The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='11 May 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1273631696' post='2295578']
You keep using the word allocution. What you are referring to in the context?

from Merriam Webster

Main Entry: al·lo·cu·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌa-lə-ˈkyü-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin allocution-, allocutio, from alloqui to speak to, from ad- + loqui to speak
Date: 1615

: a formal speech; especially : an authoritative or hortatory address
[/quote]

Generally, to allocute in law means "to speak out formally." Although I'm still not sure thats the best term for what it seems they are looking for.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='14 May 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1273841866' post='2297733']
(Words)
[/quote]
I don't think you're trolling, rather you're just opposing IRON for the sake of opposing IRON. You have made no valid points on any front, instead you are cherry picking numbers and points to try and change the subject of debate from Gramlins actions' to IRON's war plan.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='14 May 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1273839808' post='2297725']
Yeah. And you keep replying to them. Spotting some psycological issues there.

[/quote]
Well there's a double standard.

I didn't realize that you were type of person to continue debating this subject even though you were proven wrong.

Now in some ridiculous attempt to salvage your "CN Credibility" you back pedal and claim that people are insulting you and trying to deny you your Freedom Of Speech rights.

But yet I had no idea that proving someone wrong = violating the first amendment

The fact that you first came in here, Insulted IRON'S war fighting abilities, Made a false statement and defended it, and then cried foul when people begin to dog pile you with common sense is amusing.

Edited by BlkAK47002

*Ahem*

Stay on topic
Watch the trolling/baiting
Don't accuse others of breaking rules outside of the proper forum.
Follow the rules.

Consider this thread verbally warned to cut it out.

And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.

[quote name='Wabooz' date='14 May 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1273840842' post='2297731']
Well.. Shamshir is gone after 1,092 days on Bob. I hope this is worth it, Gremlins. Somehow I doubt it but maybe you all are sadistic like that..
[/quote]

I don't beleive that Shamshir's disappearance was caused by this policy. He was never afraid of going to zero and rebuilding; he was here for the friends, the community and the joy of the process.

[OOC]I really hope he's ok; haven't heard from him in a while[/OOC]

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='14 May 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1273852145' post='2297827']
Exactly.
Their history proves they wouldn't. Codex = Not offering anything they themselves wouldn't accept.
[/quote]

Ejay; we have been over this.
You cannot make a reply with some strut as if I haven't addressed this issue both in this thread and directly with you personally.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1273864250' post='2297917']
You cannot make a reply with some strut as if I haven't addressed this issue both in this thread and directly with you personally.
[/quote]

Speaking of not addressing issues, I believe my last couple of posts got buried in that last exchange.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1273864178' post='2297915']
I don't beleive that Shamshir's disappearance was caused by this policy. He was never afraid of going to zero and rebuilding; he was here for the friends, the community and the joy of the process.

[OOC]I really hope he's ok; haven't heard from him in a while[/OOC]
[/quote]
The last we heard from him he asked us what steps he would have to take to surrender to IRON and how long after that he would be released. After that, he stopped defending and checking his nation altogether. Perhaps they are unrelated but I personally think they are not.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1273864178' post='2297915']...he was here for the friends, the community and the joy of the process[/quote]This explains why he allowed his nation to delete
[OOC]I too hope he is OK[/OOC]

[quote name='Matt Miller' date='14 May 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1273864939' post='2297929']
The last we heard from him he asked us what steps he would have to take to surrender to IRON and how long after that he would be released. After that, he stopped defending and checking his nation altogether. Perhaps they are unrelated but I personally think they are not.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's unlike him to stop checking and defending.

I'll ask MHA if anybody has heard from him.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='14 May 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1273864609' post='2297924']
Speaking of not addressing issues, I believe my last couple of posts got buried in that last exchange.
[/quote]

The telecommunications infrastructure in my nation is being upgraded. I will have sparse presence here until Monday.

Edited by Matthew PK

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='13 May 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1273767318' post='2296996']
I propose an alternative explanation: that we want IRON to serve restitution.
It has nothing to do with grudges. After restitution is served they have a clean slate.
[/quote]
How exactly will losing half your membership and over half your NS achieve that? How many more members can you afford to lose before IRON do indeed come out and crush the few inactives left. You have lost and you dont even know it. Congrats on bringing IRON to its knees :awesome:

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='13 May 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1273793746' post='2297318']
The entire Supergrievances coalition had a 'top tier in peace mode' strategy in the TPF non-war, in case you forgot already.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say the [i]entire[/i] coalition. ;) But yeah, it's a pretty dumb argument. Peace mode is a legitimate strategy, although often annoying for the winner.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='14 May 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1273875207' post='2298026']
I wouldn't say the [i]entire[/i] coalition. ;) But yeah, it's a pretty dumb argument. Peace mode is a legitimate strategy, although often annoying for the winner.
[/quote]

Annoying yes, but that just kind of proves its effectiveness as a tatic/strategy. The fact that people get frustrated over it proves it works to impede their goals.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1273864250' post='2297917']
[/quote]
I believe your response was "Never say never," correct?

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='13 May 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1273767318' post='2296996']
I propose an alternative explanation: that we want IRON to serve restitution.
It has nothing to do with grudges. After restitution is served they have a clean slate.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Restitution for what? Isn't that what Karma was for? What has IRON done since? Besides deciding to defend TPF after Athens attacked, and besides the preemptive attack? What does it deserve restitution for? The preemptive strike? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Gremlins and several others are guilty of that too. Trust me, I'm not the only one who remembers noCB.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 May 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1273886277' post='2298167']
[color="#0000FF"]Restitution for what? Isn't that what Karma was for? What has IRON done since? Besides deciding to defend TPF after Athens attacked, and besides the preemptive attack? What does it deserve restitution for? The preemptive strike? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Gremlins and several others are guilty of that too. Trust me, I'm not the only one who remembers noCB.[/color]
[/quote]

The hypocrisy of Gremlins gets bigger and bigger as they go along.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 May 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1273886277' post='2298167']
[/quote]

This war is about the unwarranted attack on MK; IRON's pre-karma actions are irrelevant and forgiven. They have already paid all restitution for that action.

That is how restitution works: afterwords the slate is clean.
Also, do you remember all the posts saying that "The New Gremlins" were soiling the name of "The Old Gremlins" ?

Do you think people will drop that one now that they'd decided to try and use [b]the exact opposite[/b] against me?

Edited by Matthew PK

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1273894806' post='2298304']
This war is about the unwarranted attack on MK; IRON's pre-karma actions are irrelevant and forgiven. They have already paid all restitution for that action.[/quote]
Yet MK has granted them peace.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='14 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1273894806' post='2298304']
This war is about the unwarranted attack on MK; IRON's pre-karma actions are irrelevant and forgiven. They have already paid all restitution for that action.

That is how restitution works: afterwords the slate is clean.
Also, do you remember all the posts saying that "The New Gremlins" were soiling the name of "The Old Gremlins" ?

Do you think people will drop that one now that they'd decided to try and use [b]the exact opposite[/b] against me?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Right, so you condemn preemptive attacks? Thank you. Now explain Gremlin's attack on Polaris during noCB. Was that not a preemptive attack? Seems to me we have a bit of hypocrisy coming from Gremlins.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 May 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1273902912' post='2298399']
[color="#0000FF"]Right, so you condemn preemptive attacks? Thank you. Now explain Gremlin's attack on Polaris during noCB. Was that not a preemptive attack? Seems to me we have a bit of hypocrisy coming from Gremlins.[/color]
[/quote]

In all fairness, that is one of the tings that RAM has told us on our forums was something the old GRE did that was inexcusable, and hypocritical with what they claimed they were.

[quote name='Iamrecognized' date='15 May 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1273903383' post='2298407']
In all fairness, that is one of the tings that RAM has told us on our forums was something the old GRE did that was inexcusable, and hypocritical with what they claimed they were.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So, if you admit you did wrong, tell me, will Gremlins be restituting themselves? It would only seem fair that they answer for their criminal and terrorist acts.[/color]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='15 May 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1273907054' post='2298455']
I believe they think they are "restituting themselves"*, by doing what they do now?

[size="2"]*-that is a strange turn of phrase.[/size]
[/quote]

I think that the former actions are simply condemned as under previous leadership. While the Gramlins are a democratic alliance, it appears as though there has been enough flow of members in and out that the culture of the alliance has changed somewhat. That being said, this would be the way they'd "restitute themselves" if there was any they could really do so.