What the hell, Chim?

Penkala

So it turns out [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89447]it was all a joke.[/url] IAA hadn't actually been hacked. It was their own forum owner who did it. That's not the end to this story, however. The way Chimaera has handled the past week or so is pathetic.

Chim, I know you're mad that some of your members got fed up and left, but the fact that you threatened / accused Spamalot during this incident when it [i]was your own guy[/i] is hilarious. First, Chim threatens to attack them for leaving IAA, then, when your own forum admin plays a joke, you accuse them of being behind it and threaten to roll them for it.

And that's not all! It turns out Chim has been using his girlfriend's IRC account [i][s]without[/s] (maybe with) her permission[/i] to spy on Spamalot's private channel and try to gain evidence against them.

The threats of war, the spying on Spamalot's nations, the vitriol, the threats to attack if Spamalot didn't turn over log files, the accusations and the espionage is ridiculous. Nations are allowed to leave IAA. Chimaera, you no credibility anymore. Neither does MercyFallout. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

IAA, get your house in order.

Edit: [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89462&view=findpost&p=2383781][Evidence I supposedly "don't have'][/url]

Edited by Penkala

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chimaera is one of the, if not the, greatest leaders on Planet Bob. Show some respect. He was just looking after his home. He's protecting something that he has put years into, there is nothing wrong with that. (Spying should never be condoned, but Chim deserves the benefit of the doubt)

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='21 July 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1279736122' post='2382849']
Chimaera is one of the, if not the, greatest leaders on Planet Bob. Show some respect. He was just looking after his home. He's protecting something that he has put years into, there is nothing wrong with that. (Spying should never be condoned, but Chim deserves the benefit of the doubt)
[/quote]

I have proof he spied.

I respect Chim, which is why I'm sorry I had to do this. I watched as he made threats and accusations and kept my mouth closed. Trust me, I gave Chim the benefit of the doubt. This time, though, he went to far. He can't go any further. He has crossed the line.

Chim's a good guy. Truly. But he needs to step back and [i]think[/i]. And he just wasn't going to do that. Hopefully he does now.

Edited by Penkala

First, Pnekala, you've been pulling so much crap lately, that I don't really care what alliance you decide to go after lately I just don't.

Second, if Chimaera has made a mistake, he's certainly earned the right to make a few mistakes.

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 July 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1279735719' post='2382833']

OOC stuff

[/quote]

Thirdly, thanks for this inappropriate OOC moment.

edit: I just realized that if I think stuff is OOC inappropriate, I shouldn't quote it. Don't taze me mods ;)

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='21 July 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1279736330' post='2382858']
First, Pnekala, you've been pulling so much crap lately, that I don't really care what alliance you decide to go after lately I just don't.

Second, if Chimaera has made a mistake, he's certainly earned the right to make a few mistakes.

[/quote]

So he gets a pass? If Goose were to go spy on MCXA would he get a pass? What about me? What is the requirement for getting a free pass to impersonate somebody and spy on their alliance's government conversation?

Chim didn't make one mistake -- he made a series of unacceptable moves over a period of a week or so. This wasn't a single emotional action.

Thirdly, I don't mean to go OOC, but that's the method he used to spy. If he didn't want his OOC life brought into this he shouldn't have used the OOC relationship to gain information. Seriously.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='21 July 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1279736330' post='2382858']

[b]Second, if Chimaera has made a mistake, he's certainly earned the right to make a few mistakes.
[/b]

[/quote]

So after a few years of dedicated service, you are allowed to spy on other alliances? I wish I knew of this rule sooner.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='21 July 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1279736862' post='2382878']
You seem to know much Penkala. Do you have any proof or should I take your word for it.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't have proof.

[quote]I'm not saying that what Chimaera did is right, this if he really did it what Penkala is saying what I doubt, but since when join a person private channel in IRC is spy on alliances? [/quote]

What? Acting like someone to be invited to a high-gov-level discussion over an important diplomatic incident is of course spying. He identified with nickserv on IRC and tried to use someone else's account to coax people in that private conversation to implicate themselves.

And unfortunately, he did actually do this.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='D34th' date='21 July 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1279736971' post='2382882']
I'm not saying that what Chimaera did is right, this if he really did it what Penkala is saying what I doubt, but since when join a person private channel in IRC is spy on alliances?
[/quote]

This sentence hurt my head :blink:

[quote name='CptGodzilla' date='21 July 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1279736749' post='2382874']
So after a few years of dedicated service, you are allowed to spy on other alliances? I wish I knew of this rule sooner.
[/quote]

You raise a good point. I could be wrong but I doubt neither of us know all the facts here. Although knowing Penkala he just posted all he knows right now. So I'll patiently wait for other people who know more to give us their sides of the story, IAA take your time on this one imo. I was once accused of EZI on these forums, and rushed into the thread guns blazing. It didn't end well for me.I don't think anyones going to judge if you're careful about how to respond to this thread.

[quote name='D34th' date='21 July 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1279736971' post='2382882']
I'm not saying that what Chimaera did is right, this if he really did it what Penkala is saying what I doubt, but since when join a person private channel in IRC is spy on alliances?
[/quote]

Are you serious?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='21 July 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1279737424' post='2382899']
Are you serious?
[/quote]

Yes, if I join #The_Chief channel I'll be spying on \m/? :huh:

Also I'm not saying this is less wrong but spy a personal channel is not the same thing of spy in a alliance private channel

And where's the proofs?

Also sorry Kevanovia my grammar fail [s]sometimes[/s] always.

[quote name='D34th' date='21 July 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1279737580' post='2382905']
Yes, if I join #The_Chief channel I'll be spying on \m/? :huh:

Also I'm not saying this is less wrong but spy a personal channel is not the same thing of spy in a alliance private channel

And where's the proofs?

Also sorry Kevanovia my grammar fail [s]sometimes[/s] always.
[/quote]

you're making the same mistake i was.

Spamalot is an alliance not a person.

[quote name='CptGodzilla' date='21 July 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1279737778' post='2382913']
you're making the same mistake i was.

Spamalot is an alliance not a person.
[/quote]

Oh! My bad them, I thought that would be a guy not an alliance.

[quote name='Master-Debater' date='21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1279737476' post='2382901']
If you have proof show it.
Otherwise this one is going to be put in my “some crazy guy rambling about someone he doesn’t like” folder.
[/quote]

Yes, I have proof, otherwise I wouldn't take this to the OWF. No, I'm not posting logs. But the fact that Chimaera agrees that what I have logs of actually happened (although he says for another purpose) is proof enough.

Edit: Chim, straw-manning this isn't going to work. I never claimed you spy [i]all the time[/i], nor that you are evil.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Chimaera' date='21 July 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1279738237' post='2382931']
Clearly I am a terrifyingly threatening ex-Emperor who spies all the time. Planet Bob would be better if I were eradicated.
[/quote]

Down with this bad man! Stone him!