The Amazing Like Race

Bilrow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicmountain' date='16 May 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1274002678' post='2299659']
How exactly are they marketing Cybernations to the world? I can find no examples of them marketing anything anywhere except for a three year old recruitment thread on some white supremacist forum. (Disclaimer: Just stating a fact here, I'm not saying or even implying the current Nordreich has anything to do with white supremacy. That's just all I could find) If they were really doing some kind of marketing to get the general public to like their alliance, shouldn't I be able to find it?
[/quote]

Well, by telling folks on Facebook that they know, to go here, and click such and such button.. that is marketing CN isnt it?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='18 May 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1274188430' post='2302122']
Well, by telling folks on Facebook that they know, to go here, and click such and such button.. that is marketing CN isnt it?

[/quote]
You know, it works even smoother when you have something to offer them. They learn all by themselves.

Ummm....how come GOONS are suddenly down to 3?

EDIT: And IAA has 0? OK, something's broken.

EDIT 2:

[quote name='Einswald' date='19 May 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1274246723' post='2303037']international waters, they couldnt prosecute[/quote]

In my sleep-deprived state what I saw was, "International waters, we couldn't barbecue."

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 May 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1274248351' post='2303063']
Looks like everyone gets to start back at 0!

(Except for NoR, who still have 771)
[/quote]
I had originally thought that other alliance numbers were somehow hidden. Now I've just learned from a NoR member that he tried to 'like' another alliance but wasn't able to.

Either something's broken or a NoR fan just bought Facebook. I'm going to go with the former.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yea, NoR isn't doing anything strange. I'm sure they got 770+ likes in the item it takes other folks to get 3.

Maybe whatever is storing that number of likes is set to a certain number, or some program is making likes up to a certain level.

Either way NoR's likes are anything but legit.

I wonder how many people will defend them because of "caress lovingly" GOONS!

(I'll defend them, goons are terrible)

Edited by Furril

[quote name='Furril' date='19 May 2010 - 03:31 AM' timestamp='1274254243' post='2303133']Maybe whatever is storing that number of likes is set to a certain number, or some program is making likes up to a certain level. [/quote]

You do realize those numbers are fed to CN by Facebook's servers, right? Neither you, I nor the Lord Admin Himself has the ability to make numbers simply disappear like that. The problem is on the Facebook side somewhere.

[quote name='Striderwanabe' date='19 May 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1274259825' post='2303170']
Oh shoot, we already have the press on us about this.

[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8018/aftenpostenlikerace.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Haha....nicely done.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='19 May 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1274255530' post='2303146']
You do realize those numbers are fed to CN by Facebook's servers, right? Neither you, I nor the Lord Admin Himself has the ability to make numbers simply disappear like that. The problem is on the Facebook side somewhere.
[/quote]
This is correct and they appear to be having issues with their counters for URLs that have spaces between the words at the moment. For example, Sparta and Nordreich show up fine whereas Mushroom Kingdom and The Legion are registering nothing. I'm sure they'll have this fixed soon.