Friends with Your Enemies?

Aeternos Astramora

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would just like to know how rigid the sides are for individual nations. With alliances, you can tell from history if they have switched sides. However, it's hard to judge how many nations switch sides of the treaty web.

I have switched sides as a nation (IRON to Vox) and sort of as an alliance (Argent went from the Karma side to the ex-Heg, although it was more just how the war declarations worked out). I am also allied to a nation I have fought (VE declared on Argent in BPW) and sort of fought (IRON sanctioned me when I was in Vox, but now we're allied), and in the past, I was allied to OG while they were in Citadel (again, fought OG via Vox).

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Have you ever been in an alliance you have previously been at war with?[/b]
Yes, I fought NPO during Great Patriotic War. There are still some battle reports of it.

[quote]Bilrow from GGA is sending propaganda to NPO members about the fact that we ''lost'', anyone is in range to attack him? He has a strength of 448.148 and only 67 soldiers + 1 tank[/quote]

[quote]To:dsync From:Bilrow 7/26/2006 2:36:51 AM Subject: NPO Surrenders

It's over, so please surrender. The NPO has lost and is using your nation as cannon fodder. http://s15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=15887 http://s15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=15521 Why fight on?[/quote]

[b]Is one of your current treaty partners (ODP+) an alliance you (as a nation, not an alliance) have previously been at war with?[/b]

No

[b]Have you ever switched sides of the treaty web?[/b]

Yes, at least one of my alliances has switched sides. Moved GGA away from the CoaLUEsers.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1282270443' post='2423816']
There needs to be less "sides" and more independent treaty honoring. If you ally someone, just defend them and forget about sides. At least that's my view on it.
[/quote]

The only precedent for that is BiPolar, and that didn't work out so well for them.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1282270960' post='2423828']
This poll strikes me as biased against us mono-alliance members.
[/quote]I would just quote this as my post, but, since that's a no no, I'll just state that I agree with this fine gentleman!

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1282270789' post='2423826']
Yes, I fought NPO during Great Patriotic War. There are still some battle reports of it.
[/quote]

Pacifica has brainwashed you my old friend. People on NPO/NpO's side refer to it as the Great Patriotic War, others (the good guys, the side you claimed to have been on) refer to it as The Great War.

I've never been in another alliance so the first question is a no. Second is, of course, a yes due to our recent Argent ODP.

For the third I voted no. I joined VE before the cancellations, but at the same time I wouldn't say that was a shifting in the web, as there were significant ties on the side that eventually became Karma that outweighed the cancellations, I don't think anyone was lumping VE in with the NPO crowd in late winter of 2009.

Never joined an alliance that has attacked me, tho a former alliance I was in has attacked me (NPO twice), and I have attacked a former alliance I was in (again NPO twice). That actually seems like a lot of times to fight a former alliance :v:

Similarly, I'm not treatied to anyone whom I have directly fought in a war at any point.

Finally, I have switched sides of the treaty web, from NPO (Hegemony) to MK (who at that time were relatively on their own due to the blacklist). I guess technically you could argue Umbrella has moved "sides", given prior to it's disbandment we would have been placed firmly in the "Citadel & Friends" side. Whereas now that side doesn't exist anymore.

Never been in an alliance that I had been at war with, or allied an alliance I had been at war with (though while I was in tR, we discussed a treaty with TORN). However, in FnKa, we began switching sides. After fighting on the Hegemony side in Karma, alongside TOOL, we began moving towards Karma, upgrading to MDoAPs with MOON and The International. And I personally have switched sides (I guess) from Hegemony FnKa to SuperGrievances tR, and now ODN, if that counts.

Yes, moved from Legion to NPO not long after GW3

[b]Is one of your current treaty partners (ODP+) an alliance you (as a nation, not an alliance) have previously been at war with?[/b]

No, not that I remember anyway. Unless you count Legion's time under our Viceroy as 'war'.

[b]Have you ever switched sides of the treaty web?[/b]

Move from Legion took me from the Aegis side (or what was left of it post GW3) to the Initiative side of the web.

Hmm. Only been in two alliances, and they never fought each other.

My only wars have been against the Global Alliance and Treaty Organisation, Greenland Republic (including Hyperion), Athens and other Karma alliances, and the Mostly Harmless Alliance. For a while after the Karma war, we were allied to the Mighty Armed States of Honour, one of our enemies.

As far as sides of the web? I guess I moved to a more centre stance, alliancewise. I haven't really had a chance to pull an alliance one way or the other yet. At the time, I don't think anyone cared what side my former alliance was on..

When LUE disbanded I joined GOONS, which counts for the first.

It also counts for the third.

And as for the second, MK is allied to Polar who we fought in the Unjust War.

Edited by TheNeverender