Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' date='14 July 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1279134294' post='2371301']
Valhalla is among our closest treaties, and we hold it in very high regard.
[/quote]

If that were true, this thread would not exist.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xiph you don't understand. We're doing an aidfall. We're recruting again. My computer's hard drive is being RMA'd for randomly wiping itself while making sounds like it's in a blender...

Perfect time for war. GOD knows every other ******* time I have computer issues we wind up warring and I got to drive across town at 1am to my brother's to be able to attack/defend myself.

TL;DR Your doin' it wrong.

I invite everyone who are saying "It's just 5 days of peace mode, it doesn't hurt at all" to go into peace mode themselves.

Also it's funny to see Kronos members saying: "There were no intention to harm Valhalla or make them look ridiculous"

[quote name='Machiavelli'][i]Isn't the intention who validates the act, but the result.[/i] [/quote]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1279146251' post='2371678']
If you are unhappy with the outcome, unhappy with the fact Valhalla have dealt with it, go take your nation and alliance buddies and DoW on GOD/GOONS/Kronos. Really please do!
[/quote]
And what would be the point of that? Throwing a few nations into a raging fire achieves nothing. It's far better to get into minds, influence people and attempt to secure a lasting change in attitudes, don't you think?

If you truly believe that the best way of expressing feelings of distaste is to immediately declare war (regardless of any existing circumstances) as though you are some sort of primitive imbecile then I have to say that I feel nothing but pity for you.

Well, if Kry says it's cool then it's cool. At the same time I'll be interested to see who's head(s) will roll. While we have been good friends with Kronos for a bit of time now, we all know that the captain of the ship bears ultimate responsibility for the actions of his crew. The perpetrator needs to be held accountable and those who participated in this need to be dealt with summarily.

Just sayin'

Shelt

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1279154202' post='2371867']
I'd estimate Valhalla's total losses at about 250 million, which about half their daily income.

Peanuts.
[/quote]
Less than that. If they are smart about it (which they probably will be), they will suffer nothing worse than -3 happiness for two days of collection. I got worse than that by not optimizing my trades today.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1279154202' post='2371867']
I'd estimate Valhalla's total losses at about 250 million, which about half their daily income.

Peanuts.
[/quote]

What about CSN send ~250 million to me? I'd appreciate.

[quote name='flak attack' date='14 July 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1279154677' post='2371882']
Less than that. If they are smart about it (which they probably will be), they will suffer nothing worse than -3 happiness for two days of collection. I got worse than that by not optimizing my trades today.
[/quote]

Good point, I was assuming the penalty for all 5 days of collection, but of course they can avoid 3/5ths of it.

So about 100 million.

[quote name='wickedj' date='14 July 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1279155087' post='2371892']
What? ..no really..what? lol
[/quote]

I believe he's trying to convince me that 250 (corrected to 100) million is a large sum by asking that my alliance pay it.

But honestly, I could pay it myself and not be affected in the slightest. It is a minuscule amount in this day and age.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1279155282' post='2371895']
I believe he's trying to convince me that 250 (corrected to 100) million is a large sum by asking that my alliance pay it.

But honestly, I could pay it myself and not be affected in the slightest. It is a minuscule amount in this day and age.
[/quote]

So are you sending me 100m? :v:

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='15 July 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1279154064' post='2371864']
And what would be the point of that? Throwing a few nations into a raging fire achieves nothing. It's far better to get into minds, influence people and attempt to secure a lasting change in attitudes, don't you think?

If you truly believe that the best way of expressing feelings of distaste is to immediately declare war (regardless of any existing circumstances) as though you are some sort of primitive imbecile then I have to say that I feel nothing but pity for you.
[/quote]

His posts wont influence anything and I doubt yours would to, an alliance will do as they please, whether you try to score cheap PR points or not.

GOD has apologised in private no doubt, even some of Valhalla's members can see the joke (even as distasteful as it was) I asked the question will GOD compensate for this joke? (if so) then really they are paying for the joke. What more do you want? Them to disband and forever be forgotten? just like the olden days? If that has not pleased him then surely what other action is there to take? Score cheap PR points? Ramble about tinfoil hat theories? Take your hatred and do something with it by declaring.

Also yea I'm an imbecile and a heathen and I resort to violence first and btw I also punch kittens ;)

Luckily I'm not to concerned about what you think and luckily I'm not going to lose sleep over some insignificant clinger like you :D

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 July 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1279155282' post='2371895']

[/quote]

With large amounts like that its more a matter of slots isn't it?

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1279149202' post='2371746']
Hey, someone who's not in GOD, GOONS, Kronos, or MK who think's it's funny. Also someone who has obviously not thought it through for more than thirty-five seconds. I'm sure you'd find it [i]enormously[/i] funny if Guru Order lost proportionally as much money as Valhalla did due to this.
[/quote]

I'm not in those alliances either and quite frankly, Xiph and I strongly agree on some things and on other things I have massive problems with his policies. You can ask Hoo and Goose and Delta if you doubt me on that.

With all that said and despite my concerns as this thing was unfolding, I found this -- and the ex-hegemony members crying about a joke -- completely hilarious.

[quote]I invite everyone who are saying "It's just 5 days of peace mode, it doesn't hurt at all" to go into peace mode themselves.[/quote]

I have. Without the benefit of tons of economic wonders. It's not that bad if you come out on day 5.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1279156462' post='2371924']
With large amounts like that its more a matter of slots isn't it?
[/quote]

Indeed. In this case, the money lost from happiness penalties does not take up any aid slots at all, so it is negligible.

However, it is important to note that nations in peace mode cannot send aid, and so there will quite likely be a bit of delay for on some aid cycles. Shouldn't be too serious, but certainly a little annoying for whoever runs the finance show at Valhalla.

250 million? I would say Valhalla is definitely justified in demanding more meaningful reparation, probably 50 tech to each member who entered Peace Mode. Do not forget, this little adventure probably disrupted virtually every tech trade in their alliance. The loss of income for trade/improvement swaps is probably negligible in comparison (less than 250 million, for sure, given only the 45 largest alliances entered Peace Mode).

Edited by Taishaku

[quote name='Jrenster' date='14 July 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1279141515' post='2371532']
I was just wondering because we got reports that it was legitimate but no actual evidence to support it. Seemed a bit fishy at the time.

And I didn't think it was that funny. But bullies that gather around their circle to play pranks on people tend to find those kinds of things funny. I see where you're coming from, I suppose.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong...this isn't something we would have pulled on our [i]own[/i] treaty partners, but Valhalla's even less cordial than the NSO to GOONS, so the whole situation is funny to us....especially the peace mode part. Also, if your intel sources are [i]that[/i] bad, you really should focus on getting new ones.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1279142861' post='2371577']
Oh really?

Valhalla, An alliance that was just involved in a devastating war (which it lost) hears that it may be attacked by GOD and GOONS, who's combined NS and members dwarf theirs. Their perceived opposition also has the two world dominating as allies.

And you're making fun of them for diving into peace mode?

Thanks bro, I needed a new sig.
[/quote]

Yeah I am. I know that my alliance wouldn't dive into peace mode against any odds. so yes. I'm making fun of them

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1279121929' post='2371010']
That's "GOONS" not "GOON's", and I'll thank you to save your bile, as we (The modern GOONS) have never done such a thing.
[/quote]
You guys are pretty young. GOD are an older alliance, and allied to you, and have in fact done such a thing.

Have faith, you'll catch up eventually.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1279140251' post='2371481']
You're delusional if you think GOONS 1.0 would love you back now, look at your allies for god's sake.
[/quote]
BAPS has five MDP partners. One did not exist in 2007. Of the other four, two were members of the Unjust Path, one fought for tilde, and one was backup for tilde but didn't fight.

They haven't really changed their foreign policy all that much.

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 July 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1279141000' post='2371508']
Unfortunately for you, there is no history of making up evidence to roll alliances post-Karma.
[/quote]
[quote name='Banksy' date='14 July 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1279143030' post='2371581']
Oh, I see! SG is [i]worse[/i] than the hegemony because they [i]don't[/i] roll people. What a world we live in.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76885