OMGWTFBBQURKIDDING

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' date='16 July 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1279315371' post='2374997']
but your friendship extended no farther than forum spam and pictures of cake. When it actually counted, you ended up not defending, and then tried to cancel the treaty so that you wouldn't have to when the going got really rough.
[/quote]
So your saying Orrple was total waste of time?? so when Legion and ODN fought together in GW1 & GW3 it was of no consequence?. Seems my nation fought for nothing then because all we apparently supplied was spam and caek...thanks Pezstar for bestowing your wisdom and confirming that an old fool such as myself wasted my time on Orrple :mellow:

Edited by Cataduanes

Pezstar, please stop talking. I admire your spunk (and intentions), but you have stuff so wrong. For one, we asked ODN not to defend us in Dove. It would have been suicide for them, and it was at OUR request that they sit out. Thats what friends do, they look out for eachother. And your careless attempt to completely disregard one of the longest and richest alliances in CN history is embarrassing. Orrple was active from August 15, 2006 until July 14, 2009 and survived through victories and defeats in multiple wars. So, whatever your feelings about ODN now, please don't pretend to understand history. Your efforts would probably be better spent elsewhere, perhaps there is an alliance out there that needs disbanding.

I am thrilled with this as Ive never liked Valhalla anyway. But best of luck to you guys, nonetheless.

[quote name='Shoofly' date='17 July 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1279349910' post='2375615']
Pezstar, please stop talking. I admire your spunk (and intentions), but you have stuff so wrong. For one, we asked ODN not to defend us in Dove. It would have been suicide for them, and it was at OUR request that they sit out. Thats what friends do, they look out for eachother. And your careless attempt to completely disregard one of the longest and richest alliances in CN history is embarrassing. Orrple was active from August 15, 2006 until July 14, 2009 and survived through victories and defeats in multiple wars. So, whatever your feelings about ODN now, please don't pretend to understand history. Your efforts would probably be better spent elsewhere, perhaps there is an alliance out there that needs disbanding.

I am thrilled with this as Ive never liked Valhalla anyway. But best of luck to you guys, nonetheless.
[/quote]

She lived the history, as Legions MoFA no-less, I think she's more than capable of understanding it

EDIT: Not taking a jab against ODN or offering an opinion on the matter since I wasn't in Legion or ODN for Orrple's glory days and by the time I arrived on the scene it was pretty much dead in the water, can't very accurately comment upon it.

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='17 July 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1279353555' post='2375646']
She lived the history, as Legions MoFA no-less, I think she's more than capable of understanding it

EDIT: Not taking a jab against ODN or offering an opinion on the matter since I wasn't in Legion or ODN for Orrple's glory days and by the time I arrived on the scene it was pretty much dead in the water, can't very accurately comment upon it.
[/quote]

Well since your weren't there, how do you know she is capable of understanding it? Why even make this post? I was there. She is grossly misrepresenting what happened and slandering ODN as if they did something wrong. And yes, nothing against Pez personally, but I think she should be perm ZI'd for taking it upon herself to disband The Legion at one time. She has this tendency to speak out (and very loudly) about things she doesn't quite understand.

EDIT: hey bigdaddy, its really nice to see you chiming in on these threads with your positive and helpful remarks. good show ol' pal. nice to see the support.

Edited by Shoofly

I'm going to defend Pez here. She was mostly right about ODN. Sure we asked them a lot to not get involved, but sometimes you say to a friend; "Sod that, I ain't leaving' and roll up your shirt sleeves. The pre-purplegate cancellation threat is new to me and does make me warm to that ODN. The new ODN has chosen to hang around street corners with the 'tough kids' and who knows, maybe the Legion has decided to do the same thing?

On topic. Good luck to both sides.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Shoofly' date='17 July 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1279361593' post='2375689']
Well since your weren't there, how do you know she is capable of understanding it? Why even make this post? I was there. She is grossly misrepresenting what happened and slandering ODN as if they did something wrong. And yes, nothing against Pez personally, but I think she should be perm ZI'd for taking it upon herself to disband The Legion at one time. She has this tendency to speak out (and very loudly) about things she doesn't quite understand.

EDIT: hey bigdaddy, its really nice to see you chiming in on these threads with your positive and helpful remarks. good show ol' pal. nice to see the support.
[/quote]

Because I was there. As the MoFA, no less. Also, my nation has three open war slots. If you think I should be perma-ZI'd, then attack me and do it.

[quote name='Shoofly' date='17 July 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1279361593' post='2375689']

[/quote]

Now, now, Shoofly. Don't go about saying that Pez should be Perma-ZI'd. You know we don't roll like that. Honestly, the past is the past. Pez's actions have most certainly left a bad taste in a lot of Legionnaires' mouths, but if we're ever going to move forward, we need to let it go.

Hai Pez! :P

Also, sorry to see this go, but I guess it was needed. Good luck to Valhalla.

Edited by assarax

[quote name='pezstar' date='17 July 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1279375688' post='2375762']
Because I was there. As the MoFA, no less. Also, my nation has three open war slots. If you think I should be perma-ZI'd, then attack me and do it.
[/quote]

Support or not, leave your aa and I'll be around your house with chocolates, flowers and nukes. (or would be, if I was in range).

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='assarax' date='17 July 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1279377033' post='2375776']
Now, now, Shoofly. Don't go about saying that Pez should be Perma-ZI'd. You know we don't roll like that. Honestly, the past is the past. Pez's actions have most certainly left a bad taste in a lot of Legionnaires' mouths, but if we're ever going to move forward, we need to let it go.

Hai Pez! :P

Also, sorry to see this go, but I guess it was needed. Good luck to Valhalla.
[/quote]

Bah. Humbug. Good ridd...er, good luck Valhalla.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='17 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1279377627' post='2375779']
Support or not, leave your aa and I'll be around your house with chocolates, flowers and nukes. (or would be, if I was in range).
[/quote]

I hear this from current and former Legionnaires pretty regularly. I'm shocked that I haven't had more rogue attacks. I've only had one, and it was a Valhallan!

[quote name='pezstar' date='17 July 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1279379059' post='2375791']
I hear this from current and former Legionnaires pretty regularly. I'm shocked that I haven't had more rogue attacks. I've only had one, and it was a Valhallan!
[/quote]

Mostly because we are law abiding folks. Bad enough that ordinary Legionaires paid for what you did, without causing STA trouble too.

I never understood the hate for Pez' and can only wonder whether the people screaming bloody murder at her wouldn't have made the same decision in her place.
[size="1"]p. sure that hb wouldn't have[/size]

Edited by michaeru

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='15 July 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1279226130' post='2373395']The Legion has its head so far up the NPO's butt that they can see Invicta's feet.
[/quote]

I beg to differ, but, hey, that's just coming from someone inside the aforementioned alliance.

[quote name='michaeru' date='17 July 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1279380798' post='2375805']
I never understood the hate for Pez' and can only wonder whether the people screaming bloody murder at her wouldn't have made the same decision in her place.
[size="1"]p. sure that hb wouldn't have[/size]
[/quote]

Made the same decision? The decision wasn't hers to make.

The position of The Legion regarding Pezstar is one of forgiveness and moving on. Some of us (obviously) don't forget so easily. But let's move on at least.

[quote]<XXXXXXXX> he started with that, and then said "It's important to them that we cancel with you first"[/quote]
Wait, really? You'd drop an ally just because you're treaty-hunting with somebody else? I wouldn't [i]want[/i] to sign a treaty with an alliance that does that.

[quote]The Legion has its head so far up the NPO's butt that they can see Invicta's feet.[/quote]
That really was a fantastic one-liner, whether you agree with it or not.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='17 July 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1279383096' post='2375849']
Wait, really? You'd drop an ally just because you're treaty-hunting with somebody else? I wouldn't [i]want[/i] to sign a treaty with an alliance that does that.
[/quote]
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Continuum

They may not have done it to you, but I do believe it's well established that NPO did it with MCXA and Echelon (who even admitted it).

[quote name='flak attack' date='17 July 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1279389060' post='2376008']
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Continuum

They may not have done it to you, but I do believe it's well established that NPO did it with MCXA and Echelon (who even admitted it).
[/quote]

I am actually thinking that Legion is moving to Red :awesome:

What does Red Dawn have against BAPS and Valhalla?

You heard it here first folks.

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='16 July 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1279347272' post='2375585']
[b]So your saying Orrple was total waste of time?? [/b]so when Legion and ODN fought together in GW1 & GW3 it was of no consequence?. Seems my nation fought for nothing then because all we apparently supplied was spam and caek...thanks Pezstar for bestowing your wisdom and confirming that an old fool such as myself wasted my time on Orrple :mellow:
[/quote]

Pez did not have to say it, a member of ODN .gov DURING the time of ORRPLE allready did ;)

[quote]<diomede> I won't deny that orrple sucks[/quote] :awesome:

[quote name='chefjoe' date='18 July 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1279408970' post='2376401']
Pez did not have to say it, a member of ODN .gov DURING the time of ORRPLE allready did ;)

:awesome:
[/quote]
Diomede!! :mad:. For the record I do not see Orrple as having been a waste, Its a shame those who were not around for some of its better times like I was have seen fit to judge it in such a negative manner. Surely it should be judged over the entirety of its existence, not just during one period....meh I suppose I really am a sentimental old fool

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='17 July 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1279409536' post='2376408']
Diomede!! :mad:. For the record I do not see Orrple as having been a waste, Its a shame those who were not around for some of its better times like I was have seen fit to judge it in such a negative manner. Surely it should be judged over the entirety of its existence, not just during one period....meh I suppose I really am a sentimental old fool
[/quote]

Cata, I WAS there during the 'better' times of ORRPLE. I started my PB life in Legion. I even cross military trained with ODN .mil(I know sad eh? :awesome: ) in some intra alliance 'trade off' deal for a little while. So I understand what you are saying, and im sure others do also, and some may even agree with you.

It just wont be me doing the agreeing, nor does it look like Pez will either. :P

Edited by chefjoe