What the hell, Chim?

Penkala

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. The very fact every request for proof has been ignored is proof enough to me that none exists. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at accusations of spying combined with OOC nonsense coming from the likes of you, should I?

Nice try, Penkala. Better luck next time.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='21 July 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1279741522' post='2383051']
clearly. you come in with part of the info and post as if you know all of it. you post threads concerning two parties, neither of which have anything to do with you and act as if you are some kind of savior bringing forth the light for all of us to see. instead of letting things be handled in private, you push them public in an attempt to smear someone or an alliance you do not like. you seem to serve absolutely no other purpose.
[/quote]

Yes it worked so well in private. As soon as one issue was resolved another threat would be leveled against Spamalot, then another, then another. It was ridiculous, and private channels pretty clearly weren't stopping the escalation here.

[quote]This is ridiculous. The very fact every request for proof has been ignored is proof enough to me that none exists. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at accusations of spying combined with OOC nonsense coming from the likes of you, should I?

Nice try, Penkala. Better luck next time. [/quote]

Chim has already acknowledged, in this thread, that he did enter the conversation under his girlfriend's account and act as if he was her.

Nice try, MvP. Better luck next time.

While I wasn't there, SCY, I have the logs from the event.

*shrug* Everyone is free to believe what they want and interpret this however they choose. The [i]fact[/i] is that several threats were leveled against Spamalot (for inappropriate reasons), ridiculous accusations were made, and Chim used his girlfriend's nick to enter a sensitive conversation regarding one of the accusations

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1279740597' post='2383014']
How was there no spying? You weren't there, so I'm not sure how you would know, but they brought up very serious issues. Maybe it was a joke gone wrong. Still, it wasn't something acceptable.
[/quote]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='21 July 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1279740683' post='2383019']
Were you there Penkala?
[/quote]

That wasn't rhetorical Penkala, I'm still waiting for a response.

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='21 July 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1279742020' post='2383079']
Hoes before Penkala.

[size="1"]I'm sure she's a lovely person Chimaera, don't super spy on me![/size]
[/quote]
She's perfect, actually, and I wouldn't dream of it. :)

I'm litterally reading this with popcorn.

Just wanted to intervene and say: Chimaera...I feel bad for you. There wasn't any spying it looks like (or was there?), and this is a rather funny joke to look in on. It is a joke, gtfo Mathias. Wickedj is right...proof, or this is a total joke by the IAA to gain supporters (which is probably more likely...and something about spies).

Just my thoughts...I'll go back to reading this intense debate and eating popcorn now.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279741234' post='2383042']
Yes, it was. Entering a sensitive conversation posing as someone else is spying. No matter the intentions, really. I could think it's [i]hilarious[/i] to use an admin mask on IAA's forums to read all their gov stuff. That doesn't mean it's not spying at the same time.

Yes I'm clearly just like Walford.
[/quote]

You continue to say that he posed as his girlfriend yet if you read everything that has been said thus far he changed nicks when he got on... And mastabadey said sex change... Dun dun dun information fail

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279741234' post='2383042']
Yes, it was. Entering a sensitive conversation posing as someone else is spying. No matter the intentions, really. I could think it's [i]hilarious[/i] to use an admin mask on IAA's forums to read all their gov stuff. That doesn't mean it's not spying at the same time.

Yes I'm clearly just like Walford.
[/quote]

You continue to say that he posed as his girlfriend yet if you read everything that has been said thus far he changed nicks when he got on... And mastabadey said sex change... Dun dun dun information fail

Let's see here

A)Yes there is proof
B)Was Penkala there? No
C)Am I going to expose those logs? At this moment I was asked to keep my silence.

D)Is it all right to constantly criticize those who were trying to exemplify a point? Depends....of course attempting to make a person feel bad/ idiotic is a way to direct one person to choose one side or another.

E)I could say more but o well...can't wait for the criticism....

[quote name='TheListener' date='21 July 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1279742722' post='2383097']
[/quote]

What? The only one 'failing' here is you; Spamalot believed he was his girlfriend and invited [i]her[/i] to discuss the rather serious issue.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1279736270' post='2382856']
I have proof he spied.

I respect Chim, which is why I'm sorry I had to do this. I watched as he made threats and accusations and kept my mouth closed. Trust me, I gave Chim the benefit of the doubt. This time, though, he went to far. He can't go any further. He has crossed the line.

Chim's a good guy. Truly. But he needs to step back and [i]think[/i]. And he just wasn't going to do that. Hopefully he does now.
[/quote]
That's a first. Also rather hypocritical coming from you.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1279741686' post='2383059']
Chim has already acknowledged, in this thread, that he did enter the conversation under his girlfriend's account and act as if he was her.

Nice try, MvP. Better luck next time.
[/quote]
I'm beginning to think you havn't the slightest idea what constitutes spying. Using someone else's account, and even acting like them or pretending to be them, doesn't automatically make one's intentions hostile. If it was done without her permission, quite frankly, that is an OOC issue that's not your concern nor anyone else's. Like hell I'm going to take the word of you of all people when not a shred of evidence that he acted in a hostile manner has been presented. If it is, that may change the situation. But if you think the world at large is going to accept accusations like this on your word, think again.

WHAT AN OUTRAGE! Fetch my tin foil hat!

Oh no wait a minute only 1 in 20,000 people is taking this seriously...I guess it wasn't an outrage afterall.

Is this what passes for news in CN politics? That apparently couples can no longer go on IRC together? Cos until theres ACTUAL evidence of active spying all this is a theoretical issue that could arise at somepoint.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='21 July 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1279743355' post='2383127']
I'm beginning to think you havn't the slightest idea what constitutes spying. Using someone else's account, and even acting like them or pretending to be them, doesn't automatically make one's intentions hostile. If it was done without her permission, quite frankly, that is an OOC issue that's not your concern nor anyone else's. Like hell I'm going to take the word of you of all people when not a shred of evidence that he acted in a hostile manner has been presented. If it is, that may change the situation. But if you think the world at large is going to accept accusations like this on your word, think again.
[/quote]

So it's only bad if it's in a hostile manner? If I spy on you, but it's only for amusement, is that OK? Answer carefully...

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1279743790' post='2383148']
So it's only bad if it's in a hostile manner? If I spy on you, but it's only for amusement, is that OK? Answer carefully...
[/quote]
That's not what I meant; I was using "hostile" to indicate spying in and of itself. Just because I jump on IRC using someone else's nick, even if I'm pretending to be them, doesn't in the slightest sense meant I've spied on anyone and everyone I've talked to.

You [i]claim[/i] that he took advantage of this to enter a private conversation, but since you weren't there and no one who was seems inclined to show any proof, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're making that much up.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='21 July 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1279743902' post='2383150']
That's not what I meant; I was using "hostile" to indicate spying in and of itself. Just because I jump on IRC using someone else's nick, even if I'm pretending to be them, doesn't in the slightest sense meant I've spied on anyone and everyone I've talked to.
[/quote]

No, but if you get invited to a gov discussion then go there, then act like the person (and learn info as a result), [i]then[/i] you're spying.

[quote]You claim that he took advantage of this to enter a private conversation, but since you weren't there and no one who was seems inclined to show any proof, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're making that much up. [/quote]

Someone else confirmed above, as has Chim. He just says it was with good intentions (but that the act still happened) That's not enough?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1279744034' post='2383158']
No, but if you get invited to a gov discussion then go there, then act like the person (and learn info as a result), [i]then[/i] you're spying.
[/quote]

See the edit I made to my post after you quoted it. [i]Proof[/i], Penkala: the people want it.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1279744034' post='2383158']
[/quote]

Who was the gov discussion with?

Unless someone can post evidence then this is riduculous. From what Chim's said it seems that anyone who was there would have to have been pretty stupid to not realise he was sat there with Buttercup. I don't see how you can even try and call it spying if they made it clear they were both there - that would be the most incompetent spying attempt ever.

Far too many people here need to remember this is a game where people have FUN. Was anyone hurt? No. Was anyone's fun of the game damaged? No.

Let's move on.

Edited by malashaan

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='21 July 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1279744107' post='2383160']
See the edit I made to my post after you quoted it. [i]Proof[/i], Penkala: the people want it.
[/quote]

And the proof is that everyone says it happened. I'm not handing out logs willy-nilly for the peanut gallery's viewing pleasure.

I'm setting my popcorn down once more here...

Penkala: Why the hell did you make this thread? You clearly don't have proof. Go home.

Also, here's what spying is from dictionary.com:
[quote]1. An agent employed by a state to obtain secret information, especially of a military nature, concerning its potential or actual enemies.
2. One employed by a company to obtain confidential information about its competitors.
3. One who secretly keeps watch on another or others.[/quote]
He wasn't deployed specifically to extract info, and didn't do it secretly according to him. Suck it Penkala, you're wrong. He wasn't spying even by your terms.

I'll go back to my popcorn now.

EDIT: Also, Tigerdonia Redux wins post of the thread

Edited by Caleb279