GOONS Raiding NV Protectorates an Applicants

[color="#0000FF"]While I am aware this is a continuation of an off topic discussion elsewhere I find that it would be polite to brief those unfamiliar with situation. GOONS hit Armageddon, an NV protectorate, after "failing" to verify that it was actually an NV protectorate. Quite frankly GOONS realized that since no treaty was posted publicly it could hope to get away with the raid by feigning ignorance on the topic after it failed to contact NV. They may be able to spew nonsense about this, but I would love to hear their explanation for raiding NV Applicant. I am sure they were not aware that was protected by NV either.[/color]

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1274332050' post='2304502']
Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post hm RV? For one thing, there is no posted treaty/protectorate, it's a "protected by NV" in their bios. Secondly, we did recognize their protection and peace was sent.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And that should be enough to at least give your members the cue to visit NV and ask them to confirm whether or not that was indeed true. Which you did not do, and you did not take action to end the raids until NV called you out publicly.[/color]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1274332143' post='2304504']
Like I said, once we were contacted by NV we sent peace. This wasn't a government sanctioned raid and we were unaware of it until NV contacted us.
[/quote]

Except that's not what NV says happened. And they have a good track record when it comes to honesty and character. So yeah, no. You tried to get away with it. And now you're running away with your tail between your legs. Like you have done every other time you have faced any opposition. You did it when NpO got pissed at your raiding, you did it when RIA told you to go away, you did it now. Whenever you threaten someone and they stand up to it, you suddenly change your tune to "JUST JOKING HA HA HA HA HA WE'RE FUNNY GUNEZ SEE?" Grow a spine.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='20 May 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1274332761' post='2304545']
Calm yourself, we sent peace when we were informed of these recent incidents, and this is being worked out.
[/quote]

So you didn't happen to notice your wars against NV Applicant over the past two days?

The evidence of your incompetence keeps mounting, GOONS. I haven't seen this many mistakes by leaderships since GGA.

GOONS leadership has assured us that peace has been sent and we are currently in ongoing negotiations. The offer to end the raids came after GOONS invited me to speak with them, which followed my question if NV should "do something about it".

But they are offering peace and are remaining in negotiations, so there is some productive movement in the matter.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='20 May 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1274332761' post='2304545']
Calm yourself, we sent peace when we were informed of these recent incidents, and this is being worked out.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You sent peace after NV decided to call you out on it publicly.[/color]

There really is no need for a new thread RV. I do appreciate your willingness to defend Nueva Vida and stick up for us. It is appreciated, sir.

I am confident that this issue is either closed or nearing a close for the time being and that Nueva Vida and GOONs are handling this situation via private channels. They understand that their raiding of our protectorate was as they say "No bueno" and we are working on handling this diplomatically. Ive been in personal query with Both Sardonic and Biazt and they have assured me that amends will be made where appropriate. There are some issues here that both GOONs AND Nueva Vida are needing to fix on both ends and I am confident that this will all be handled before the sun rises.

I will also say that as soon as we got things into private channels ftw that Sardonic has been a pleasure to deal with and is actually pretty cool. Biatz on the other hand has a love of steak that i can only call abnormal and I am glad that we both agree it should NEVER be cooked over medium... preferably not even beyond Rare.

I'm going to respond to statements made in another thread, since I certainly wouldn't want to be accused of derailing another discussion.

First:

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1274331075' post='2304444']
[b]*GOONS attacks NV protectorates and applicants[/b]
*NV threatens GOONS via "do something about it"
*Everyone is chill*
*GOONS threatens NV via "do something about it"
*Everyone rages*[/quote]

Fixed that for you, sunshine. Don't cry victim or complain about some non-existent double standard. You started this.

[quote]I thought most of you guys realized "do something about it" was a just a stupid meme and I hardly take it seriously. [/quote]

Stupid is as stupid does.

But since you like to play at being obtuse -- I [i]hope[/i] you're playing, anyway -- let me be even more clear.

[b]I don't care how funny you [i]think[/i] you're being.[/b] If you threaten Nueva Vida you are threatening Nordreich.*

* - And many, many other alliances.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='20 May 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1274333703' post='2304596']
I'm going to respond to statements made in another thread, since I certainly wouldn't want to be accused of derailing another discussion.

First:

Fixed that for you, sunshine. Don't cry victim or complain about some non-existent double standard. You started this.

Stupid is as stupid does.

But since you like to play at being obtuse -- I [i]hope[/i] you're playing, anyway -- let me be even more clear.

[b]I don't care how funny you [i]think[/i] you're being.[/b] If you threaten Nueva Vida you are threatening Nordreich.*

[/quote]
Why are you trying to make this bigger than what it is? A few of our members mistakenly raided an AA that is protected by NV, NV contacted us, peace was sent and NV is fine with it, as evidenced by the post above yours.

I'm sure NV appreciates your clarification of protection even when the threat is made jokingly

Edited by Biazt

I'm quite happy to say that I put my foot in my mouth in the other thread and am happy to retract my comments. I had no idea that NV had tried to contact us prior to commenting publicly. In future, I'll refrain from commenting on such things until I have the facts to hand. Sorry guys.

It appears to me that the two belligerents in this conflict have worked things out, and are continuing to smooth things over through private channels. There is nothing productive that can come from saber rattling on either side. So let's all just shut our mouths and only speak when spoken to. If GOONS/NV needs your assistance, they will ask you for it. Until then, let's not escalate this through stupidity any more than it already is.

I am gone for just one night and look what happens!

Seriously guys.

I wasn't around for dealing with the protectorate issue so I will withhold comment. It seems to be taken care of, and I thank NV for being reasonable.

As for the NV applicants being raided - are you aware that GOONS has gained 60 nations in the last few weeks? It is unfortunate but true that some of them possess the intellectual capacity of [i]cement[/i]. We really do try our best to instill upon them the rules and customs of the world at large, but sometimes it just doesn't take.

For those who took Biazt's post as a legitimate threat, I simply have no words. Have you ever heard of mockery via imitation? Read it again but in a silly voice and it might make more sense. And did you miss the part where he was using the exact same phrasing as the post he was quoting? Did you see any of our allies getting [i]all up ins[/i] over that initial remark?

Though I must say I'm a bit impressed. I know there are some who like to snipe at GOONS whenever we rear our unjust little heads, and I accept this. We don't do things on the basis that they'll make people like us, so detractors are simply the natural course of things. But I really had no idea how many of you were waiting in the wings for when you see something you [i]really[/i] feel you can decry.

Hahaha....I like how NSO is the world's defender from evil. The Sith, ever-vigilant good guys of planet Bob. Keep up the good work, fellers. :awesome:

[quote name='nippy' date='20 May 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1274348615' post='2304804']
Hahaha....I like how NSO is the world's defender from evil. The Sith, ever-vigilant good guys of planet Bob. Keep up the good work, fellers. :awesome:
[/quote]

There is no emotion...

[quote name='Lezrahi' date='20 May 2010 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1274349471' post='2304811']
There is no emotion...
[/quote]ONLY PEACE!

He's right though, it is pretty funny when you think about it. It'd be like if MK was actually "bowser's castle" but went everywhere going CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS?

Ahh, irony. How we do love you.

Edit: It occurs to me now that I actually didn't have to flip MK around, cause it's still pretty funny. That is, MK defends _us_ most of the time. Mushroom Kingdom, a place in video games known as "where the good guys live", is defending GOONS for every bad thing they ever do. xDD I love it.

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='20 May 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1274333703' post='2304596']Stupid is as stupid does.

[/quote]Ashoka, I've talked to you before in that "amazing like race" thread. From your posts, it's BLATANTLY obvious that you're a reasonable fellow (no, I'm not being even slightly sarcastic). So come on, mate, you gotta see this from our point as well (I don't mean agree with us, I mean try to look at it from our point of view). Broazt wasn't trying to threaten NV, even we GOONS aren't _that_ war hungry. He was just flipping a response around to redirect it at someone else. It's like...

"Your alliance is using extortion."
"YOU'RE extortion!"

Which is a pretty much direct example from that thread, which I yelled jokingly at a NATO member. Obviously, my response did not mean a damn thing. It was just teasing, and perhaps a LITTLE mocking though all lightheartedly. I would guess (Don't quote me on this, though, since I'm obviously not Broazt and thus can't really speak directly for him) that his post was meant to be the same thing.

I assure you, Ash - none of us want to war NV. Nor do we wish to war NoR. Your alliance is, as odd as this sounds, the most reasonable bunch of nazis I've ever had the pleasure to speak with :lol1:. As broazt said though, even if you are arguing against us, I'm sure NV will be very happy to see that you're extremely quick to jump to their defence both verbally and physically (referring to threatening war, of course). It speaks [b]very[/b] well for how highly your alliance holds their treaties :).

[quote name='ktarthan' date='20 May 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1274343072' post='2304760']
As for the NV applicants being raided - are you aware that GOONS has gained 60 nations in the last few weeks? It is unfortunate but true that some of them possess the intellectual capacity of [i]cement[/i]. We really do try our best to instill upon them the rules and customs of the world at large, but sometimes it just doesn't take.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]One of those nations that raided the applicant AA has been in GOONS for a month. The other almost two. And those that raided NV's protectorate have been around for at least two hundred days. Tell me, how long does it take to get in your members heads that you do not raid applicant alliances or protectorates? You can play the stupid newbie card are you want, but face it, these aren't newbies. They've been around for awhile and they've had plenty of time to learn what is and is not allowed.[/color]

I will accept that Biazt's threat is a "joke" when GOONS members realize that anyone reading it is completely justified in inferring otherwise. Biazt would personally do well to realize that 'tone' is damn-near impossible to convey via the written word. With a bit of luck that realization will encourage him to use his words a bit more carefully in the future.

And yes, we do jump to our friends' defense quickly. Nueva Vida has shown itself to be one of the finest alliances (and best allies) out there. (You may have inferred this from the sheer number of people from various alliances who leapt to their defense.) Nordreich's relationship with Nueva Vida goes back [i]years[/i] and is such that nearly all leading Nordreich members consider them to be our brothers. My own relationship with that alliance is such that I have previously (and frequently) referred to them as the one alliance I consider to be a [i]personal[/i] friend of mine.

Extremism in the defense of Nueva Vida is no vice. Moderation in the defense of Nueva Vida is no virtue.

Let me also clarify the status of the current situation: The GOONS have ordered peace to their nations. The Emperor of Nueva Vida has yet to make a final decision on the range of consequences that would be appropriate. He will take counsel from the gods and then speak wisdom from the Hummingbird Throne.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='20 May 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1274357282' post='2304956']
I will accept that Biazt's threat is a "joke" when GOONS members realize that anyone reading it is completely justified in inferring otherwise. Biazt would personally do well to realize that 'tone' is damn-near impossible to convey via the written word. With a bit of luck that realization will encourage him to use his words a bit more carefully in the future.

And yes, we do jump to our friends' defense quickly. Nueva Vida has shown itself to be one of the finest alliances (and best allies) out there. (You may have inferred this from the sheer number of people from various alliances who leapt to their defense.) Nordreich's relationship with Nueva Vida goes back [i]years[/i] and is such that nearly all leading Nordreich members consider them to be our brothers. My own relationship with that alliance is such that I have previously (and frequently) referred to them as the one alliance I consider to be a [i]personal[/i] friend of mine.

Extremism in the defense of Nueva Vida is no vice. Moderation in the defense of Nueva Vida is no virtue.
[/quote]

This is one of the best descriptions of NV i have seen. NV has and will always defend their allies regardless of personal cost to them. To have NV as an ally means you will always have someone at your back should you need it. From my time in Polaris, i have watched NV burn simply because they were treatied to Polaris. Never once (to my knowledge) did i (personally) hear a complaint from any of them. They took those lumps, dished it out hard, and continued to be one of Polaris's greatest friends. NV has always been an honorable and respectable alliance. and i agree with KZ's last sentence. NV would do the exact same for any of their allies that KZ is doing here.

That being said, i am also sure that NV is working with GOONS to settle all the issues and while i am still not a huge fan of GOONS, from their last thread i have gained some better insight into how they operate and will hope that these issues will be settled satisfactorily and hopefully not happen again.

Aye, as Zog has mentioned, NV and the leaders of NOR have been very close for a long time. I count many of them as personal friends even OOC and in RL. We count them as our brothers, just as we do all our allies. Nueva Vida does not frequent these boards en masse for good reason, however if you asked any one nation of NV what our allies meant to us you would get much the same response "I see no allies... I only see aztecs". We dont claim to be the best.... We dont claim to be the scariest....we dont claim to be the most fierce. We are probably the most stubborn though. out of 126 members, I can assure you that 126 nations would come crashing down and burn for any of our brothers.

That being said, we dont see the point of pointless wars either when an ounce of diplomacy can be used to solve a problem. We afford the same passion for our enemies as we do our brothers. Even though our relationship is stressed right now, GOONs have actually been pretty cooperative and friendly.

Besides guys, you do realize that it isnt summer yet and finals are still going on... the next GW cant happen til all the kiddies get bored in june.

Dochartaigh, Thanks for the compliment. I dont think there was much complaining when NV was burning alongside Polaris. We took our lumps in good humor and new that through all the blood on the battlefield we were creating blood brothers in Polaris and some other alliances. Those alliances know who they are....We call them allies/brothers.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1274334787' post='2304629']
Why are you trying to make this bigger than what it is? A few of our members mistakenly raided an AA that is protected by NV, NV contacted us, peace was sent and NV is fine with it, as evidenced by the post above yours.

I'm sure NV appreciates your clarification of protection even when the threat is made jokingly
[/quote]

Once again, nobody saw it as a 'joke'. You should have made it more clear that it WAS a joke. Impressions are everything. Frankly, I still don't believe you that it was a joke. I think it was an actual threat. You've shown over the past couple of months that you'll say anything you have to to squirm out of difficult positions you put yourselves into. You've built a reputation of being dishonest worms, and I will treat your words as such.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='zzzptm' date='20 May 2010 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1274359316' post='2304990']
Let me also clarify the status of the current situation: The GOONS have ordered peace to their nations. The Emperor of Nueva Vida has yet to make a final decision on the range of consequences that would be appropriate. He will take counsel from the gods and then speak wisdom from the Hummingbird Throne.
[/quote]

Allright, time out... does Nueba Vueda really have a council of the God's and a Hummingbird Throne? If so, that would be awesome! :awesome: