GOONS Raiding NV Protectorates an Applicants

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 May 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1274374986' post='2305325']
Allright, time out... does Nueba Vueda really have a council of the God's and a Hummingbird Throne? If so, that would be awesome! :awesome:
[/quote]

Actually, yes. lol. Council of the Gods are all of us old retired Emperors.

and the hummingbird throne was originally called "my shiney throne", then there were so many er, virgin "sacrifices" and "love stains" that it became less shiney. So we had to name it something else.

But to answer your question, yes. we have both. :)

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 May 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1274375270' post='2305328']
They are also hitting a protectorate of TPF. Which it clearly states on their (ECAA) wiki page
[/quote]

Well, I hope that GOONs are in talks with TPF about this.

I also hope that GOONs are rethinking their practice of raiding or at least watching their members closer. I am sure they are.

[quote name='PrinceArutha' date='20 May 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1274375735' post='2305341']
Well, I hope that GOONs are in talks with TPF about this.

I also hope that GOONs are rethinking their practice of raiding or at least watching their members closer. I am sure they are.
[/quote]
They should go ant talk to IRON, The Legion, ODN & FARK too :facepalm:

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 May 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1274375270' post='2305328']
They are also hitting a protectorate of TPF. Which it clearly states on their (ECAA) wiki page
[/quote]
We're already aware of this and peace was sent awhile ago, but I thank you for your concern. These members will all be disciplined of course.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 May 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1274374986' post='2305325']
Allright, time out... does Nueba Vueda really have a council of the God's and a Hummingbird Throne? If so, that would be awesome! :awesome:
[/quote]

Yep :blush:

On a different note to respond on this issue.

Nueva Vida does not desire war with GOONS nor will we hold a grudge against them, the issue is being solved and I have to compliment those from GOONS who have talked to us. From the logs available to me the matter was handled nicely.

Furthermore I wish to thank our friends, you managed to get ready on only moment's notice and your speed is highly appreciated. Now lets all go back to peacefully collecting and paying bills.

Y'all should have noobs wait a couple weeks before they start tech raiding... that way they can learn the ropes before battering on the wrong people.. or something of that nature :D

And the Gods always want blood...blood is always the answer :ph34r:

[quote name='zzzptm' date='20 May 2010 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1274359316' post='2304990']
Let me also clarify the status of the current situation: The GOONS have ordered peace to their nations. The Emperor of Nueva Vida has yet to make a final decision on the range of consequences that would be appropriate. He will take counsel from the gods and then speak wisdom from the Hummingbird Throne.
[/quote]
So, if im reading this correctly GOONS and NV are peacefully working out their issue where is doesnt concern RV or NSO?

[color=blue]LOOK AT ME!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! I NEED ATTENTION[/color]

Or maybe authorize your members to techraid before they do, so that they know who to and who not to raid. That can't be too hard.

You also need to send some of your guys to some kind of Diplomacy school. Honestly, when you (and I mean your members that actually mean something) go off and threaten peeps be it NV, NATO or us, and we tell you that we'd have no problem retaliating, [i]we mean it[/i].

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='20 May 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1274381645' post='2305492']
Or maybe authorize your members to techraid before they do, so that they know who to and who not to raid. That can't be too hard.
[/quote]

This has worked for TOOL, barring the odd person who thinks they're above the system. (I'm looking at you, Evileel.)

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='20 May 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1274381645' post='2305492']

You also need to send some of your guys to some kind of Diplomacy school. Honestly, when you (and I mean your members that actually mean something) go off and threaten peeps be it NV, NATO or us, and we tell you that we'd have no problem retaliating, [i]we mean it[/i].
[/quote]
So how about this, you guys stay out of our announcements and we'll stay out of yours. All I seem to see is NSO creating and prolonging arguments in GOON related matters.
While we do have our occasional mistaken protectorate raids, they always seem to be handled without issue.

edit: [ooc]changed possible ooc terms[/ooc]

Edited by Jakome

[quote name='Sardonic' date='20 May 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1274332761' post='2304545']
Calm yourself, we sent peace when we were informed of these recent incidents, and this is being worked out.
[/quote]

Of course, if you can raid, send peace, and walk away laughing, then you are getting exactly what you want. A chance to tech raid with no repercussions.

Simply sending peace after people complain that you attacked them isn't sufficient.

[quote name='Baldr' date='20 May 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1274384421' post='2305572']
Of course, if you can raid, send peace, and walk away laughing, then you are getting exactly what you want. A chance to tech raid with no repercussions.

Simply sending peace after people complain that you attacked them isn't sufficient.
[/quote]
This really isn't up to you or I to decide. Discussions will be held I'm sure just as they were/are(?) with NV.

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='20 May 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1274381645' post='2305492']

[/quote]1) We didn't threaten NATO.
2) We didn't threaten you.
3) We don't "need" to do anything. But thank you.
4) I'm so tired of this incessant need to constantly threaten us, and then act like we're so horrible for implying something in a mocking post that any idea would've understood. NoR and NV are close, so they're excused from this. But NSO, get off your high horse. If you had "no problem" retaliating, you'd have started fighting us the second this began.

Spoiler alert: You didn't.

[quote name='wickedj' date='20 May 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1274379415' post='2305439']
[size="2"]So, if im reading this correctly GOONS and NV are peacefully working out their issue where is doesnt concern RV or NSO?

[color="blue"]LOOK AT ME!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! I NEED ATTENTION[/color]
[/quote]Yeeep. Glad there's at least one other person out there who understands xD.

[size="2"][quote name='Baldr' date='20 May 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1274384421' post='2305572']

[/quote]Did you miss the "and this is being worked out" part?[/size][/size]

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1274354530' post='2304913']
[color="#0000FF"]One of those nations that raided the applicant AA has been in GOONS for a month. The other almost two. And those that raided NV's protectorate have been around for at least two hundred days. Tell me, how long does it take to get in your members heads that you do not raid applicant alliances or protectorates? You can play the stupid newbie card are you want, but face it, these aren't newbies. They've been around for awhile and they've had plenty of time to learn what is and is not allowed.[/color]
[/quote]

Some people join AA's and dont leave, aka, ghosts. It is really hard to ghost bust at the sub 1kns level, especially when GOONs are gaining so many newbies at one time.

[quote name='Archanis' date='20 May 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1274385429' post='2305592']
Did you miss the "and this is being worked out" part?[/quote]

No. But "we're talking" doesn't go far when everything posted here makes it sound like you don't think you did anything wrong.

So far, in the thread, I've seen "Hey, we offered peace!" and "We can't be expected to control our new members".

I haven't seen "We shouldn't have done that", and I haven't seen "We will pay reps".

We've seen other cases where GOONS raided an alliance and were not willing to pay reps, so I don't automatically assume that "we're talking" means "we were wrong and will pay reps".

[quote name='kerschbs' date='20 May 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1274385687' post='2305599']
Some people join AA's and dont leave, aka, ghosts. It is really hard to ghost bust at the sub 1kns level, especially when GOONs are gaining so many newbies at one time.
[/quote]

When you are gaining a lot of newbies, it's much easier to ghost bust at a small levels, because you have a bunch of small nations in range to attack. Send them some funding, some advice, and a target. It's when you have few newbies that small level nations are safe from you.

[quote name='Baldr' date='20 May 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1274386116' post='2305614']
No. But "we're talking" doesn't go far when everything posted here makes it sound like you don't think you did anything wrong.

So far, in the thread, I've seen "Hey, we offered peace!" and "We can't be expected to control our new members".

I haven't seen "We shouldn't have done that", and I haven't seen "We will pay reps".

We've seen other cases where GOONS raided an alliance and were not willing to pay reps, so I don't automatically assume that "we're talking" means "we were wrong and will pay reps".
[/quote]
You assume far too much. Reps WERE offered last night in talks with NV, we just don't see the need to regale the peanut gallery with logs of the private conversation we've had or update you on every little thing you decide to :(( GOONS :(( all over when you haven't the slightest bit of what actually went on.

Edited by Biazt

Come on GOONS, learn to regulate your raids better.

[quote name='nippy' date='20 May 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1274348615' post='2304804']
Hahaha....I like how NSO is the world's defender from evil. The Sith, ever-vigilant good guys of planet Bob. Keep up the good work, fellers. :awesome:
[/quote]
Yes because one Acolyte speaks for the entire alliance of the NSO.

[size="2"][quote name='kevin32891' date='20 May 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1274387718' post='2305646']
Come on GOONS, learn to regulate your raids better.

Yes because one Acolyte speaks for the entire alliance of the NSO.
[/quote]He wasn't mocking you. Good to know everything we say to you guys will be taken as such, though. Just further proves the point of how everyone needs to cut the :(( GOONS :(( crap down, because it's growing tiresome listening to the same group of people jump over [b]every single thing[/b] we say.[/size]

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='wickedj' date='20 May 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1274379415' post='2305439']
So, if im reading this correctly GOONS and NV are peacefully working out their issue where is doesnt concern RV or NSO?

[color=blue]LOOK AT ME!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! I NEED ATTENTION[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As I have already mentioned, this is a public matter and I am part of the public. Furthermore, there are no unconcerned parties anymore, as an abuse against one alliance, if the precedent is allowed to be set, will soon be done against others. And finally, I have always held NV in the highest regard, so this is a matter that interests me personally.[/color]

[quote name='kerschbs' date='20 May 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1274385687' post='2305599']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except ghosts were not involved here, so your point is irrelevant. I do not know what GOONS has been telling you, but these were in fact members of the alliance, most of whom have been around for awhile, raiding protectorate and applicant AAs. And no, these are not isolated incidents.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1274389038' post='2305682']
[color="#0000FF"]As I have already mentioned, this is a public matter and I am part of the public. Furthermore, there are no unconcerned parties anymore, as an abuse against one alliance, if the precedent is allowed to be set, will soon be done against others. And finally, I have always held NV in the highest regard, so this is a matter that interests me personally.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Except ghosts were not involved here, so your point is irrelevant. I do not know what GOONS has been telling you, but these were in fact members of the alliance, most of whom have been around for awhile, raiding protectorate and applicant AAs. And no, these are not isolated incidents.[/color]
[/quote]
Blah blah blah situation has already been handled.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1274389085' post='2305685']
Blah blah blah situation has already been handled.
[/quote]
"Except that the matter of repairing your reputation still hasn't been resolved. Even though the raids might have finally been put to rest, the attitude you show off is... less than admirable."