Worst Alliance Ever

Chickenzilla

[quote name='lawrence893' timestamp='1282524810' post='2427083']
Since the topic says worst alliance EVER, wheres GDI?
[/quote]
GDI has disbanded. Nominations were limited to alliances which are still operating.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1282528197' post='2427130']
I would like to see an Echelon v TSO grand final, but I don't think that's possible from the draw :(
[/quote]

Echelon will lose in one of the next few rounds, they just can't match up for WAE against some of the heavy hitters like UPN and Invictorectum.

TSO, on the other hand, is definitely still pushing through. I have them getting to the Final Four iirc.

I don't see why you people keep posting, or at least keep posting things other than "Sal's right. Discussion Over." I ended this thread on the second page. :smug:

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1282524812' post='2427084']
Whichever alliance has the highest percentage of members who actually use the term "Worst Alliance Ever" on a regular basis in a lame attempt to criticize others is, in fact, the [i]actually[/i] worst alliance ever.
[/quote]

Like if there was an alliance forum that filtered the word GATO to WAE?

Well that was stupid. What a waste of my time; the title should be "The most unpopular alliances as ranked by a few people who may or may not be clustered together in their biases. Also, they can't sit at our lunch table."

I would actually like to see some one tackle this idea from a more objective angle, using the scientific method and measurable benchmarks.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1282534843' post='2427219']
I would actually like to see some one tackle this idea from a more objective angle, using the scientific method and measurable benchmarks.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If you'd like, we could start a committee and settle this debate once and for all.[/color]

Whichever alliance has the highest percentage of members who actually use the term "Worst Alliance Ever" on a regular basis in a lame attempt to criticize others is, in fact, the [i]actually[/i] worst alliance ever.
[/quote]

Beats calling them Trashcan.

BAPS beating GOONS (or even in the same bracket at first?), UPN beating MA, Invicta beating TOP, USN even on this list?

What is this? Was someone on crack when they did this? Better yet, is there a ridiculous amount of vote rigging going on here?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282534946' post='2427222']
[color="#0000FF"]If you'd like, we could start a committee and settle this debate once and for all.[/color]
[/quote]

I'll start the vote to form the Admission Board to run the petitions to gather members of the exploratory subcommittee.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='RustyNail' timestamp='1282527396' post='2427118']
Any alliance nominated should be proud (some more so than other I'd dare say) because you are doing something right. If you are making everyone happy all the time, you are a lapdog and weakling and need to follow a certain Siths advice and just disband. However, if you are pissing people off and causing tongues to wag...yer doin it right my friends.

Note: The quality of said 'doin it right' is not indicative of a good alliance, just that they are not completely worthless. :smug:
[/quote]
To the contrary of your implication, Rusty, the reason many alliances got past the first round is [i]because[/i] they are considered lapdogs and weaklings. Notice that NPO, despite being an obvious target for disdain from those who frequent our forums, left in round one. NSO will likely fall to MHA by virtue of the fact that NSO's failures are the result of action, rather than inaction. Neutrals suffered intense scrutiny early on before falling aside to make space for non-neutral alliances that should probably just go ahead an call themselves neutral. This is not condemnation due to controversial action, but rather due to perceived incompetence, cowardice, lack of success, and length of existence (old failures edge new failures, all other factors held equal).

Not all criticism is to be worn as a badge.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1282535063' post='2427225']
BAPS beating GOONS (or even in the same bracket at first?), UPN beating MA, Invicta beating TOP, USN even on this list?

What is this? Was someone on crack when they did this? Better yet, is there a ridiculous amount of vote rigging going on here?
[/quote]

I tried to read your post seriously, but couldn't keep a straight face when you implied Invicta is a better alliance than TOP :mellow:

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1282535746' post='2427246']
I tried to read your post seriously, but couldn't keep a straight face when you implied Invicta is a better alliance than TOP :mellow:
[/quote]
My favourite bit is where he implied BAPS is a better alliance than GOONS.

[/quote]
Based on total membership percentage and defining 'regular basis' in relation to total overall frequency of dialogue, I guess that makes PPF the Worst Alliance Ever. :v:

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1282524718' post='2427082']
That would have been ironic. Worst poster posting a thread about who's the worst poster. I think the universe would have imploded.
[/quote]
Your obession with Penkala and CSN is borderline creepy, you should check into that

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1282537505' post='2427282']
Based on total membership percentage and defining 'regular basis' in relation to total overall frequency of dialogue, I guess that makes PPF the Worst Alliance Ever. :v:
[/quote]
Fact: RIA is the WORST ALLIANCE EVER.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1282539318' post='2427316']
How BAPS beat Wolfpack is a bit of a mystery. Obviously it's out of respect for Wolfpack's serious war-fighting skills... or something.
[/quote]

That's what puzzles me. Even if you don't like AlterEgo as a poster, BAPS are decent fighters and at least have more active nations than fingers on your hand. I couldn't say the same for WP.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1282539773' post='2427322']
That's what puzzles me. Even if you don't like AlterEgo as a poster, BAPS are decent fighters and at least have more active nations than fingers on your hand. I couldn't say the same for WP.
[/quote]

Ones and zeroes do not an alliance make. And there's more to being a quality alliance than activity- you have to not be !@#$ as well.

Edited by Kalasin