Vikings stuff...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seipher Caim' date='11 March 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1268371415' post='2223053']We are proud to announce that we have updated our official flag... our symbol is now 100% symmetric due to the hard work of Graphix.[/quote]

I am sorry to inform you that your flag is 0% symmetric. The central element has a three part rotational symmetry. The flag and outer border have 2 mirror planes of symmetry only if you are willing to ignore the central element. The combination of the two lead to zero symmetry as they do not share a common axis of symmetry. It is a very nice flag even without the inherent symmetry. Also congratulations on your anniversary. My condolences on the loss of treaties and or relationships with several other alliances. Please do not let my inability to let your statement go unchallenged put a damper on your fine party. The cake looks fantastic, how does it taste?

[quote name='Scorn' date='12 March 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1268390694' post='2223282']
I am sorry to inform you that your flag is 0% symmetric. The central element has a three part rotational symmetry. The flag and outer border have 2 mirror planes of symmetry only if you are willing to ignore the central element. The combination of the two lead to zero symmetry as they do not share a common axis of symmetry. It is a very nice flag even without the inherent symmetry. Also congratulations on your anniversary. My condolences on the loss of treaties and or relationships with several other alliances. Please do not let my inability to let your statement go unchallenged put a damper on your fine party. The cake looks fantastic, how does it taste?
[/quote]

LOL... Thx scorn... I knew that... and I used a little shortcut... and i really enjoy talking graphics so look at the defintionS :
[i]
[/i][quote][i]n.[/i] [i]pl.[/i] [b]sym·me·tries[/b] [b]1. [/b] Exact correspondence of form and constituent configuration on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane or about a center or an axis.[b]2. [/b] A relationship of characteristic correspondence, equivalence, or identity among constituents of an entity or between different entities: the narrative symmetry of the novel.[b]3. [/b] Beauty as a result of balance or harmonious arrangement.[/quote]
I'll give you that def. 1 does not apply since there is no "dividing line" to define the symmetry.
But 2 and 3 apply perfectly... The 3 heads are now exactly the same and the center is much more neat. So, it may not be the geometrical definition but the word still fit...
I'll be happy to continue this discussion in PM with anyone not OK with my definitions and/or word choice !

And the cake was awesome ! Thanks !

Yes, Jacapo.. Sorry to have worded that way in the OP but I corrected the shot in post [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82523&view=findpost&p=2223092"]#13[/url].
And you know that personaly, I will always have a soft spot for Hydra !

I was thinking that about the flag as well scorn...
Well Anyways it is quite a nice flag in any event :D

As for the treaty cancellations, *Shrug* Always sorry to hear friends parting, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

And Three years IS quite an accomplishment, Congrats on the Birthday!
Congrats to the New Gov Members as well.

Congrats to my great friends and dear (extended) family members of Valhalla!! You guys are a prime example of how to take an alliance and turn things around to make a great home for yourselves. I know I feel welcome in the Halls of Odin whenever I happen by :).

*DC brings several carts full of casks of mead, 2 tons of bbq ribs (smoked, rubbed and slathered in huckleberry rum sauce), a few wenches for yer men and 2 Captured Chipendale dancers for Kry :wub:!!

May your next 3 yrs see your family grow and prosper!

oo/ Vikings
oo/ Valhallans
oo/ Friends :)