Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='KungFuHamster' date='09 March 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1268160915' post='2219484']
Well....Bryon's voice is an official voice of the FA of the GGA, since he is the MoFA, so thats fun...guess not everyone wants to make friends with those in the past.

EDIT: Adding another point. Why the hatred directed at Squires? The bit in the charter about them is filled with contempt. Further, do they count as part of the vote when it says 75% of all membership? cause it does say all, but at the same time, it says they have no voice in alliance affairs...but they are still a member, just a little confused. Thanks
[/quote]

There is no hatred towards Squires and I'm not really sure where you're getting that from the Charter. Also, as it says, Squires do not have a say in alliance affairs, so no, they would not count towards any of the vote totals.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='09 March 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1268162147' post='2219505']
Who decides if someone moves up through the ranks, or down for that matter?
[/quote]

The Sovereign promotes/demotes people, but all Paladins and above (including Ministers, Regent, Chancellor, and Prime Minister) may suggest promotions/demotions.

[quote name='KungFuHamster' date='09 March 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1268160915' post='2219484']
Well....Bryon's voice is an official voice of the FA of the GGA, since he is the MoFA, so thats fun...guess not everyone wants to make friends with those in the past.

[/quote]

KFH, there are numerous examples of people on this forum making similar statements that are not promulgated into official government declarations. That is Byron's opinion in that particular matter and not all of us share that position, nor is it reinforced in any official GGA documentation. In any case, no where is it stated that the MOFA provides official representation of the GGA on the OWF and that the statements made by such individual should be construed as doctrinal.

Thanks for the noting that though so I can provide a little clarification.

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='09 March 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1268157239' post='2219420']
So, from a spirit of great unity and healing for those who left to rats and shame on the same page of the thread? Care to choose which it is?
[/quote]
There is a difference between ex-members who are jaded or ex-members who were long ago driven out and people who would gleefully watch us burn for no other reason than to validate their own opinions.

[quote name='WildeKaard' date='09 March 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1268164960' post='2219523']
KFH, there are numerous examples of people on this forum making similar statements that are not promulgated into official government declarations. That is Byron's opinion in that particular matter and not all of us share that position, nor is it reinforced in any official GGA documentation. In any case, no where is it stated that the MOFA provides official representation of the GGA on the OWF and that the statements made by such individual should be construed as doctrinal.

Thanks for the noting that though so I can provide a little clarification.
[/quote]

As a member of the alliance, though not government, I think I should say this. He is the MOFA, he is our public face. Make of that what you will, it's entirely understandable if someone takes what he says to be official stance.

Personally, I would have preferred more democratic reform. Anyone who was on the alliance forums can attest to that.

If people would be so kind as to use what I actually said and the context within which it was said, it would be clear that I was referring to, as someone pointed out, people who want nothing more than to see GGA fail just for the sake of seeing it fail, and was not referring to any members that may have felt underappreciated or misled that eventually left our alliance.

Edited by Byron Orpheus

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='09 March 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1268165463' post='2219532']
If people would be so kind as to use what I actually said and the context within which it was said, it would be clear that I was referring to, as someone pointed out, people who want nothing more than to see GGA fail just for the sake of seeing it fail, and was not referring to any members that may have felt underappreciated or misled that eventually left our alliance.
[/quote]

Not that I disagree with you, "people who want to see us fail" is a bit vague.

[quote name='Kenadian_2006' date='09 March 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1268165929' post='2219538']
[/quote]
My thought was that it would be more tactful to not list people publicly and create ill-will that would not have normally been there.

[quote name='Kenadian_2006' date='09 March 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1268165929' post='2219538']
[/quote]
I believe that the definition he is looking for is "disgruntled ex-members that wish to see the GGA disband/fade into obscurity simply because they cannot let go of their (bad) experience(s) with the GGA"

Not taking a side here but that's what it looked like to me. :)

[quote name='Kenadian_2006' date='09 March 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1268165272' post='2219530']
As a member of the alliance, though not government, I think I should say this. He is the MOFA, he is our public face. Make of that what you will, it's entirely understandable if someone takes what he says to be official stance.

Personally, I would have preferred more democratic reform. Anyone who was on the alliance forums can attest to that.
[/quote]

Anyone who posts here can be interpreted to be a "public face." The point I make is that the political weight of the alliance should not be considered behind a statement unless it is marked as official. This is common parliamentary decorum and I am simply asking for that to be held in respect.

[quote name='WildeKaard' date='09 March 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1268166664' post='2219554']
Anyone who posts here can be interpreted to be a "public face." The point I make is that the political weight of the alliance should not be considered behind a statement unless it is marked as official. This is common parliamentary decorum and I am simply asking for that to be held in respect.
[/quote]

Fair enough point.

[quote]
My thought was that it would be more tactful to not list people publicly and create ill-will that would not have normally been there.[/quote]

I actually hadn't considered that. :v:

[quote name='Porthos' date='09 March 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1268167619' post='2219574']
I like how the transitional gov't. became the non-transitional gov't. Gotta love a coup.
[/quote]
Because there were oh so many qualified members to choose from, right?

[quote name='sethb' date='09 March 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1268169425' post='2219612']
Because there were oh so many qualified members to choose from, right?
[/quote]
Although I honestly have to admit a little voice in my head said "touché", a second, slower voice said: "And then they choose Brookbank?".

-_-

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='09 March 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1268161612' post='2219490']
There is no hatred towards Squires and I'm not really sure where you're getting that from the Charter. Also, as it says, Squires do not have a say in alliance affairs, so no, they would not count towards any of the vote totals.
[/quote]

I suppose I was just taking a more pessimistic approach than intended, but rather than saying that squires are basic membership, it says they are the lowest possible. In my personal albeit unwanted opinion, I first read it as overly harsh. The rest of my confusing, about them voting, I would believe is still confusing to myself. They are referred to as members, but don't get to vote as members, I guess with your distinction it is unnecessary, but as the charter is worded verbatim, I still think its confusing :P

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='09 March 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1268173860' post='2219728']
This looks awesome. Good luck to all those in gov. especialy JB, Dementual, and Byron
[/quote]
Thanks, Omni. :wub:

And everyone else who's given their support - I thank you as well. I am providing free cake at the GGA Castle to any and all diplomats that visit, so give it a serious consideration. ;)

Note: I'll probably forget to give you cake. Please remind me and scold me angrily using :argh: whilst in the GGA castle.