The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='25 April 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1272210368' post='2274357']
It'd do IRON's PR some good to give Gremlins white peace.
[/quote]
Yeah it definitley would, If I was in that situation though, Knowing that my alliance has to pay reps to CnG I would put Gre under terms to pay them off quicker.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Baldr' date='25 April 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1272181928' post='2274131']
If this continues very long, I don' think IRON and DAWN should give Gramlins white peace. Make Gramlins pay the reps that IRON/DAWN owe, plus a bit more to IRON/DAWN.
[/quote]
1) IRON and DAWN were required to pay a large portion of those reps themselves. CnG and our allies are going to hold them to that. Gre isn't going to be paying that.

2) It would take Gre ages to pay that off with their 60 or so current members.

[quote name='flak attack' date='25 April 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1272211003' post='2274370']
1) IRON and DAWN were required to pay a large portion of those reps themselves. CnG and our allies are going to hold them to that. Gre isn't going to be paying that.

[/quote]

Gremlins could help IRON pay: Sparta

Gremlins could help DAWN pay: IAA/CnG (except the extra to ODN)

not to mention, since some of the other alliances get to pay indirect tech, IRON/DAWN could always help them out. TOP and TSO for example. (TORN is doing quite well with their reps from what i hear) as for having only around 60 members. 30 of those members are over 50k NS. so that is 180 aid slots every 10 days or 27k tech every month. that is not exactly a tiny amount. i mean take all the indirect tech allowed by the Easter Sunday accords (254.5k tech) and it would take around 9.5 months for just those 30 members of Gre to pay it off. now considering that the 254.5k tech includes tech that has/will have already been sent, that 9.5 months just gets that much shorter.

[quote name='Methrage' date='25 April 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1272174770' post='2274012']
It wouldn't surprise me if Gremlins are going for a set amount of damage and then accepting white peace when they are done. They probably figure most of the bad PR will go away once they white peace since people have short term memories for the most part. I doubt Gremlins actually expect anyone to accept unconditional surrender, but they probably still feel they can do more damage before peacing out.
[/quote]
That would require them to be doing damange and they are not. The opposite in fact. Gremlins has dug itself into a hole. They will never get what they want and anything less makes them look like complete idiots for not knowing this was a fail idea.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='25 April 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1272212308' post='2274391']
That would require them to be doing damange and they are not. The opposite in fact. Gremlins has dug itself into a hole. They will never get what they want and anything less makes them look like complete idiots for not knowing this was a fail idea.
[/quote]
I don't think it's very fair to fault the Gramlins as a whole though.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='25 April 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1272213066' post='2274410']
[/quote]

What? That makes no sense. The leaders of the Gremlins are elected by the membership and a multitude of checks and balances exist that allow Conclave members to be removed by the membership if necessary.

An alliance is responsible for the actions of its leaders; even more so a democratic alliance.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='24 April 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1272140976' post='2273307']
Enabler? Shucks, I sure am a softie for the sweet talk. :blush:

We were lamenting, not bragging, however...
[/quote]

You were saying nonsense, that's what you were doing. No such thing as a free lunch. You were not getting anything from us and we were getting nothing from you, explicitly or implicitly.

It is $140m to build from 0 to 5000. Yes, that's cheap, but it's not so cheap that they can keep doing it over and over and over again from nuclear anarchy without noticing.

[quote]1) IRON and DAWN were required to pay a large portion of those reps themselves. CnG and our allies are going to hold them to that. Gre isn't going to be paying that.[/quote]
There's quite a lot of indirect tech, but even beyond that, they could make Grämlins pay IRON, and then IRON nations could send the tech on, or more realistically, they could demand cash reps, direct those to their sellers and have the sellers send the tech reps to C&G. Even a relatively small cash sum would ease their burden while not breaking their terms to C&G.

Yes, to pay off any significant part of IRON's reps in this way would require seriously harsh terms on Grämlins, but I suspect they've rather exhausted the world's sympathy for them by the way they've been acting, so I doubt there would be much outrage about it.

[quote]It'd do IRON's PR some good to give Gremlins white peace.[/quote]
True, but it would hardly take a hit from giving large reps either. Both approaches are perfectly sensible options, and I'm not in IRON, so I'm not in a position to say which they should do. IRON's PR have taken a major leap forward simply by being caught in this extended front and in comparison with their opponents.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='25 April 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1272213066' post='2274410']
[/quote]

It is very fair. They either agree and go along with poor choices their leaders have made or they do something about it. If they are not up to removing that leadership they can vote with their feet and leave. Not easy choices but, choices they are.

[quote name='flak attack' date='25 April 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1272211003' post='2274370']

[/quote]

1. IRON could always have IRON nations pay the tech while Gremlins aided other IRON nations. Then the other IRON nations could reimburse the people that payed the reps to CnG and co. their tech. Sure it takes up a lot of aid slots but it's less expensive then buying all that tech back

2. It'd only take ~3 months.

---

Not saying they should do any of that (I don't think they should) but it is a possibility.

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='25 April 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1272222860' post='2274599']
[img]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq240/Rebel_Virginia/GreMessages.jpg?t=1272222410[/img]

These are the messages RV sent for clarification.
[/quote]

Heh, I wonder if Gramlins considers poaching members an act of war.

[quote name='kerschbs' date='25 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1272223375' post='2274621']
Heh, I wonder if Gramlins considers poaching members an act of war.
[/quote]
I think its clear nobody cares what Gramlins thinks anymore. Pretty much people should feel free to aid IRON and DAWN as they please and do whatever they want to Gramlins as well. They have chosen ignore the norms of Planet Bob so it is only fitting they no longer are protected by those norms. And lets face it most of Planet Bob is just looking for an excuse to jump them so what are they gonna do about it?

[quote name='kerschbs' date='25 April 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1272223375' post='2274621']Heh, I wonder if Gramlins considers poaching members an act of war.[/quote]
You think Gre wants to fight RIA, and by extension, SF as well? Although I hope Gre does consider poaching members an act of war. I support what RV and WANA are doing.

In related news, IAA has waived their 2500 tech from DAWN, and Gre lost two more members from their AA.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='25 April 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1272223998' post='2274634']
I think its clear nobody cares what Gramlins thinks anymore. Pretty much people should feel free to aid IRON and DAWN as they please and do whatever they want to Gramlins as well. They have chosen ignore the norms of Planet Bob so it is only fitting they no longer are protected by those norms. And lets face it most of Planet Bob is just looking for an excuse to jump them so what are they gonna do about it?
[/quote]

On the contrary; this thread is 80+ pages of evidence that people care what we think. I contend that it's clear Gramlins doesn't care what [b]you[/b] think.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='25 April 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1272224560' post='2274654']In related news, IAA has waived their 2500 tech from DAWN, and Gre lost two more members from their AA.
[/quote]
A wonderful gesture from IAA if it's true and a clear statement that they truly don't support the Gramlins behind the scenes. Actions surely speak louder than words. I don't expect many others to follow suit. The Gramlins had two deletions today a 60k+ nation as well as their smallest member. The other day they got two 70k+ nations to 25 days inactive but managed to save them.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='25 April 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1272225270' post='2274674']Anyone poaching is just as stupid as Gre.[/quote]Oh, come on
I think that you underestimate Gramlins' stupidity here...

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='25 April 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1272224560' post='2274654']
and Gre lost two more members from their AA.
[/quote]
For those who don't keep track of it:
Those nations didn't quit Gre per se, they exist only in archaeologistic excavations [ooc:were deleted due to inactivity]. Another 2 are going tomorrow, 4 at Tuesday.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='25 April 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1272225270' post='2274674']
Anyone poaching is just as stupid as Gre.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I fail to see your logic here. Alliances are smart to recruit. If you do not recruit you cannot grow. Simple sense here.[/color]

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='25 April 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1272225364' post='2274678']
On the contrary; this thread is 80+ pages of evidence that people care what we think. I contend that it's clear Gramlins doesn't care what [b]you[/b] think.
[/quote]
This thread is 80+ pages of people laughing and pointing. It has come to a point where people feel free to call for you destruction, recruit your members and aid your enemies and you can do nothing about it. And to think you could have left this war in victory. Its takes a special kind of incompetence to go from victory in a war to an alliance falling apart and loosing everything from respect, friends and members. Well done. Also by your logic that you have responded tells me you do care.

Edited by The Big Bad