The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='31 March 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1270067589' post='2242342']
I'm pleased some fella from "the other side" has got the balls to call this crap out.

I guess I owe you a beer AirMe.

I'll make it a crate if you, or any other "Neo-Hegemony" alliance leader, follows some Karma-esque principles and follows up with a DOW on GRA for this base behaviour.

Hell, I'll make it two.
[/quote]

A DoW on Gre at this point would be pretty ridiculous. The logical and reasonable approach is to try to work something out with Gre for a few days, and if nothing works, well, you can try other things (like peacing out with IRON and leaving Gremlins to run the war however they want.)

Edited by Penkala

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1270067742' post='2242347']
A DoW on Gre at this point would be pretty ridiculous. The logical and reasonable approach is to try to work something out with Gre for a couple weeks, and if nothing works, well, you can try other things (like peacing out with IRON and leaving Gremlins to run the war however they want.)
[/quote]
More time to nuke you I guess.

[quote name='Coursca' date='31 March 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1270067523' post='2242340']
I also must implore my former comrades in IRON and TOP to be patient as well -- I am certain this is being worked on and you guys will finally be able to relax for the first time in months. At least, I hope so... :huh:
[/quote]
Now, to answer my question I want you to remember your history in TOP and all your interactions with the alliance/person in question, okay?

Do you honestly think the g-[u]RAM[/u]-lins are going to back down from an argument or belief set?

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='31 March 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1270067589' post='2242342']
I'm pleased some fella from "the other side" has got the balls to call this crap out.

I guess I owe you a beer AirMe.

I'll make it a crate if you, or any other "Neo-Hegemony" alliance leader, follows some Karma-esque principles and follows up with a DOW on GRA for this base behaviour.

Hell, I'll make it two.
[/quote]

I won't deny that the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

[quote name='iamthey' date='31 March 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1270067887' post='2242350']
How do you unconditionally surrender in CN? An extended ceasefire?
[/quote]

You "throw yourself at Ramirus Maximus' mercy, and allow him to do whatever he chooses with you." Or something. :unsure:

[quote]More time to nuke you I guess. [/quote]

Please nuke me again.

[quote]I won't deny that the thought hasn't crossed my mind. [/quote]

Why would you attack when you could just withdraw support and watch as instead Gremlins must surrender to IRON/TOP? It'd be such poetic justice, no?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='31 March 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1270067163' post='2242332']The logs gave the impression they had peace from Gre, but Gre changed their mind.[/quote]

I certainly (obviously) can't speak for Grämlins, but this is what seemed to happen here (my take on things at least, to provide a little perspective):
1. A Cabinet member of the previous Grämlins administration conveys acceptable terms for IRON and DAWN (perhaps informally, I'm not exactly certain now).
2. IRON accepts.
3. The present Grämlins administration takes over, and previous expectations (informal or otherwise) are no longer acceptable. There is a different approach to and stance on peace.

I'll go ahead and be less than candid about my personal feelings on this matter (those who need to know them know them). I will state though that entertaining attacks on Grämlins would be inordinately foolhardy.

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1270068008' post='2242356']
Why would you attack when you could just withdraw support and watch as instead Gremlins must surrender to IRON/TOP? It'd be such poetic justice, no?
[/quote]

I never said I was attacking. And in this conflict, I am hear to assist C&G. If they are done we are done. If they want to continue the fight we continue the fight. This is their fight not mine. Just as it is their fight and not Gremlins.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='31 March 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1270067977' post='2242353']
Now, to answer my question I want you to remember your history in TOP and all your interactions with the alliance/person in question, okay?

Do you honestly think the g-[u]RAM[/u]-lins are going to back down?
[/quote]

Easy there, tiger. :ehm:

My answer to you is "yes and no." I think Ramirus is going to try to screw up the entire peace process. And as things stand there's a good chance that may well happen. But that doesn't mean I can't be an optimist and hope you guys are able to finally take a break. That also doesn't mean certain parties aren't going to step up and do the right thing here, either. So I say its 50/50 right now, old friend.

I'd need more in the way of details to give you a firm "yes" or "no."

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='31 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1270068173' post='2242359']
I'll go ahead and be less than candid about my personal feelings on this matter (those who need to know them know them). I will state though that entertaining attacks on Grämlins would be inordinately foolhardy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Ah, of course you'll defend them. They are your dog now, after all, no? People look after their dogs. I don't know how many times NPO covered for Valhalla or the likes, but you get my point. People like dogs.[/color]

[quote name='Carlton the Great' date='31 March 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1270068328' post='2242363']
Sorry, even after two months of war you're a little small for me :awesome:
[/quote]

The problem is that I went through those same 2 months of war. :(

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1270068008' post='2242356']
[/quote]

I'm wondering how TOP and IRON could be reasonably expected to keep up a considerably large reparations payment plan to C&G+ while having to conduct a war against a high NS alliance populated by folks in desperate need of mental health care?

If our comrades on the other side of the trenches ain't going to act to enforce some Karmic ways in the face of self evident douchebaggery, you'd think they'd act to secure their future gains.

Edited by Some-Guy

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='31 March 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1270069094' post='2242377']
I'm wondering how TOP and IRON could be reasonably expected to keep up a considerably large reparations payment plan to C&G+ while having to conduct a war against a high NS alliance populated by folks in desperate need of mental health care?
[/quote]

That alliance doesn't have any high NS nations currently at war with you folks, so it would seem you have nothing to worry about.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='31 March 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1270069312' post='2242381']
That alliance doesn't have any high NS nations currently at war with you folks, so it would seem you have nothing to worry about.
[/quote]
Yes, they do. War is war, they can be attacked at any time. Last thing they need to do is underestimate their enemy, you know how the old saying goes.

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1270068797' post='2242370']
The problem is that I went through those same 2 months of war. :(
[/quote]
Given that you have 1 wonder to my 24 I have to suspect the gulf was quite wide pre-war as well :v:

[quote name='jstep' date='31 March 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1270069522' post='2242385']
thats because IRON is in peace mode, are you placing IRON in peace mode for 8+ months?
[/quote]

Funny, I didn't know I had joined Gremlins. I mean, I must have if you're asking me if I am putting IRON in peace mode. Jeeze, I should keep up on these things.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='31 March 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1270069312' post='2242381']
[/quote]

So we're supposed to sit and hope that the Gramlins don't attack us, when we (TOP and IRON) peace out with the majority of you reasonable folks and remove ourselves from peace mode and militarisation in order to comply with our terms of surrender to pay you our dues?

This does not compute for me, my love.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='31 March 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1270069665' post='2242389']
Funny, I didn't know I had joined Gremlins. I mean, I must have if you're asking me if I am putting IRON in peace mode. Jeeze, I should keep up on these things.
[/quote]
Actually, yes you should be keeping up to these things. I mean guys one of the reasons this is happening is because CnG won't do anything about it.
No?

Okay the "you need to attack gre this very moment or you're immoral" line is really really dumb. You guys realize that right? I find it unlikely that we'd keep fighting IRON for an eternity to make the surrender unconditionally to gre. I also find it unlikely that we'd force them to pay reps while being nuked by gre.

That doesn't mean we'll declare war on gre. We'll discuss things and hopefully we'll come to a satisfying resolution for everyone.

edit:
[quote name='Confusion' date='31 March 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1270069991' post='2242395']
Actually, yes you should be keeping up to these things. I mean guys one of the reasons this is happening is because CnG won't do anything about it.
No?
[/quote]
Now there's an argument I haven't seen since the last thread about this. Everyone should listen to this man for he is wise. I mean it's obvious that CnG isn't doing anything at all here.

Find it sort of amusing that none of the involved parties makes this claim only outsiders.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='31 March 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1270069665' post='2242389']
[/quote]

[quote name='TheNeverender']
[/quote]

My point was for IRON to pay peace terms they could not be at war with Gre. To avoid war with Gre, they must stay in peace mode (thats why they have something to worry about)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='31 March 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1270068764' post='2242369']
[color="#0000FF"]Ah, of course you'll defend them. They are your dog now, after all, no? People look after their dogs. I don't know how many times NPO covered for Valhalla or the likes, but you get my point. People like dogs.[/color]
[/quote]

Just because we aren't tearing them apart in public, doesn't mean we're enthused with their actions. I'm pretty sure all of us on both sides are pretty fed up with Ramirus and his crap. War was had, the outcome was decided, we just want to be on our merry way. None of us want to have this !@#$%^&*, considering if it weren't for that, we'd effectively be at peace now, minus a few minor details.

[quote name='citizenkane' date='31 March 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1270062584' post='2242215']
[20:09:05] <%Citizenkane> What has GGA got to do with it anyway?
[20:09:12] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> GGA has nothing to do with it.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about this.
[/quote]

What does PC have to do with it?