There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1280963447' post='2401086']
Puppets of the SuperFriends and puppet masters of all but maybe one or two Green alliances. It's disgusting the state the sphere is in.
[/quote]

Ohhh, sour grapes much? :P

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1280946422' post='2400857']
The issue doesn't have anything to do with how many or how few alliances there are. The fact is that there are many, many more options for these types of online games these days (stupid facebook farms, etc.), and they're much more visible and accessible than CN at the moment.
[/quote]

And much more welcoming. The regulars on here are to blame for the lack of accessibility. Too many have IC characters that think they're hard men - usually brought out because they lack that ability in the real world. Sad really.

Saying that - this is the only one that has kept my attention for more than a month :D

Edited by MadScotsman

[quote name='Emperor Brutus' timestamp='1281015054' post='2401618']
Err no... Its lolSparta now.
[/quote]
It's been lolSparta since Karma, dude. You're not original. ;)

[[i]insert appropriate haters gonna hate gif from /b/ here?[/i]] (Sorry guys, I'm new at this.)

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1281002493' post='2401561']
And much more welcoming. The regulars on here are to blame for the lack of accessibility. Too many have IC characters that think they're hard men - usually brought out because they lack that ability in the real world. Sad really.

Saying that - this is the only one that has kept my attention for more than a month :D
[/quote]
They play their part. Their insubstantial, degrading part.

Edit: There =/= Their

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

What if we just adopted a rule that, as players, we no longer offer or respect protectorate agreements and that we consider a treaty with an alliance of under either 100 members or 2M NS as not valid.

Then we should also adopt the code that a larger alliance should do the right thing and crush any alliance of under 100 members or 2M NS, either through war or recruitment message carpet bombing.

Just because anyone can create an AA doesn't mean everyone should.

Then, once we're down to about 40-60 alliances, sides should become clearer.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1281038377' post='2401945']
What if we just adopted a rule that, as players, we no longer offer or respect protectorate agreements and that we consider a treaty with an alliance of under either 100 members or 2M NS as not valid.

Then we should also adopt the code that a larger alliance should do the right thing and crush any alliance of under 100 members or 2M NS, either through war or recruitment message carpet bombing.

[/quote]
Nobody is just going to gather up all the large alliances in CN and try to change a rule about how to treat small alliances; it's an unnatural occurrence and therefore throws off the equilibrium of current politics. If we get to the point that major players are changing their foreign policy to alienate small alliances, then maybe in time Bob will move toward that

Then, once we're down to about 40-60 alliances, sides should become clearer.[/quote]
There are already clear-cut sides; you just have to know the political landscape. :-P Most alliances will always fall to one side depending on the situation triggering war; the only thing that would change would be less small, isolationist alliances that aren't normally involved in anything, and the occasional conflicting treaties that prevent one from entering the fray.

Then, once we're down to about 40-60 alliances, sides should become clearer.
[/quote]
Good luck with this. You would be playing whack a mole, there are a great many small alliances out there.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1280963447' post='2401086']
Puppets of the SuperFriends and puppet masters of all but maybe one or two Green alliances. It's disgusting the state the sphere is in.
[/quote]

[img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/super_freak4/4jt9nl.gif[/img]

[size="1"]words, because posts require words[/size]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1281046105' post='2402043']
Good luck with this. You would be playing whack a mole, [b]there are a great many small alliances out there.[/b]
[/quote]
And there will be new micro alliances being formed everyday. It would be an eternal war, on ankle-biters that outnumber all of larger alliances' weak members combined. Anyone remember the NPO-Jarhead war and that NPO needed backup?

Edited by HHAYD

[quote]67) Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: Boring. Disband.[/quote]

Just noticed this.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Curtain

With friends like these... :unsure:

Seriously, I hope this isn't a consensus opinion within NSO. Coz that's just plain crass, to tell a direct ally to disband.

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1281053047' post='2402154']
Crushing inexperienced players trying to start something new with their friends is no way to keep this game alive for more than the next few months.
[/quote]
Players? Games? What's this you speak of?

On serious note, crushing new people could be a benefit for alliances that aren't participating in the "Crush the [i]tiny[/i] alliances" event.

Ease of recruitment. :awesome:

[size="1"]Eventually the giant alliances that were crushing the tiny ones end up having to fight a horde of small/medium (not micro) alliances controlled by much stronger and potentially coordinated people, the same folks that were crushed a while ago.

Revenge rarely dies.[/size] :ph34r:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1281057846' post='2402229']
Haha, you have a good point. That could turn into something grand.

[b]Maybe the REAL problem is that there aren't ENOUGH tiny alliances . . .[/b]
[/quote]
I disagree, the real problem is lack of organization and coordination. Organize and coordinate at LEAST 20% of all of the micro and small alliances in Planet Bob and they will number over a thousand strong. A nightmare for every large alliances since it's demoralizing to watch your new small members get torn to shreds and those $3 million aid packages are only leaving small dents in the mob of "weaker" alliances.

And the fact that some micro/small alliances have mid to large sized members with nukes make the situation even more fun.

[size="1"]But organize and coordinate all of the small alliances in Planet Bob...

Epic curbstomp will be epic[/size] :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1281058685' post='2402242']
I disagree, the real problem is lack of organization and coordination. Organize and coordinate at LEAST 20% of all of the micro and small alliances in Planet Bob and they will number over a thousand strong. A nightmare for every large alliances since it's demoralizing to watch your new small members get torn to shreds and those $3 million aid packages are only leaving small dents in the mob of "weaker" alliances.

And the fact that some micro/small alliances have mid to large sized members with nukes make the situation even more fun.

[size="1"]But organize and coordinate all of the small alliances in Planet Bob...

Epic curbstomp will be epic[/size] :awesome:
[/quote]

That's brilliant - there's nothing more annoying than a dedicated nation with 100 infra that keeps attacking all your recruits and just bounces back after a ZI. Multiply that times 1000, and you could probably force a settlement out of a larger alliance, both through being persistently annoying, and by choking off recruitment by scaring away all their new blood.

Oh, and as one of the final triums for a just-disbanded alliance, I feel like GUN should be added to the list - just put a line through our name.

Edited by zenergy

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1281125224' post='2402993']
I think the hate is coming from an OOC argument they had, whichi find lulzy tbh
[/quote]

Yea I was thinking there was some kind of butt hurt there that may involve Darklink, I was sure he was Spartan government and only pushed into power because he was Darklinks friend. If it's the same guy then LAWL