Walking the walk

Corinan

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='06 May 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1273152523' post='2288966']
What's the reason for the duel by the way? (Just genuinely curious)
[/quote]
I suggest you read the first post in the thread.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 May 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1273152160' post='2288964']
Hey look It's Dark Fist! Right on time too!

Update has passed and no CSN challenger yet.
[/quote]

I feared that if we didn't post you would take it the wrong way.

Don't worry, schnookums. We still :wub: you.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='06 May 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1273152676' post='2288967']
I suggest you read the first post in the thread.
[/quote]

I did, "walking the walk" has nothing to do with a nation duel though.

My question was more along the lines of is there some sort of background with penkala that involves nation dueling that would make this challenge walking the walk? (i.e. him saying "you wouldn't nation duel me you just say you would", etc)

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='06 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1273152877' post='2288969']
I did, "walking the walk" has nothing to do with a nation duel though.

My question was more along the lines of is there some sort of background with penkala that involves nation dueling that would make this challenge walking the walk? (i.e. him saying "you wouldn't nation duel me you just say you would", etc)
[/quote]

Well reading post #2 wouldn't hurt either.

Eh, I have soft heart:
[size=2][quote name='Penkala' date='06 May 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1273098237' post='2288116']
You already failed the first time. Excuse us if we're not shaking in our boots thinking of the next matchup against you. And trust me, given our experience fighting you, you're no threat.
(...)
[/quote]
[quote name='Corinan' date='06 May 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1273100928' post='2288176']
I like how you're always insinuating that we suck at fighting after you fought "5%" of our nations. Perhaps you missed the 95% of us who kick $@! at war? You're at like 4 NS, man. Its nothing but rookies down at that level. Grow some and take me on. I'll hit you so hard your great grandchildren will glow green.
[/quote]
[/size][size=2][quote name='Penkala' date='06 May 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1273106147' post='2288298']
No, I've talked to my alliance mates too and haven't heard great things. Besides, I started off hitting your 15k NS nations. Were they 'rookies' too, Corinan? If so, you're not giving your members much credit. Then again, I'm not either.

Also, I'm really doubting that "4" number for NSO nations I've fought. But even if it was only 4 (which I find highly implausible), I was pretty unimpressed. And you said only 1 didn't have an MP. So only one was a "rookie" (maybe). Based on those stats I fought 3 experienced members of NSO, and I'm here yawning about my experience. Add another "NSOer" in RV and his mediocre skills (he missed a few opportunities to really hurt me and generally wasn't all that amazing), and I'm unimpressed.

I am more than confident that [b]myself and other CSNers can easily match up with and defeat individual NSO nations[/b]. After all, we already have. But NSO has always been one of those alliances that just talked and talked and talked and couldn't really walk the walk.
[/quote]
[/size]

[quote name='Cormalek' date='06 May 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1273153843' post='2288978']
Well reading post #2 wouldn't hurt either.

Eh, I have soft heart:
[size=2]

[/size][size=2]
[/size]
[/quote]

Didn't see the link in the second post, makes a little more sense now though. Personally I think NSO does better then most at "walking the walk" as an alliance in general, but I don't think nation duels have anything to do with it :x

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='06 May 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1273154554' post='2288982']
Didn't see the link in the second post, makes a little more sense now though. Personally I think NSO does better then most at "walking the walk" as an alliance in general, but I don't think nation duels have anything to do with it :x
[/quote]

Duel? Irrelevant. But calling a bluff is always fun.

And there's still the possibility of some kind of challenge on Steve. 2x2 or 4x4 perhaps?

All of this over Penkala? What? People actually care about him?

News to me.

If you folks are wanting to walk some walk (any walk, even a silly walk), just attack him already instead of engaging in this fruitless...whatever it is that you're doing here that is fruitless. There's not even a word for it. Its not even a call-out.

No, I really don't have anything better to do. I finally realized it's up to me to bring at least a little bit of drama into this realm. I've always found it interesting that people will complain about boredom, but then also ridicule a person when they do something like this. Sometimes you just have to go and make your own fun.

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 May 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1273159208' post='2289028']
No, I really don't have anything better to do. I finally realized it's up to me to bring at least a little bit of drama into this realm. I've always found it interesting that people will complain about boredom, but then also ridicule a person when they do something like this. Sometimes you just have to go and make your own fun.
[/quote]

No. Seriously. Who let Dopp out of his retirement home? Go back to your bingo and card-games old man, and let us deal with Penkala.

Again, this isn't necessarily just about Penkala. We're not even in range of each other to duel. This does, however, give his alliance an opportunity to prove that they're not a boring and terrible alliance. Let's see if they'll rise to the challenge.

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 May 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1273160388' post='2289050']
Again, this isn't necessarily just about Penkala. We're not even in range of each other to duel. This does, however, give his alliance an opportunity to prove that they're not a boring and terrible alliance. Let's see if they'll rise to the challenge.
[/quote]

Someone doesn't appreciate my jokes.

If CSN doesn't think this silly challenge warrants relaxing their no-dueling rule, come to Ragnarok. We don't have that restriction and we always appreciate a challenge, even if it comes with a big red nose and large floppy shoes.

[quote name='Tautology' date='06 May 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1273161999' post='2289067']
If CSN doesn't think this silly challenge warrants relaxing their no-dueling rule, come to Ragnarok. We don't have that restriction and we always appreciate a challenge, even if it comes with a big red nose and large floppy shoes.
[/quote]
Sounds tempting. Except I don't think Dopp hates you guys anymore. Or maybe he does. Let me ask.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='06 May 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1273172015' post='2289208']
Sounds tempting. Except I don't think Dopp hates you guys anymore. Or maybe he does. Let me ask.
[/quote]

Oh I do. They're a stain of an alliance.

It's a shame that Ragnarok won't let CSN fight their own battles. Nice try on deflecting attention away from their cowardice though. I posted the link to my nation in the OP. If Ragnarok truly wanted a piece of me they'd know where to find me.

Press button, receive $@!-kicking. Do it.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 May 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1273106147' post='2288298']
Add another "NSOer" in RV and his mediocre skills (he missed a few opportunities to really hurt me and generally wasn't all that amazing), and I'm unimpressed.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can't believe I missed this until now, but I must say you truly are deluded thinking I didn't do anything to do. Considering you were 600 NS after I was done with you, despite receiving a large influx of money from your alliance, I doubt you can claim to be the great warrior you think you are. However, if you ever decide you want another go you know where to find me.[/color]

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 May 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1273116264' post='2288616']
Penkala is really the only one who cares, its NSO whos been calling for the destruction of CSN iirc
[/quote]
Yeah, hi. remember this post? You guys have calling for our destruction since..oh Jack Diorno invaded "Sith property". Yet here you are wanting us to attack you when there isnt a soul in CSN who cares about NSO(Anyone who cites Penkala as 'caring' should really have their head examined)

[quote name='wickedj' date='06 May 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1273174396' post='2289228']
Yeah, hi. remember this post? You guys have calling for our destruction since..oh Jack Diorno invaded "Sith property". Yet here you are wanting us to attack you when there isnt a soul in CSN who cares about NSO(Anyone who cites Penkala as 'caring' should really have their head examined)
[/quote]

we need a half-decent enemy though. Otherwise we'd just be left with DarkFist, and as we all know their leadership is mentally handicapped, so it's not that fair.

Speaking of which, if no one in CSN wants at Doppel, would someone from DF stand up?

(Oh and it only takes one bad poster to get people to hate an entire alliance, especially when that one poster is the alliance's most frequent. Fair or unfair, that's CN for you)

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='06 May 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1273178161' post='2289269']
Let's see a duel!
[/quote]

I agree, I would like some entertainment. NSO you guys never disappoint in that department and for that I thank you. Gl with the duel if it happens

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 May 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1273173005' post='2289215']
It's a shame that Ragnarok won't let CSN fight their own battles. Nice try on deflecting attention away from their cowardice though. I posted the link to my nation in the OP. If Ragnarok truly wanted a piece of me they'd know where to find me.[/quote]
Do you honestly think RoK cares enough about you to "want a piece of you"? A classic case of delusions of grandeur. :rolleyes:

You could've posted this on CSN's forums if you'd simply wanted a duel with a member of CSN. You didn't because you wanted an audience. I'm in the audience and I'm ready to come up onto the stage if you need a volunteer for your act. It's up to you. I think it'd be fun, even if it didn't do what you set out to achieve when you posted this topic.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='06 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1273178161' post='2289269']
Let's see a duel![/quote]
What this man says.