The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Baldr' date='12 May 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1273693057' post='2296166']
Also, note that the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_Clan"]Poison Clan wiki[/url] says :
[/quote]

Right because an alliances self written wiki page is a completely unbiased and reliable source of information.

Besides, that's just some really idiotic wording, they describe it like its them getting away with a crime. They should have said something like "established precedent enshrining our right to tech raid."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, PC are correct. They don't even have to pretend that they are not criminals anymore. There is no point in legalistic acrobatic to get away with everything noways. You just need to have the right allies who talk high about how terrible the old hegemony was and support the scum of planet Bob and every asshatry.
Members of MK, the alliance which led Karma, are cheering for /m\'s announcement of the renewal of tech raids. Athens is a member of CnG, todays dominant bloc and the other members are not bothered to be embarrassed by that.
This is what the world dominated by the not-a-new-hegemony looks like.

Edited by Golan 1st

Oh no, this became about Tech Raiding ? Last time I check

*IRON banned its Tech Raiding practice.
*Gremlins are still idiots.
*PC is PC

Down a few more members....A quick thought.....should IRON gain the upper hand after their "Shark" plan....will they let Gremlins surrender to them or will they show them a little "Karma" ?

:smug:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' date='12 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1273702045' post='2296260']
Oh no, this became about Tech Raiding ? Last time I check

*IRON banned its Tech Raiding practice.
*Gremlins are still idiots.
*PC is PC

Down a few more members....A quick thought.....should IRON gain the upper hand after their "Shark" plan....will they let Gremlins surrender to them or will they show them a little "Karma" ?

:smug:
[/quote]
IRON and DAWN are better than Ramlins, they will present reasonable terms and nothing along the lines of unconditional surrender.

EDIT: Hell, last I checked they still have white peace on the table, however it seems unlikely that the offer will be accepted in time as Ram still has pipe dreams of claiming an unconditional surrender.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='amad123' date='13 May 2010 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1273687557' post='2296107']
You assume all IRON nations will leave PM and conduct a blitz attack. It is much easier to send in a nation with the lowest possible nation strength to attack two or three Gramlin nations at the top end of his declaration range. If they pick the three smallest nations not already at war or anarchy they can easily bring them down. Usually about 20k in 3 or 4 days. That's plenty for the rest of us to pile on and continue the beating. The nation doing the initial attack only has to fight for one week and then can rebuild. Then we get another volunteer to take on the next set of nations. So it will take time but it is quite easy to drag a nation down. The bigger they are the harder they fall so to speak.

Consider all the Gramlin nations as swimmers in the ocean. IRON and DAWN nations are the sharks circling beneath them. Whenever we get hungry we send someone up to pick on the smallest and weakest swimmer. The shark drags them down and a feeding frenzy occurs. When were ready we pick another target we send up another shark. There is nothing the swimmers can do, once the sharks drag them under there are hundreds of sharks waiting to feed so they are doomed.[/quote]
I don't see how you're gonna be able to do this to nations with 10-20k tech and billions in their warchests without getting completely reamed, sorry.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='13 May 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1273705887' post='2296314']
I don't see how you're gonna be able to do this to nations with 10-20k tech and billions in their warchests without getting completely reamed, sorry.
[/quote]

This is exactly what MK did and managed to beat the hell out of TOP. You're completely oblivious to modern and brilliant tactics, pfft and you call yourself a GOON.

[quote name='Batallion' date='12 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1273706533' post='2296318']
This is exactly what MK did and managed to beat the hell out of TOP. You're completely oblivious to modern and brilliant tactics, pfft and you call yourself a GOON.
[/quote]

Your mastery of the battlefield knows no bounds, comrade.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='12 May 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1273705887' post='2296314']
[/quote]
It's the hero nation strategy. It works if you have a massive advantage in numbers.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='13 May 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1273708433' post='2296342']
It's the hero nation strategy. It works if you have a massive advantage in numbers.
[/quote]

But to make it work you need also to have heroes.

Which don't seems to be the case.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='13 May 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1273705887' post='2296314']
[/quote]
Those few nations in gRAMlins with more than a billion in their warchest will just take longer to be put down, won't change the fact that they will be. No warchest prevents you from getting beaten down, it just allows you to resist longer.

Ignoring the fact that of course, when we reached the range of those nations, there is a good chance that they aren't part of the alliance anymore.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1273709220' post='2296362']

[/quote]
Yeah, I totally agree do, truly a shame.

Edited by shilo

[quote name='Batallion' date='13 May 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1273706533' post='2296318']
snip
[/quote]
IRON & DAWN don't have the numbers of nations or the requisite nation strength to recreate with Gre what 20+ alliances did to TOP.

Edit:

[quote name='shilo' date='13 May 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1273709759' post='2296372']
Those few nations in gRAMlins with more than a billion in their warchest will just take longer to be put down, won't change the fact that they will be. No warchest prevents you from getting beaten down, it just allows you to resist longer.[/quote]
Of course, but whatever you throw at nations like [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=100416"]Sierra Leone[/url] will be blown away. I just don't see it right now, but you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

[quote name='shilo' date='13 May 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1273709759' post='2296372']
Ignoring the fact that of course, when we reached the range of those nations, there is a good chance that they aren't part of the alliance anymore.
[/quote]
Given the downward trend pattern with respect to Gre's NS and numbers, I'd say you might be right on that score.

Edit #2: Fixed the link above, apologies :blush:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='13 May 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1273721542' post='2296633']
IRON & DAWN don't have the numbers of nations or the requisite nation strength to recreate with Gre what 20+ alliances did to TOP.

Edit:

Of course, but whatever you throw at nations like [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=5924"]Sierra Leone[/url] will be blown away. I just don't see it right now, but you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Given the downward trend pattern with respect to Gre's NS and numbers, I'd say you might be right on that score.
[/quote]

Is that nation even a member of Gre? He's showing "None" atm. If not that would prove Shilo's point...

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='13 May 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1273723418' post='2296694']
Is that nation even a member of Gre? He's showing "None" atm. If not that would prove Shilo's point...
[/quote]
I believe it [i]was[/i] a member....

EDIT: Gramlins is down to 38 members? Oh my.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

He's still flying the Grämlins AA as far as I can see.

Edit: Also of interest, IRON doesn't have anyone that can actually hit that nation. Which, conversely, means he can't hit anyone in IRON either.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='Delta1212' date='13 May 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1273724530' post='2296709']

Edit: Also of interest, IRON doesn't have anyone that can actually hit that nation. Which, conversely, means he can't hit anyone in IRON either.
[/quote]
Says "None" on my screen.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='13 May 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1273724530' post='2296709']

[/quote]
JimKongIl is big enough to hit Sierra Leone.

Edit:

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='13 May 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1273723418' post='2296694']
[/quote]

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='13 May 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1273725142' post='2296719']
Says "None" on my screen.
[/quote]

I linked the wrong nation, sorry. I've fixed the link above.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='11 May 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1273619008' post='2295287']
I'm sure you know very well that The Gremlins have a pretty good record of issuing appropriate terms. I'd contend that there are hardly any other alliances more suited to the task of appropriately handling a surrendering party.
[/quote]

lol, not any more.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='13 May 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1273725252' post='2296722']
[/quote]
In fairness, he wasn't a member last time I looked at IRON's roster.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='12 May 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1273724400' post='2296707']
I believe it [i]was[/i] a member....

EDIT: Gramlins is down to 38 members? Oh my.
[/quote]

At this rate.. \m/ can raid them by the end of the month... :smug:

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='12 May 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1273709220' post='2296362']

[/quote]

Why do you say that? Because IRON is sitting in peace mode?

Don't you think it would be wise to be patient until this trend stabilizes?

Top 7 Day Biggest Alliance Gains
3) 407,041 Strength Change - Independent Republic Of Orange Nations

Top 7 Day Smallest Alliance Gains
3) -690,084 Strength Change - The Grämlins

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='12 May 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1273725252' post='2296722']
[/quote]

I intend to only hit Gramlins who are actively attacking IRON but I could knock several of them down to the point where 3 nuclear capable IRON members could take over. I'm not quitting the game or anything but I can take heavy infra losses in this one and not have any regrets at all. I'm honestly tired of infra-hoarding. Also, I don't think I am the last nation large enough to hit their big guys that will be joining IRON. Gramlins could end this at any time if they cared enough but at this point I believe that is a very remote possibility.

Edited by JimKongIl

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='13 May 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1273730130' post='2296776']
Matthew or Ram, if you are up to the question, would you tell us if Gramlins would ever surrender unconditionally?
[/quote]

I seem to remember Matthew PK stating in a previous post that they would not offer terms that they themselves would not be willing to submit to. Weather that is true or not remains to be seen.

[quote name='SiL3nT' date='13 May 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1273730407' post='2296781']
I seem to remember Matthew PK stating in a previous post that they would not offer terms that they themselves would not be willing to submit to. Weather that is true or not remains to be seen.
[/quote]

I remember that but I also remember Matthew insisting that unconditional surrender in this context is not a peace term, it is a precondition for terms to be laid out. I would appreciate it if they could clarify this by stating yes or no.