."
[/quote]

Just a bit of a side point, if you review your logs technically that was never said. There was no direct discussion of what would happen if the terms were rejected, nor any counter proposals of any type.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1282629310' post='2429003']

Look, I get that you guys are so dark and mysterious and tough, but [b]you got no terms[/b]. Part of receiving peace when you are wrong and whipped is acknowledging your messup.

You got an admission and [b]a beer review[/b]. That is it. Do try to be better at achieving peace than you were at avoiding war.
[/quote]
That is odd.

Just saying.

Look, I get that you guys are so dark and mysterious and tough, but you got no terms. Part of receiving peace when you are wrong and whipped is acknowledging your messup.

You got an admission and a beer review. That is it. Do try to be better at achieving peace than you were at avoiding war.
[/quote]

What does NSO will have to do nothing, we'll just walk away mean to you? I mean, I'm pretty sure I had to do something. Unless of course this entire thread doesn't exist.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1282629336' post='2429004']
http://pastebin.com/W3dteXgr

Watching Xiphosis trying to act as a e-thug is always a hilarious sight. Keep trying bud one day you'll get there...or maybe not.
[/quote]

He was mad that Hermione punched him in the third movie.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282629467' post='2429008']
Just a bit of a side point, if you review your logs technically that was never said. There was no direct discussion of what would happen if the terms were rejected, nor any counter proposals of any type.
[/quote]

You're kidding me right? Are you trying to argue that there is a difference between "If you agree to this, the war will stop" and "If you don't agree with this, the war will not stop."?

[/quote]

From the logs referenced above:

[quote]<Xiphosis[GOD]> Hoo is 1 of 4 leaders on this front. These are the terms we agreed to.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> You can agree to them or you can opt not to.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> Those are the options.[/quote]

This remark, coupled with the "grace and class" displayed by your colleague in that discussion implies otherwise.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282628774' post='2428983']
Nice try, but the specific wording was NOTHING would be expected of NSO. I don't know about you, but sitting in that room I sure felt as though something was expected of me. Might have been placing my signature on those terms or face a very very long war.
[/quote]

Perhaps the next time someone warns your alliance that they are committing an act of war you might take a moment and actually decide if its worth doing? If you commit an act of war as you acknowledged doing you cant exactly be shocked when you find yourself in one.

[/quote]

<Xiphosis[GOD]> We're not here to argue it. We're here to take your surrender or not.
<LintWad> More-over, I was under the impression the aid was the problem with this war
<Xiphosis[GOD]> If you want to turn this into a PR stunt, I'll kindly leave and we can continue.
<LintWad> Not everything which was listed above.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> If not, sign the damn terms.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> And quit crying like a child. You lead a !@#$@#$ alliance.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> Act like it for once.

I'm sorry, what?

[/quote]
We had to agree to say these things in order to achieve peace. That's the very definition of a term.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1282629336' post='2429004']
http://pastebin.com/W3dteXgr

[/quote]

Trying to get lintwad to peace out his alliance from being crushed as soon as possible and not argue over a beer review is truly the e-thug way.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282629649' post='2429018']
Perhaps the next time someone warns your alliance that they are committing an act of war you might take a moment and actually decide if its worth doing? If you commit an act of war as you acknowledged doing you cant exactly be shocked when you find yourself in one.
[/quote]
That is a good job of not addressing the point made whatsoever and going back to a subject that has been debated and argued relentlessly for weeks now.

[/quote]

Defense against allegations of lying?

AVOID IT ENTIRELY

BRAVO.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282629775' post='2429024']
Trying to get lintwad to peace out his alliance from being crushed as soon as possible and not argue over a beer review is truly the e-thug way.
[/quote]

Good to see that you agree.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1282629562' post='2429012']
What does NSO will have to do nothing, we'll just walk away mean to you? I mean, I'm pretty sure I had to do something. Unless of course this entire thread doesn't exist.
[/quote]

It doesn't mean that you won't admit wrongdoing and a beer review. In order to end a war you have to, I dunno, END the war. Too bad if you expected peace to be hand-delivered with no effort at ALL on your part.

I could have sworn in all those [OOC]movies[OOC] I never saw any Sith whine. You were tougher as a diplo Lintwad. I had hoped that after 2 weeks of war that Ivan would have issued you a pair. Apparently not.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1282629752' post='2429022']
<Xiphosis[GOD]> We're not here to argue it. We're here to take your surrender or not.
<LintWad> More-over, I was under the impression the aid was the problem with this war
<Xiphosis[GOD]> If you want to turn this into a PR stunt, I'll kindly leave and we can continue.
<LintWad> Not everything which was listed above.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> If not, sign the damn terms.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> And quit crying like a child. You lead a !@#$@#$ alliance.
<Xiphosis[GOD]> Act like it for once.

I'm sorry, what?
[/quote]

Read what I said closely. And yes, I know it's just an academic point to make :x

[/quote]

I acknowledge signing my name to a document that was written for me.