Decree of the Sith

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a year! Very nice announcement Lint. Some people are saying "...it doesn't seem like a whole year..." etc. For me, it seems like you guys have been here forever....and I've been playing this game from the earliest days (mid '07.) It's amazing what NSO has accomplished, and I couldn't imagine CN without you.

o/ NSO! Long may your flag fly!

Good luck rebuilding. Maybe the hiatus from power will allow Ivan some time to build up his nation?

Edit: Just so this doesn't seem dickish congrats on the 1 year birthday! You guys have been great for the community.

Edited by eyriq

[quote name='eyriq' date='06 March 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1267903066' post='2216143']
Good luck rebuilding. Maybe the hiatus from power will allow Ivan some time to build up his nation?

Edit: Just so this doesn't seem dickish congrats on the 1 year birthday! You guys have been great for the community.
[/quote]

I'd be disappointed if Ivan ever had a functioning nation. :P

[quote name='eyriq' date='07 March 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1267903066' post='2216143']

[/quote]
Pfft, like that will ever happen :rolleyes:

Congrats on keeping alive the ego maniacal fanaticism that was and still is the Moldavi Doctrine.

Calling it UJW 2.0 doesn't sit right with me, UJW was never what this war was. This was closer to being a [b]great[/b] war. UJW was a minor peeing match compared to this.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='06 March 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1267932748' post='2216585']
Congrats on keeping alive the ego maniacal fanaticism that was and still is the Moldavi Doctrine.

Calling it UJW 2.0 doesn't sit right with me, UJW was never what this war was. This was closer to being a [b]great[/b] war. UJW was a minor peeing match compared to this.
[/quote]
Thanks!

Yea I don't actually like that name either. But whatever. More important issues, etc.

The New Sith Order is filled with experienced, driven, and ambitious members. While it is a pitty (in my view) they ended up on the opposite side of the current war I have no doubt they shall bounce back quickly and be at higher heights when they make it to their 2nd, 3rd, and following birthdays.

So happy birthday NSO and congrats on making it to birthdaty #1.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1267867099' post='2215789']

Was sad to see Ivan forced to step down due to actions of certain entities.
[/quote]

Yes, his own actions when promising something he shouldn't have.

Also happy birthday NSO.

It was certainly an eventful year, with its ups and downs, its victories and its defeats. I hope we lived up to everyone's expectations when we were founded.

OOC: As a personal note (and I think this goes for many players in the alliance), NSO gave us a reason to continue when we were rapidly losing interest in the game. I have played this game since its birth and there is little I haven't seen or experienced. Playing the "little guy" has been fun the last few months. It is the first time in a while I have felt a true sense of comradeship within an alliance, as reflected by our surprisingly strong internal fortitude during the last war. More than any material objectives we can achieve in the game, I would like this sense of good fun and friendship within the alliance to continue.

[quote name='Elyat' date='08 March 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1268032247' post='2217786']
long live the sith

lol
[/quote]

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Sithisms aside, o/ The Order!

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='eyriq' date='07 March 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1267903066' post='2216143']
[/quote]
He has built something far more bigger than a mere nation and it got even more awesome when Heft joined in.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='06 March 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1267838135' post='2215438']
I agree with most of your statement except this part. I mean how dare us make allies with someone familiar or make allies at all. Maybe we should have been smart and just waited for some big alliance to mass tech raid us no?
[/quote]

That's hardly the point in question. When NSO started they managed to irritate quite a few alliances (e.g. with the policy of allowing in members on PZI lists).

Had the New Sith Order not been allied to Polaris and the Siberian tigers it is quite possible you would have ended up on the receiving end of a curbstomp which could easily have killed a fresh new alliance.

So it is only fair to say that the allies of NSO prevented its demise in those early days.

[quote name='andre27' date='08 March 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1268086974' post='2218370']
That's hardly the point in question. When NSO started they managed to irritate quite a few alliances (e.g. with the policy of allowing in members on PZI lists).

Had the New Sith Order not been allied to Polaris and the Siberian tigers it is quite possible you would have ended up on the receiving end of a curbstomp which could easily have killed a fresh new alliance.

So it is only fair to say that the allies of NSO prevented its demise in those early days.
[/quote]
The NSO could of possibly gotten into a war on their own with the odds stacked against sooner without former treaties with NpO and STA, but not one of demise and I think its only fair to say NSO prevented its own demise. I have received some aid from STA after the war to help with rebuilding, so I do appreciate that and recognize they are trying to make things right.