What the hell, Chim?

Penkala

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not straw manning, Penkala. I just don't think these allegations are worth a legitimate response. The only one thing I did wrong here was accuse Reaper of hacking our boards (which, by the way, was the path the evidence led me down at the time; I would *never* have accused someone of something like that without at least some strange coincidences pointing to them) and, as Reaper may be able to tell you, I have already apologized to him for that - I was wrong in that regard, and I have admitted it.

[quote name='Chimaera' date='21 July 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1279738751' post='2382956']
Not straw manning, Penkala. I just don't think these allegations are worth a legitimate response. The only one thing I did wrong here was accuse Reaper of hacking our boards (which, by the way, was the path the evidence led me down at the time; I would *never* have accused someone of something like that without at least some strange coincidences pointing to them) and, as Reaper may be able to tell you, I have already apologized to him for that - I was wrong in that regard, and I have admitted it.
[/quote]

You're not in the wrong for acting like you were someone else and entering a private conversation?

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1279738804' post='2382957']
You're not in the wrong for acting like you were someone else and entering a private conversation?
[/quote]
If that had happened, yes, I would have been in the wrong. Of course, as is your nature, you've gotten this one wrong, too.

You see, Buttercup and I were online together - she was talking to them, then we decided it would be funny if I swapped over to my nickname just to play with them. I don't know how you can *possibly* construe that as anything other than a guy as his girlfriend having a little bit of fun, but if that's spying, then so be it, I am a spy. The speaking I did while under my name occurred in a channel where we had previously been having negotiations - I may be mistaken, but I don't even recall reading or speaking in Spamalot's private channel, which Buttercup, not I, had joined.

[quote name='Chimaera' date='21 July 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1279739413' post='2382968']
If that had happened, yes, I would have been in the wrong. Of course, as is your nature, you've gotten this one wrong, too.

You see, Buttercup and I were online together - she was talking to them, then we decided it would be funny if I swapped over to my nickname just to play with them. I don't know how you can *possibly* construe that as anything other than a guy as his girlfriend having a little bit of fun, but if that's spying, then so be it, I am a spy. The speaking I did while under my name occurred in a channel where we had previously been having negotiations - I may be mistaken, but I don't even recall reading or speaking in Spamalot's private channel, which Buttercup, not I, had joined.
[/quote]

The channel was being used for a private gov-level conversation you were not invited to (your girlfriend was invited). You acted as her and joined anyways.

Am I free to use the password of someone on IAA's inner circle to try to discuss a possible CB on IAA in a private gov conversation? Would that be acceptable to you?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1279739497' post='2382973']
The channel was being used for a private gov-level conversation you were not invited to (your girlfriend was invited). You acted as her and joined anyways.

Am I free to use the password of someone on IAA's inner circle to try to discuss a possible CB on IAA in a private gov conversation? Would that be acceptable to you?
[/quote]
I never used her password. Ever. I don't even know it. She and I were sitting at the computer TOGETHER.

Of course, I was under the opinion that all of Spamalot took it exactly as she and I did - a big joke. Hell, mastabadey even yelled SEX CHANGE when we changed our nick to mine.

If it is spying, then isn't me joining my alliance's private channel with her beside me an act of spying on her, as well? I don't see IAA riled up about that. :P

[quote name='Chimaera' date='21 July 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1279739793' post='2382981']
Of course, I was under the opinion that all of Spamalot took it exactly as she and I did - a big joke. Hell, mastabadey even yelled SEX CHANGE when we changed our nick to mine.
[/quote]

And then someone brought up that it was spying. So..

And no, I don't everyone in that call thought it was a joke, or else I wouldn't have heard about it ;)

Edited by Penkala

If you notice, they didn't do anything to Spamalot because they couldn't prove that they did it. They reacted the way anyone who thought their forums were hacked would, and it was quickly resolved out of the public's eye. Was it stupid for Mercy to bring it up again in another thread? Yeah, because nobody really cares, and everybody forgot already. And if Spamalot really wants to avoid that kind of breach of security, maybe they shouldn't have IAA's ex-Emperor's girlfriend in their ranks.

Penkala, I usually enjoy or at least tolerate your antics, but when it comes to things like this you should just know to leave well enough alone.

[quote name='Mathias' date='21 July 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1279740003' post='2382989']
If you notice, they didn't do anything to Spamalot because they couldn't prove that they did it. They reacted the way anyone who thought their forums were hacked would, and it was quickly resolved out of the public's eye. Was it stupid for Mercy to bring it up again in another thread? Yeah, because nobody really cares, and everybody forgot already. And if Spamalot really wants to avoid that kind of breach of security, maybe they shouldn't have IAA's ex-Emperor's girlfriend in their ranks.

Penkala, I usually enjoy or at least tolerate your antics, but when it comes to things like this you should just know to leave well enough alone.
[/quote]

So if my girlfriend were in TIO could I use her account to try to gain a CB on TIO? Would that be cool?

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1279740112' post='2382994']
So if my girlfriend were in TIO could I use her account to try to gain a CB on TIO? Would that be cool?
[/quote]
...I used her account to try to get a CB? I...seriously man, that's the biggest distortion of the facts that has ever been said. She and I were having fun, playing around - I wasn't even taking anything seriously. You know me well enough to know that I'm not a huge political player and I much prefer to have fun. We thought it would be amusing to scare everyone. That's it. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='21 July 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1279737085' post='2382886']
This sentence hurt my head :blink:
[/quote]

read it with a Borat accent...it's much better that way.

Anyway, I'm far from surprised at the existence of this thread. Penkala stirs pots, usually three at once with both feet on the ground.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1279740112' post='2382994']
[/quote]

Absolutely not, and if it was discovered that spying was going on, it would be handled. The difference is, no spying took place in this situation.

Even if IAA got a CB, would they really look like the good guy attacking an alliance of ten people? No, it would be political suicide.

[quote name='Mathias' date='21 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1279740453' post='2383008']
Absolutely not, and if it was discovered that spying was going on, it would be handled. The difference is, no spying took place in this situation.

Even if IAA got a CB, would they really look like the good guy attacking an alliance of ten people? No, it would be political suicide.
[/quote]

How was there no spying? You weren't there, so I'm not sure how you would know, but they brought up very serious issues. Maybe it was a joke gone wrong. Still, it wasn't something acceptable.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1279740597' post='2383014']
How was there no spying? You weren't there, so I'm not sure how you would know, but they brought up very serious issues. Maybe it was a joke gone wrong. Still, it wasn't something acceptable.
[/quote]

So if it was a joke gone wrong, it wasn't spying. Thank you. Now if [i]Spamalot[/i] had an actual issue with the events that transpired, I'm sure that they will handle this off of the CN Forums. This to me seems to be a member issue, and I'm sure they'll talk to PB and everything will work out beautifully.

Unfortunately, that's not what [i]you[/i] want. You want there to be a !@#$storm of arguments, log dumps, and general reputation tarnishing. All in the name of protecting Spamalot from the evil Chimaera.

This is being taken care of privately. I would like to thank Penkala for once again taking up the role of Walford. Since Walford is severely lacking in posts, we most assuredly need someone to step in and be nailed to a cross for our sins. I for one welcome Penkala being nailed to a cross for all our sins.

[quote name='Mathias' date='21 July 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1279740882' post='2383030']
So if it was a joke gone wrong, it wasn't spying. Thank you. Now if [i]Spamalot[/i] had an actual issue with the events that transpired, I'm sure that they will handle this off of the CN Forums. This to me seems to be a member issue, and I'm sure they'll talk to PB and everything will work out beautifully.

Unfortunately, that's not what [i]you[/i] want. You want there to be a !@#$storm of arguments, log dumps, and general reputation tarnishing. All in the name of protecting Spamalot from the evil Chimaera.
[/quote]

Yes, it was. Entering a sensitive conversation posing as someone else is spying. No matter the intentions, really. I could think it's [i]hilarious[/i] to use an admin mask on IAA's forums to read all their gov stuff. That doesn't mean it's not spying at the same time.

[quote]This is being taken care of privately. I would like to thank Penkala for once again taking up the role of Walford. Since Walford is severely lacking in posts, we most assuredly need someone to step in and be nailed to a cross for our sins. I for one welcome Penkala being nailed to a cross for all our sins.
[/quote]

Yes I'm clearly just like Walford.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1279741234' post='2383042']
Yes, it was. Entering a sensitive conversation posing as someone else is spying. No matter the intentions, really. I could think it's [i]hilarious[/i] to use an admin mask on IAA's forums to read all their gov stuff. That doesn't mean it's not spying at the same time.

[/quote]
Please, do use an admin mask on IAA's boards to read our govt stuff. You may find we have absolutely nothing to hide.

You see, unlike most of the rest of Planet Bob, we're not really into all that big political intrigue crap that you guys get your kicks off - in fact, the only active topic on our govt boards right now is a discussion of upgrading a treaty with our dear friends and protectorates in The Imperial Order.

Unfortunately, since you have all now seen our private govt discussions regarding this most sensitive topic, IAA will be forced to declare each and every reader of this topic a spy and destroy you all. Good day.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1279741234' post='2383042']
[/quote]

clearly. you come in with part of the info and post as if you know all of it. you post threads concerning two parties, neither of which have anything to do with you and act as if you are some kind of savior bringing forth the light for all of us to see. instead of letting things be handled in private, you push them public in an attempt to smear someone or an alliance you do not like. you seem to serve absolutely no other purpose.