Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Lord of the Port' date='09 March 2010 - 05:08 AM' timestamp='1268129599' post='2219137']
And thus you found Brookbank.

Well, I guess he was fitting in the character profile of your previous emperor.
[/quote]

Indeed. Good luck to those who chose to stay around with JB in charge. Well anyone who was active enough to notice anyway.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='08 March 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1268121338' post='2219092']
Our Sovereign is crowned by divine right. The throne has been vacant, watched over by our government, awaiting one who would be worthy to lead our grand alliance.
[/quote]

This whole situation has looked much more like viceroy than sovereign with JB's rise to power.

[quote name='mhawk' date='09 March 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1268147705' post='2219282']
This whole situation has looked much more like viceroy than sovereign with JB's rise to power.
[/quote]
A Viceroy from where, I wonder? Certainly not from those who fled our alliance in its time of need like rats attempting to flee a sinking ship. Unfortunately for those people, the Patna did not sink, and that shame will follow them the rest of their existence.

I would say it would be hard to be full of acerbic wit when weighted down with an albatross around the neck.

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mwarner2007/banner09.jpg[/img]
[b]Declaration of support[/b]
[color="#800080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]The good people of the Mighty Armed States of Honor wanna add our applause, applesause and anything else that might be construed as support for you folks. I personally thought that adding a DOS was redundant, since honoring our treaty IS already a DOS, but I got overruled. So there. We love youse guys. And since we were already best of buds with GGA before this transition thing, we wish nothin' but the best for all the others involved too.
Now that that's outta the way, where's the beer?[/font][/color]

I thought I read somewhere that none of the transitionary gov would be in the final gov... guess that worked out well.

It might be too late...but DerekJones for emperor? I mean if you let Brookbank in and to emperor in 16 days, surely you can't disqualify DerekJones.

Also: updated -40 members since prior government was overthown. Right now there are 61, for anyone that wants to watch in the next few days.

Lastly: Your webpage/forum doesn't reflect this.

[quote]
A. Sovereignty - The Grand Global Alliance reserves its sovereign right to declare war in any situation it deems necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, support and defense of friends whom we may not be allied to by treaty.
[/quote]

I personally am glad to see the principles of the Moldavi Doctrine becoming more commonly accepted.

Congratulations on the charter. I know Jonathan Brookbank will serve you well. Keep up the good work GGA.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='09 March 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1268152714' post='2219344']
A Viceroy from where, I wonder? Certainly not from [b] those who fled our alliance in its time of need like rats attempting to flee a sinking ship. Unfortunately for those people, the Patna did not sink, and that shame will follow them the rest of their existence.[/b]

I would say it would be hard to be full of acerbic wit when weighted down with an albatross around the neck.
[/quote]

And who exactly are these shameful people?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='09 March 2010 - 09:08 AM' timestamp='1268144001' post='2219245']
You got rid of the Triumvirate? Good for you guys.

I hope it all works out.
[/quote]

I was thinking along these lines. Both lines, in fact.

This is a step in the right direction.

"Once again I extend the hand of friendship and camaraderie to former members, former allies, and even former enemies and adversaries, to come visit us at our alliance forums and IRC channel."

"As such, each and every former GGA member will always remain bonded to our family, and any such prodigals (meant in an allusive sense and not a literal sense) that feel the urge to return may do so, as now is a time for great unity and healing."

"A Viceroy from where, I wonder? Certainly not from those who fled our alliance in its time of need like rats attempting to flee a sinking ship. Unfortunately for those people, the Patna did not sink, and that shame will follow them the rest of their existence."

Pulled a few bits of quotes out, seems to be mixed messages there, ex-members are welcome family and also shameful rats.

All the same i wish you the best of luck for the future and hope this is the start of something grand.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='09 March 2010 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1268152714' post='2219344']
As such, each and every former GGA member will always remain bonded to our family, and any such prodigals (meant in an allusive sense and not a literal sense) that feel the urge to return may do so, as now is a time for great unity and healing.

Certainly not from those who fled our alliance in its time of need like rats attempting to flee a sinking ship. Unfortunately for those people, the Patna did not sink, and that shame will follow them the rest of their existence.
[/quote]

So, from a spirit of great unity and healing for those who left to rats and shame on the same page of the thread? Care to choose which it is?

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='09 March 2010 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1268157239' post='2219420']
So, from a spirit of great unity and healing for those who left to rats and shame on the same page of the thread? Care to choose which it is?
[/quote]

There are many among us who cherish the bonds of friendship that we have created with our former family members. I for one am grateful to anyone that has put in service to this great alliance. Whatever there reasons for leaving were there own and I will always hold them in highest regard.

Love ya Momo.

[quote name='simon2269' date='09 March 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1268157034' post='2219415']Pulled a few bits of quotes out, seems to be mixed messages there, ex-members are welcome family and also shameful rats.

All the same i wish you the best of luck for the future and hope this is the start of something grand.
[/quote]

I think the charter quote relates to some internal issues that took place a while back, and resulted in members quitting/being thrown out. Whereas "shameful rats" was aimed at deserters(?). At least that's how I understand this.

I might be a trium-system supporter, but I know a good charter when I see it. It will be interesting to watch how you regain your place among top alliances. It's the times of need when any group or entity can show it's true value.
This document should be a good tool in a way towards might. Also - I like the whole feudal scheme, so points for that. We don't get knighted in democracy :(

[quote name='Cormalek' date='09 March 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1268159103' post='2219455']
This document should be a good tool in a way towards might. Also - I like the whole feudal scheme, so points for that. We don't get knighted in democracy :(
[/quote]
Agreed with this, I like the Idea of the Feudal System where more active members get the higher ranks. Often times in a democracy people get into positions they don't deserve (or rather they can't handle), this seems like a pretty cool Idea with the Paladins/Cavaliers/Knights etc.
although not to sound like a "Boo Democracy" person, Democracy's got it's perks over fuedalism too. Hope this system works out for you guys!

[quote name='simon2269' date='09 March 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1268157034' post='2219415']
"Once again I extend the hand of friendship and camaraderie to former members, former allies, and even former enemies and adversaries, to come visit us at our alliance forums and IRC channel."

"As such, each and every former GGA member will always remain bonded to our family, and any such prodigals (meant in an allusive sense and not a literal sense) that feel the urge to return may do so, as now is a time for great unity and healing."

"A Viceroy from where, I wonder? Certainly not from those who fled our alliance in its time of need like rats attempting to flee a sinking ship. Unfortunately for those people, the Patna did not sink, and that shame will follow them the rest of their existence."

Pulled a few bits of quotes out, seems to be mixed messages there, ex-members are welcome family and also shameful rats.

[/quote]
haha good call :D

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='09 March 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1268157239' post='2219420']
[/quote]

Well....Bryon's voice is an official voice of the FA of the GGA, since he is the MoFA, so thats fun...guess not everyone wants to make friends with those in the past.

EDIT: Adding another point. Why the hatred directed at Squires? The bit in the charter about them is filled with contempt. Further, do they count as part of the vote when it says 75% of all membership? cause it does say all, but at the same time, it says they have no voice in alliance affairs...but they are still a member, just a little confused. Thanks

Edited by KungFuHamster